VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old December 20th, 2014 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Rabbi Dov Lior: Non-Jews are "uncompassionate by nature" and attacks on them "curb their evil inclination"

Dov Lior, once arrested for inciting violence, hopes to strengthen Jewish character of city

An influential extreme right-wing rabbi associated with hardline settlers told his community members in the West Bank city of Hebron that he intends to move to east Jerusalem in order to strengthen the Jewish character of the city, Israeli daily Ynet reported on Friday.

Rabbi Dov Lior, one of the founders of the national-religious Tkuma movement, has been at the heart of a number of controversies in Israel over the years.

Lior has served as the chief rabbi of Hebron and Kiryat Arba for 39 years.

"I am not abandoning the battle for the Land of Israel, God forbid," he wrote, according to Ynet. "I hope that my presence in Beit Orot will strengthen our standing in Jerusalem's gates."

In October, Rabbi Lior said that Israel should aim to "cleanse" its territories of the Arab population and said that Jewish Law forbade the renting or sale of homes to Arabs.

Speaking at an event in Givat Oz V'Gaon, an unrecognized settler outpost established in memory of Naftali Fraenkel, Eyal Yifrach, and Gil-ad Shaar, the three teenagers who were kidnapped and murdered on June 12, Dov Lior said that Israel could never succeed in reaching a peace deal with the Palestinians as they are only interested in war against the Jewish State and incapable of grasping the concept of democracy.

“This is their character, they are for war, and the traits of a nation do not change,” Lior said at the time.

“They (Arabs) know how to lead a democratic government just like I know how to deal with camels,” Lior said during his speech in Givat Oz V'Gaon, adding that the Israeli government should encourage the Palestinians to emigrate from the region.

“We must strive to clean the entire country (of Palestinians),” Lior said.

“We should offer them the right to return to their countries in the Arabian Peninsula, and give us the right of return to our country,” he said.

Lior was arrested in 2011 after refusing to be questioned by police in connection with his endorsement of the book “Torat Hamelech,” which justifies the killing of non-Jews in some cases.

Written by Yosef Elitzur and another rabbi, the book reportedly says that babies and children of Israel's enemies may be killed since "it is clear that they will grow to harm us."

It also said non-Jews were "uncompassionate by nature" and that attacks on them "curb their evil inclination."

In 2011, Lior made similar comments, calling Arabs “camel riders” and “wolves” who “hate peace,” adding that they should be given the “right of return” to places like Saudi Arabia.

read full article at source: http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel...east-jerusalem

Old December 20th, 2014 #2
Theodore

Jews, Palestinians have close genetic ties, say researchers ...
Ariella Oppenheim Ph.D., a researcher at Hebrew University and the Hadassah Medical School labs, has published the result of DNA studies which show that ...

Thread