Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Uncensored Europe + > United Kingdom
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old April 22nd, 2013 #1
Bev
drinking tea

Default Gerry Adams denies he kept quiet about his younger brother sexually abusing his daughter to save his career

Quote:
Gerry Adams has denied withholding information about child sex abuse claims involving his niece to save his political career.

The trial of his younger brother heard that the Sinn Fein president did not tell police until nine years after Liam Adams had allegedly confessed to abusing his own daughter as they walked together in Dundalk in 2000.

During cross examination at Belfast Crown Court defence barrister Eilis McDermott QC asked why Gerry Adams had not told detectives about the alleged admission until a month before a television programme relating to the child abuse claims was to be aired.

'I am suggesting that the reason you made this statement was to save your political skin,' said Ms McDermott.

Gerry Adams replied: 'If I had been interested in saving my political skin I would not have got involved with the process at the beginning. I tried to fulfil my responsibility as an uncle to a young woman I am very fond of.

'This is above politics and saving my political skin had no consideration in any of these matters.'

The court heard that Mr Adams, on the advice of his solicitor, made two separate statements to police in 2007 and 2009.

'The statement came in two parts - two months and four months apart - and just one month before you were interviewed by a television journalist,' said Ms McDermott.

Mr Adams answered: 'That may be chronologically right but to link one to the other is absolutely and totally wrong.'

Earlier Gerry Adams told the court that his sibling admitted sexually abusing his daughter, Aine.

The Sinn Fein president said that Liam Adams made the alleged admission during a meeting in Dundalk in 2000.

'I had a long walk with Liam. We had a number of conversations.

'During the course of that he acknowledged that he had sexually abused Aine. He said it only happened the once,' Gerry Adams told Belfast Crown Court.

When asked to describe his brother's demeanour for the jury of six men and six women, Gerry Adams replied: 'He was very upset. I remember it was raining.'

Liam Adams, 57, from Bearnagh Drive in west Belfast, denies 10 charges of child sex abuse including rape, indecent assault and gross indecency against his daughter between 1977 and 1983 when she was aged between four to nine years old.

Aine Adams, 40, has waived her right to anonymity.

Gerry Adams was sworn in as a prosecution witness this morning.

Ciaran Murphy QC, counsel for the prosecution, asked Mr Adams to outline the language his brother used when he made the alleged admission.

He said: 'To the best of my recollection the terms that he used were that he had molested her or that he had interfered with her, that he had sexually assaulted her.'

Mr Adams said he had first confronted his brother about the alleged abuse during a meeting in Buncrana, Co Donegal in 1987.

He told the court at that time Liam Adams denied the allegations.

He also denied that he had threatened to hit his brother with a hammer if the allegations were true.

'No I did not,' Gerry Adams said.

Later, defence barrister Eilis McDermott QC suggested that the alleged admission had not taken place.

'You say that your brother made an admission to you in 2000 walking in the rain in Dundalk. I should make it clear to you that I suggest no such admission was made.'

Gerry Adams replied: 'I don't accept that but I understand it.'

When the allegations first emerged, he was MP for West Belfast.

Earlier the trial heard how Liam Adams had worked at a number of youth clubs in the heartland of his brother's former constituency - Clonard Youth Club for five years from 1998 and another club in the Beechmount area known as the Blackie Centre from about 2004.

He also worked with young people aged in their mid to late teens in Dundalk - which is in his brother's current constituency of Louth - for about a year from 2003.

Liam Adams had passed police checks, it was claimed in court.

Gerry Adams said he had told a priest about the sex abuse allegations when he became aware that his brother was working with children at Clonard but had not gone to the police.

'At this point Aine was an adult. This was a legacy issue. I am not Aine's parent. I am an uncle and she has many uncles. I was trying my best to resolve these matters in a way which helped Aine but also in a way which helped Liam to get rid of his demons,' he said.

Ms McDermott suggested that it was his duty as an MP to inform the civil authorities.

'You have a duty to inform the police if you thought your brother posed a danger,' she said.

Mr Adams replied: 'I did not believe that my brother was a danger. Given his acknowledgement to me and the fact that he said this only happened the once. I have had lengthy conversations with my brother and I think I knew him very well.'

Gerry Adams said he only engaged with the police after Aine went to the PSNI in 2006.

The trial continues.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...own-Court.html

Old April 22nd, 2013 #2
joefrombradford

He knew everything and his niece, the victim, agrees that Gerry played a part in trying to sweep this under the carpet.

Gerry Adams, the public face of the Provisional Irish Republican Army has had teenage boys beaten with baseball bats and had their legs broken/kneecaps shot just for minor infractions such as breaking into cars, shoplifting or anti-social behaviour towards their neighbours. Low and behold he has protected a Paedophile who abused his own niece, from the same or more severe punishment.

And despite this shocking, disgusting behaviour this terrorist group still has support on here.

Old April 24th, 2013 #3
Mike White

Support? Why would anyone support a Fenian Terrorist Nonce, that hates the English? They can't be proper Nationalists.

Old April 24th, 2013 #4
joefrombradford

Because not everyone who posts here is a Brit and not every Brit who posts here is ethnically British. It is amongst the second and third generation immigrants on VNNUK where the Irish Republican Army and Islamic Jihadi groups find strong support.

Plus we have some of those "Irish Americans" here as well.

Old April 24th, 2013 #5
Jimmy McQuade
Hrvatski Prijatelj

Gerry Adams is a british politician.

Old April 24th, 2013 #6
joefrombradford

No es cierto, señor. él es un irlandés y él abandonó el sistema político británico a presentarse como candidato en el condado de Louth, en la República de Irlanda, donde fue elegido.

Old April 24th, 2013 #7
Mike White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McQuade View Post

In reality he is anything but, he is Irish and hates the British.

Old April 24th, 2013 #8
The Truth At Last

Quote:
He's also a republican cunt but what's your point wetback ?

Old April 24th, 2013 #9
joefrombradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
In reality he is anything but, he is Irish and hates the British.
He also left the British political system in 2010 to stand as candidate in County Louth, Republic of Ireland where he was elected.

Not that I'd have expected the dumb Spic to know that.

Remember to press red to support Paedophile cover-ups. Hit it like its a piñata, Esse!

Last edited by joefrombradford; April 24th, 2013 at 12:35 PM.

Old April 24th, 2013 #10
Jimmy McQuade
Hrvatski Prijatelj

What does his passport say?

Old April 24th, 2013 #11
joefrombradford

Quote:
What does his passport say?
Ah, Esse. I get it, you mean he is passport British, just like Diane Abbott, Keith Vaz, Shabana Mahmood, Zeshan Rehman, Lenny Henry, Nick Clegg, Trevor Phillips, Andi Peters and Trevor McDonald?

sí, sí!

Old April 24th, 2013 #12
Jimmy McQuade
Hrvatski Prijatelj

Thumbs up

Yeah, now you're getting the picture. Brits.

Old April 25th, 2013 #13
Mike White

Quote:

Like I said but in reality he is anything but British, there is more to being British than holding a passport, I thought you would know that, if I held a Pakistani passport, but hated Pakistanis, tried to kill them, destroy their homes, there lifestyle, would that make me a Paki?

Old April 25th, 2013 #14
Sweyn Asleifsson

Quote:
"Sucky ar Da " Jimmy

Old April 25th, 2013 #15
Bev
drinking tea

A British passport does not make one British.

Old April 25th, 2013 #16
Sweyn Asleifsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
A British passport does not make one British.
You can put lipstick on a pig, it will still be a pig

Old April 25th, 2013 #17
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweyn Asleifsson View Post
You can put lipstick on a pig, it will still be a pig
+1

Exactly.

Old April 25th, 2013 #18
Mike White

I see the Pro IRA and 2nd 3rd generation of IRA supporters are rather upset with this negative post concerning the notorious British Killer, Gerry Adams, well if you love the glorious IRA British killers so much, errm why not go back to the place that you love, I'm sure England won't miss you, or why not join Antifa, they like to donate to the IRA, so it is believed, and they to are self hating Brits.

Old April 25th, 2013 #19
joefrombradford

There are millions of Pakis out there with British passports. Their travel document is the only thing British about them.

He's clutching straws. Gerry is as British as the people in this video are Irish:

Last edited by joefrombradford; April 25th, 2013 at 06:54 AM.

Old April 25th, 2013 #20
Mike White

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefrombradford View Post
There are millions of Pakis out there with British passports. Their travel document is the only thing British about them.

He's clutching straws. Gerry is as British as the people in this video are Irish:

Gerry Adams of Sinn Fein - YouTube

Oh how the easy and unknowing are easily led

Thread