VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 10th, 2012 #221
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
If you're in politics, you're a man. That is how all women on the other side should be treated - as men. And more often than not, exceptionally vicious and deceitful men - the true successors of Rosa Luxemburg. May they all end up as she did.
Yep, especially the ones who act like men or put themselves in a man's face in a tough manner like they want to fight or something. When they get put in their place, they want to hide behind their gender, like "Who, me?? I'm just a woman!"

They cease to have all benefits and honor and protection of being a woman when they try to be a man. It's funny how the liberals, marxists and other assorted scum are for equality and equal level and the first thing I read on a lot of comments from them on youtube and such is "She's a wooommmannn! How disgraceful, the fascist cowards!"

Makes me laugh. They're for traditional gender roles and attitudes for people who don't act traditional anymore. It just doesn't work.

Old June 10th, 2012 #222
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Kasidiaris Threatens to Sue Commies

The Guardian is a leading English paper. It claims that Kasidiaris is still in hiding. It seems to me that the Golden Dawn have spun this incident well and actually made propaganda hay out of it.

Quote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/201...p-attack-women

Greek Golden Dawn MP says women in TV debate provoked him into attack
Far-right party spokesman threatens to sue after slapping one rival and hurling water at another

Paul Gallagher
The Observer, Saturday 9 June 2012

Caption:Ilias Kasidiaris said on Facebook that he wants to sue his victims. Photograph: Petros Giannakouris/AP

The Greek far-right politician who attacked a female panellist and threw water in the face of another woman during a live TV election debate is threatening to sue his victims after accusing them of provoking the attack. Ilias Kasidiaris, spokesman for the Golden Dawn party, has been in hiding since Thursday when he assaulted the leftwing politicians.

In a statement on Facebook yesterday, he said he regretted becoming involved in an incident which is damaging the party's image ahead of the general election on 17 June, but blamed his opponents for the assault.
"The events that took place on Thursday morning on Antenna TV were staged with the sole aim of provoking an extreme reaction on my part," he wrote. "I am sorry that, without intending to, I got mixed up in a case that has confused public opinion and was aimed at hitting Golden Dawn. I will go to the prosecutor in person to sue those behind the illegal actions that have taken place in the last two days." He provided no further details and Golden Dawn officials were unavailable for comment.

Kasidiaris leapt from his seat during the heated TV debate and threw a glass of water at Rena Dourou, a deputy with the radical Syriza party, after she declared his party "will take the country back 500 years". He then turned on Liana Kanelli, an MP with the KKE communist party, who stood up to condemn the action. Kasidiaris, a weightlifting enthusiast who served in the Greek military's special forces, slapped Kanelli around the face three times as she threw up her arms in self-defence. Shouting, "No, no, no", the talkshow's presenter, Giorgos Papadakis, tried to intervene but within moments other guests said the MP had fled from the studio.

Golden Dawn's image has been severely dented by continuous replays of the footage of 31-year-old Kasidiaris striking Kanelli. The attack prompted street protests across the country as people denounced the "dark force" of fascism.
The scandal has added a twist to an election that could decide whether Greece stays in the euro after five years of deep recession, and public anger over painful austerity measures.

Golden Dawn, a far-right, anti-immigrant party whose symbol resembles a Nazi swastika, entered parliament for the first time after winning 7% of the vote in an inconclusive general election in May.

• This article was amended on 10 June 2012. The headline was changed to make clear that Ilias Kasidiaris is not the leader of the Golden Dawn party.

Old June 11th, 2012 #223
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Kasidiaris Sues Leftist Twits

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18398603

Greek New Dawn's Ilias Kasidiaris sues women over TV row

11 June 2012 Last updated at 10:56 ET

Illias Kasidiaris arrived at court on Monday flanked by his fellow far-right party members to file the lawsuits

The spokesman for Greece's far-right Golden Dawn, who slapped a left-wing politician and threw water over another on a TV debate, is suing his victims. Ilias Kasidiaris went to an Athens court to announce he would sue the women for defamation. Mr Kasidiaris is also suing the TV station, Antenna, for illegal detention after staff tried to stop him leaving following the incident last Thursday. Golden Dawn will be contesting a critical Greek election this Sunday.

Mr Kasidiaris avoided an arrest warrant for the attack, lying low until it expired. Under Greek law, the arrest warrant for a minor crime must be carried out by midnight the day after the incident took place for an immediate trial - otherwise it goes to judicial procedure and a much later trial date is set. A court date to hear the assault charges has not been set yet.

After Mr Kasidiaris emerged from hiding, he went to court on Monday to submit lawsuits against Communist Party candidate Liana Kanelli and Syriza party member Rena Dourou. "I have come to the prosecutor today to file a lawsuit against Mrs Kanelli and Mrs Dourou for unprovoked defamation and against TV station Antenna for my illegal detention," Reuters reported him saying outside court.

'Three right-left blows'

The row started during Antenna's daily morning political show when leftist politician Ms Dourou mentioned Mr Kasidiaris's alleged involvement in an armed robbery in 2007. He jumped up and threw a glass of water across the table at her, a clip of the programme showed.

Golden Dawn spokesman Ilias Kasidiaris was apparently provoked when his alleged involvement in an armed robbery was mentioned. When Liana Kanelli of the Greek Communist party, the KKE, apparently threw a newspaper at him, he responded by slapping her around the face with three right-left blows. Staff at Antenna TV tried to keep him in a room until police arrived after the incident, but he broke out.

According to Reuters, the 31-year-old former army commando turned up at the opening of his party's new offices in a Athens suburb on Sunday and said he had been acting in self-defence. "I did what millions of Greeks would have done - when you get hit in the face you have to defend yourself," he said.

Mr Kasidiaris is already facing earlier charges of theft and bodily harm from a separate incident, which he denies. No court date has yet been set for either case. His Golden Dawn party garnered 7% of the vote in Greece's inconclusive May election, campaigning on an anti-immigrant platform. Among other policies, it has proposed planting mines along Greek borders to prevent the entry of migrants. The party has been accused of violent attacks against immigrants in Athens, but denies the claims.

Parties of the far right and left have attracted growing support as Greeks abandon centrist parties they blame for the economic crisis. Greeks will go to the polls again on Sunday in a second attempt at electing a government. Currently, polls put the conservative New Democracy party and the left-wing Syriza party neck-and-neck. The vote could be crucial to Greece's future in the eurozone, with the EU warning its loans will be cut off if Syriza fulfils its promise and throws out Greece's bailout conditions.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 11th, 2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: typo

Old June 11th, 2012 #224
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 916 View Post
Yep, especially the ones who act like men or put themselves in a man's face in a tough manner like they want to fight or something. When they get put in their place, they want to hide behind their gender, like "Who, me?? I'm just a woman!"
Women usually want to have things both ways, and many of them aren't even conscious of this. They genuinely do not see a contradiction in, say, demanding the man have no say in whether she can abort a child, but, if she decides to keep it, forcing him to pay child support. Traditionally women have been considered illogical and injudicious, hence unfit for the vote, the jury, or the judge altar.

Quote:
They cease to have all benefits and honor and protection of being a woman when they try to be a man.
I just treat them as a man. Not worse or better. But I understand they will generally try to have it both ways if they can. It's part of their biology. Lacking male strength (strength of mind just as much as strength of body), they make up for it with cunning, deceit and duplicity.

Quote:
It's funny how the liberals, marxists and other assorted scum are for equality and equal level and the first thing I read on a lot of comments from them on youtube and such is "She's a wooommmannn! How disgraceful, the fascist cowards!"
They do this across the board. Homosexuality is another example. They spend every waking mass-media second promoting homo-normality; then the second they have or create (Hoover) evidence that their opponent is a queer, they mock him for it endlessly. This is why people have always noticed that anything communist or jewish is womanly in its viciousness and unprincipledness.

Old June 11th, 2012 #225
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18398603

Greek New Dawn's Ilias Kasidiaris sues women over TV row

11 June 2012 Last updated at 10:56 ET

Illias Kasidiaris arrived at court on Monday flanked by his fellow far-right party members to file the lawsuits
Excellent. Young toughs being audacious. What the jews celebrate when they do it as chutpah. But then again, to be Aryan-fair to these fellows, the cunt did attack the White man first, so he has every right to defend himself.

The spokesman for Greece's far-right Golden Dawn, who slapped a left-wing politician and threw water over another on a TV debate, is suing his victims.

Ilias Kasidiaris went to an Athens court to announce he would sue the women for defamation. Mr Kasidiaris is also suing the TV station, Antenna, for illegal detention after staff tried to stop him leaving following the incident last Thursday. Golden Dawn will be contesting a critical Greek election this Sunday.

Mr Kasidiaris avoided an arrest warrant for the attack, lying low until it expired. Under Greek law, the arrest warrant for a minor crime must be carried out by midnight the day after the incident took place for an immediate trial - otherwise it goes to judicial procedure and a much later trial date is set. A court date to hear the assault charges has not been set yet.

After Mr Kasidiaris emerged from hiding, he went to court on Monday to submit lawsuits against Communist Party candidate Liana Kanelli and Syriza party member Rena Dourou. "I have come to the prosecutor today to file a lawsuit against Mrs Kanelli and Mrs Dourou for unprovoked defamation and against TV station Antenna for my illegal detention," Reuters reported him saying outside court.

'Three right-left blows'

The row started during Antenna's daily morning political show when leftist politician Ms Dourou mentioned Mr Kasidiaris's alleged involvement in an armed robbery in 2007. He jumped up and threw a glass of water across the table at her, a clip of the programme showed.

Golden Dawn spokesman Ilias Kasidiaris was apparently provoked when his alleged involvement in an armed robbery was mentioned. When Liana Kanelli of the Greek Communist party, the KKE, apparently [communist media treats established fact as in question] threw a newspaper at him, he responded by slapping her around the face with three right-left blows. Staff at Antenna TV tried to keep him in a room until police arrived after the incident, but he broke out.

According to Reuters, the 31-year-old former army commando turned up at the opening of his party's new offices in a Athens suburb on Sunday and said he had been acting in self-defence. "I did what millions of Greeks would have done - when you get hit in the face you have to defend yourself," he said.

Mr Kasidiaris is already facing earlier charges of theft and bodily harm from a separate incident, which he denies. No court date has yet been set for either case. His Golden Dawn party garnered 7% of the vote in Greece's inconclusive May election, campaigning on an anti-immigrant platform. Among other policies, it has proposed planting mines along Greek borders to prevent the entry of migrants. The party has been accused of violent attacks against immigrants in Athens, but denies the claims.

Parties of the far right and left have attracted growing support as Greeks abandon centrist parties they blame for the economic crisis. Greeks will go to the polls again on Sunday in a second attempt at electing a government. Currently, polls put the conservative New Democracy party and the left-wing Syriza party neck-and-neck. The vote could be crucial to Greece's future in the eurozone, with the EU warning its loans will be cut off if Syriza fulfils its promise and throws out Greece's bailout conditions.

Old June 13th, 2012 #226
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Golden Dawn Projected to Do Even Better in New Elections

It looks to me that playing hard to get and refusing all press interviews is not hurting Golden Dawn a bit. I like the idea of removing immigrants from hospitals to make room for Greek babies. Note the mean looking SA troops with red baseball caps.

Quote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...in-Greece.html

Rise of neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party leads to spate of immigrant attacks in Greece

The rise of Greece's far-Right Golden Dawn party has led to a spate of vicious attacks against immigrants that it is feared will only increase after a new election is held on Sunday.

By Alex Spillius, Athens7:56PM BST 13 Jun 2012

Caption:Nikolaos Michaloliakos, leader of the extreme right-wing Golden Dawn party, speaks to supporters during a pre-election rally at the northern port city of Thessaloniki Greece Photo: AP

The neo-Nazi group has been blamed for numerous violent incidents since the May 6 vote, when it stunned the whole of Europe by winning 6.97 per cent of the vote and 20 seats in parliament amid deep anxiety about recession, unemployment and high levels of illegal immigration.

Polling data seen by the Daily Telegraph shows that Golden Dawn is on course to perform just as well or even better in the new election, which was called after the first failed to produce a government. Immigrants groups have said that attacks in Athens have risen in recent weeks, backing up an increase in anecdotal reporting, and fear that once established in parliament the party's black t-shirted vigilantes will feel further emboldened in their campaign of intimidation.

Reza Gholami, the head of association for Afghan immigrants, said: "There are daily beatings. Most incidents are not known because immigrants do not notify authorities. They are afraid for their lives or don't have legal papers or lack the funds to pay the cost of a law suit."

There have been accusations of police bias after it emerged that 50 percent of Athens police officers voted for Golden Dawn. Suspected perpetrators are often arrested but not charged.

In the latest reported attack, a 28-year-old illegal Egyptian immigrant was beaten by men armed with clubs and iron bars as he slept on his roof to escape a summer heat wave. Abu Zeid Mubarak Abu Zeid said he woke to see several men setting upon him. "They were trying to kill me, I swear that they wanted to kill me. I passed out and woke up in hospital." He was left with a double fracture of the jaw, a broken nose, and needed substantial stitching on his head.

The gang of ten assailants then smashed windows as they tried break into the house in Perama, a working class district near the port of Piraeus. They were defeated by locks on the doors. "If they had got in I don't know where we would be now," said Abu Habid Saad, the victim's cousin, who has been in Greece for 15 years. "They were swearing and shouting 'come out so we can teach you a lesson'. One had a Golden Dawn t-shirt," he said. "We are family men. We have always lived peacefully, we never had any differences and never expected such violence," he added.

A Golden Dawn candidate posted a YouTube message the previous day warning Egyptians in the area that "complaints had been received" and that they would have to "reckon with" the party. Last week a Jerusalem Post photographer was hospitalized after he was set upon by black t-shirted thugs with sticks and batons. He had started taking pictures after seeing them chase dozens of immigrants down the central Patision Avenue.

Golden Dawn has denied any role in beatings, although it has campaigned on ridding Greece of virtually all migrants and the daughter of its leader and two MPs elected last month were arrested in a June 4 assault on a Pakistani man who happened to be passing a party motorcycle rally.

One of those, Ilias Panagiotaros, this week threatened to remove immigrant children from hospitals to make room for Greek babies. He also said that any MPs from other parties who "uttered rubbish about national issues" would as a warning be shown a video of party spokesman Ilias Kasidiaris slapping a communist candidate live on television.

The polling data showed that despite widespread condemnation support for Golden Dawn rose by two percentage points after the incident, when Kasidiaris also threw a glass of water over another woman. Rather than apologise, Ilias Kasidiaris has sued the two women and the television station for defamation.

Old June 13th, 2012 #227
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Greek Hospital Cleansing

Cleansing Greek hospitals of Sand Nigletts and African Nigletts is a capital idea.
Quote:
http://www.businessinsider.com/greek...igrants-2012-6

Greek Neo Nazi Party Claims It Will Raid 'Hospitals And Kindergartens' And Throw Out Immigrants
Adam Taylor | Jun. 13, 2012, 9:14 AM | 876 | 14

Caption:Ilias Panagiotaros

Greek far right party Golden Dawn has no plans on gaining international acceptance anytime soon, it seems. According to Helen Smith of the Guardian, party MP Ilias Panagiotaros recently told a rally in Athens:
If Chrysi Avgi [Golden Dawn] gets into parliament [as polls predict], it will carry out raids on hospitals and kindergartens and it will throw immigrants and their children out on the street so that Greeks can take their place."

The comments came after reports that medical supplies and beds at hospitals are in short supply. Smith reports that the threat earned loud applause.

This weekend, Greece is preparing for their second general election this year. The last election in May saw Golden Dawn receive almost 7% of total votes.

Old June 13th, 2012 #228
Gary Peiper
Banned

So I read that 50% of Athens cops voted for GD, is this true or just media hype? If so it is mighty impressive, and could make them very hard to dislodge from the political scene. Also helps account for how many assaults they supposedly pull off in Athens.

Old June 13th, 2012 #229
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Peiper View Post
So I read that 50% of Athens cops voted for GD, is this true or just media hype? If so it is mighty impressive, and could make them very hard to dislodge from the political scene. Also helps account for how many assaults they supposedly pull off in Athens.
Probably not that much but still a sizeable number {statistically much more than the general population vote for GD} this has the system whores worried.

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old June 14th, 2012 #230
Dawn Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Cleansing Greek hospitals of Sand Nigletts and African Nigletts is a capital idea.
Israel does so with meritorious efficiency in order to protect the well-being and safety of its citizens. Surely Greece should be afforded the same human rights.

Last edited by Dawn Cannon; June 14th, 2012 at 02:50 AM.

Old June 14th, 2012 #231
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Human Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Cannon View Post
Israel does so with meritorious efficiency in order to protect the well-being and safety of its citizens. Surely Greece should be afforded the same human rights.
Silly you! Only G-d's Pets are human. Goyim are like cattle and have no rights.

Old June 14th, 2012 #232
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile The Five Words

The happenings in Greece right now are a tiny preview of what will soon happen here. The difference is that our collapse will be 1,000 times worse. The Greeks do not have 270 million firearms in private hands nor 45 million feral Negroes on welfare.

Quote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ek-lawlessness

The rise of Golden Dawn is a sign of Greek lawlessness
In three years, the far-right party has gone from a nonentity to a major political force, due in part to our lack of respect for the law

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/vide...election-video

Earlier this week, Ilias Panagiotaros, a heavy-set Golden Dawn MP said these words during a rally in Athens:

"If Chrysi Avgi [Golden Dawn] gets into parliament [as polls predict], it will carry out raids on hospitals and kindergartens and it will throw immigrants and their children out on the street so that Greeks can take their place." He went on to threaten fellow MPs with violence if they voice opinions on issues of national interest that his party does not agree to.

There are laws in Greece that prohibit hate speech and the threat of force against people or groups of people, of course. But, as usually happens here, the objectionable legality of this outburst was ignored.

It was the latest in a series of grim incidents initiated by Golden Dawn members, a group of mostly young men that combine hate speech with a swagger familiar among nightclub bouncers. As the country faces the worst crisis of its modern history, political discourse has sunk to their level. How did this happen?

Just three years ago, the far-right Golden Dawn party was a nonentity. An outlandish group modelled after similar neo-Nazi parties of Europe, they caused more bewilderment than fear. Their anger seemed inexplicable and appalling, but also inconsequential. In the 2009 election they got 0.29% of the popular vote, which, in the tiny electorate of Greece, translates to less than 20,000 votes in total.

Then, after the economy crumbled, bailouts were issued, memoranda were signed and the Greek political system imploded, something changed: on the 6 May election, Golden Dawn got almost 7% of the vote (and 21 seats in parliament). More than 440,000 people voted for them.

That's a lot of new neo-Nazis in just three short years.

But of course, they were always there. Before May, those at the far-right edge of the Greek political spectrum were assimilated in the "regular" right. Laos, a party with an anti-immigration, nationalistic agenda similar to Golden Dawn's, but wrapped in a less-scary populist package, got 5.6% of the vote at the 2009 polls. Three years later, after alienating its supporters by voting for the much-maligned second memorandum (the agreement that secured the 2012 bailout), it only got 2.9%. Many of the defectors naturally fled to Golden Dawn.

Add to that the ultra-conservatives among the 1.1 million voters that fled New Democracy, the major party of the Greek centre right, during the past three years, and there you have it: Hundreds of thousands of conservative Greek voters, disillusioned with the status quo, found in Golden Dawn an unexpected alternative.

But what was it that swayed them towards a political force so blunt and raw? How can such an aggressive, negative, violent political message find agreeable ears in a modern democracy?

If anything, the rise of Golden Dawn is an indication of our lawlessness.

This lawlessness is so pervasive that it is rendered imperceptible. We evade taxes, drive illegally, park illegally, build houses in burned-out forest land, tolerate corruption, hate speech, racism and violence, and somewhere along the way we forget that what we are doing is wrong.

Greeks, let me assure you, are not biologically wired to be violent or immoral. The lawlessness is not an innate characteristic – it's a visible trait, but not a genetic one. It would not exist if lax policing, vague laws, a needlessly complicated bureaucracy and a justice system that barely operates didn't facilitate it. It's a self-replicating monster. A catch-22 of corruption.

Unfortunately, it shapes the way civilians view themselves as members of their society, and the level of public discourse that is based upon that view. This is obviously why Greece is ranked low in studies that measure social capital. (Greece ranks last among EU members in volunteering and blood donations, for example). In a 2010 Vanity Fair article, author Michael Lewis called Greece "a society that has endured something like total moral collapse".

When civilians view law abidance as optional, they can immediately assume that their opinion is above any law. And their opinion, unbound, can become anything. In times of crisis and uncertainty, when fear reigns, opinions can easily turn sinister.

People can begin to accept that, sure, we can throw immigrant children out of kindergartens. That is something that can happen. We can throw yoghurt at politicians, or bludgeon passerby reporters. We can slap women on live TV, and justify it on Facebook posts afterwards. We can upload YouTube videos calling for an armed rebellion, as an alleged Syriza candidate did. We can assemble in a city square and chant threats of physical violence against our elected officials, while holding DIY hanging nooses as symbolic banners. Thousands of Greeks did just that last year.

When a nation's moral compass is malfunctioning, when the level of its public discourse is abysmal, its lawlessness made manifest as violence in words and deeds, people can even pretend that a group of thugs that terrorise immigrants in poverty-stricken suburbs are a plausible political entity, and elect it in parliament.

In a country collapsing in so many disparate ways, anything can happen. This is exactly where Golden Dawns bloom and flourish.

• Follow Comment is free on Twitter @commentisfree

Old June 14th, 2012 #233
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
The polling data showed that despite widespread condemnation support for Golden Dawn rose by two percentage points after the incident, when Kasidiaris also threw a glass of water over another woman. Rather than apologise, Ilias Kasidiaris has sued the two women and the television station for defamation.
Hey - what's that grinding noise? Why, I do believe itz the sound of kike/commie rat teef gnashing.....

Quote:
The spokesman for Greece's far-right Golden Dawn, who slapped a left-wing politician and threw water over another on a TV debate, is suing his victims.
Ah yes: the scrupulously fair reporting the Beeb is world famous for.

Quote:
When a nation's moral compass is malfunctioning, when the level of its public discourse is abysmal, its lawlessness made manifest as violence in words and deeds, people can even pretend that a group of thugs that terrorise immigrants in poverty-stricken suburbs are a plausible political entity, and elect it in parliament.
Of course this cunt didn't and doesn't mind a damn bit when jew-minded commie scum get elected to parliament and use street violence to force their will onto the sane.

It's sweet indeed to see these vermin twist 'n' shout....

Old June 15th, 2012 #234
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Run on Greek Banks Continues

Some of this may be fears over the collapse of Greek banks not the fear of return to the drachma. This is a preview of what will happen here.

Quote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...rom-banks.html

Debt crisis: Greeks pulling €800m a day from banks
Greeks are withdrawing up to €800m a day from their banks and stocking up on basic food supplies ahead of the election on Sunday that many fear will result in the country being forced out of the euro.

By Alex Spillius, in Athens
6:17PM BST 13 Jun 2012

"This includes cash withdrawals, wire transfers and investments into money market funds, German Bunds, US Treasuries and EIB bonds," said one banker, who spoke on condition of anonymity. The estimates of daily withdrawals provided yesterday by banking officials are now running higher than at any time since the country was first bailed out two years ago.

It came as it was suggested that Greece could even need another EU bail-out. "If a state insolvency is to be avoided, then the Europeans will need to jump in again," said the German newspaper Die Zeit. "The Bundestag (lower house of German parliament) may possibly have to discuss a third Greek package again. A double-digit billion euro amount is being discussed," the report added.

A precondition for such a third bailout package would be that elections result in a government "that commits itself to further reforms," Die Zeit said.

The Sunday election is a re-run of the May 6 poll which failed to produce a government. It is a close contest between the conservative New Democracy party, which broadly backs the tough austerity measures attached to the country's second €130bn bail-out in February, and the radical Leftist coalition Syriza, which wants to revise the rescue deal substantially. Failing to meet the rescue's conditions could lead to the EU and IMF cutting off funds, forcing a Greek exit from eurozone.

Fears that Greece will collapse financially have slowly drained Greek banks over the last two years. Central bank figures show deposits have shrunk by about 17pc, or €35.4bn in 2011, and stood at €165.9bn at the end of April. Greek banking officials said withdrawals were not yet at a pace that would fatally destabilise the sector, but were seen as a symbol of full-blown panic that could yet strike.

A manager at a high street bank in northern Athens said withdrawals were the highest ever seen at the branch. "There is a lot of anxiety. People are taking out cash, cheques or transferring money to a variety of countries. If I had any money to withdraw I might do the same."

Among those joining the mini-run yesterday was Pavlos Korakas, a retired airline pilot who has taken out €10,000, leaving just €5,000 on deposit. "The majority of wealthy people have sent their money abroad," he said. "Of course I am worried about Greece leaving the euro. Whoever says they are not is lying."

"People are terrified by the prospect of returning to the drachma and some believe it's good to fill their cupboard," said Vassilis Korkidis, head of the ESEE retail federation. "It's over the top, we must not panic. Filling the cupboard with food doesn't mean we will escape the crisis."

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 15th, 2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: typo

Old June 15th, 2012 #235
James Hawthorne

Thumbs up Golden Dawn campaign in Greece's general election – video

Greece's far-right Golden Dawn party rallies supporters ahead of this weekend's general election. It has been dogged by controversy since winning 7% of the vote in the inconclusive 6 May parliamentary election. The party's rise of the party is linked to concern over violence and crime.

(Video at Link)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/vide...?newsfeed=true

VNN Media

Old June 15th, 2012 #236
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Greek Jew Lovers Whine About Golden Dawn

Partisan activity brings on massacres. Perhaps the Greeks should blame them instead of the Germans. My guess is that the Babington author is a Jew.

Quote:
http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w...06/2012_447061

Caption:A survivor searches for the remains of her relatives behind a glass panel inside a mausoleum, during the 68th anniversary of the Nazi wartime Distomo massacre in the village of Distomo.
By Lefteris Papadimas & Deepa Babington

DISTOMO -- Like most others in this tiny village that lost 218 lives in a Nazi massacre in 1944, Mina Kotsiou looked on horrified as the extreme-right Golden Dawn party emerged as a surprise winner in Greece’s inconclusive election last month. Days before a second vote, she is confident that the rest of Greece has caught on to what the central Greek village has known for 68 years -- that any group fond of Nazi salutes, Aryan supremacist ideology and Adolf Hitler must only be feared.

Barely a month after Golden Dawn stormed into parliament with 7 percent of the vote, its fortunes are on the wane as stunned Greeks see its members in action: slapping a woman during a TV debate, ordering reporters to stand to attention, denying the Holocaust or smiling next to an Auschwitz oven.
”Those who voted for Golden Dawn did it out of ignorance -- I don’t think they knew what they stood for,” said Kotsiou, 62, who lost two uncles in the Nazi slaughter of 1944.

”But after seeing them on television, their appearance, the way they behave, people have understood what they are about.” Polls show support for the ultra-nationalist party -- which denies it is neo-Nazi and hopes to rid Greece of immigrants -- has dipped to between 3.6 and 5 percent ahead of Sunday’s vote, with some of its voters turning to the conservative New Democracy and Independent Greeks parties. Still, Golden Dawn is expected to cross the 3 percent threshold to enter parliament.

Distomo is keeping its fingers crossed that this is the beginning of the end for Golden Dawn, which -- to the horror of most locals -- even grabbed a few votes in the hilltop village where Nazis went on a two-hour rampage on June 10, 1944, butchering peasants, bayoneting babies and torching houses. ”For the people of Distomo and other villages that have suffered, the idea of Golden Dawn is infuriating - it is the hardest thing to accept or see happen,” said Distomo’s mayor Yiannis Patsantaras. ”Memories of the tragedy are very much alive in these parts.” Adding insult to injury, residents woke up a few days ago to discover the Golden Dawn logo - eerily similar to the Nazi swastika -- had been spray painted in red along the path to a hilltop mausoleum housing the skulls of the Nazi victims. Shocked residents rushed to wipe out the offending graffiti.

Patsantaras says a Golden Dawn sympathizer was probably behind the provocation, likely angered by the furious reaction when locals heard the party wanted to hold a pre-election gathering here. Some promised to lynch them, others unfurled a banner that read: ”Distomo, June 10, 1944 -- We don’t forget, we don’t forgive. A metre of rope for every Nazi. Golden Dawn out.” POOR AND Despite all that, Distomo was in for a rude surprise on election night on May 6 -- results showed 44 of its 2,800 residents actually voted for the party accused of neo-Nazism.

Patsantaras is at pains to point out that most of them are not Distomo natives but are workers at a nearby aluminium factory who had migrated from elsewhere in Greece. He is hoping there will be fewer votes for Golden Dawn this time. Only about five to 10 votes came from Distomo natives who were young and unemployed, says Leonidas Bouras, president of the cultural centre. Like many others, they saw it as a vote of protest against an a political class that has brought Greece to the brink of bankruptcy and an exit from the euro, he said. ”We know who they are -- they are very poor people, isolated, and narrow-minded,” said Bouras.

Nevertheless, the rest of the village is furious at them. Over the weekend, the mayor said a leftist and a Golden Dawn supporter came to blows in a local cafe as they discussed the far-right party’s spokesman Ilias Kasidiaris throwing water at a leftist rival and slapping another during a television debate -- replays of which have dented the party’s popularity.

Still, some Golden Dawn supporters are unrepentant. In the village center, Ioannis Papatriantafyllou sat under a large plane tree at his son’s cafe and proudly declared that he and his family had voted for Golden Dawn. He was two years old during the massacre, which claimed his aunt’s life.

He rejects claims the party is neo-Nazi, preferring to compare them to a Greek hero who fought the Ottoman occupation, Theodoros Kolokotronis. In any case, partisan rebels were to blame for provoking the Nazis into burning Distomo, he said. ”They want to liberate Greece,” Papatriantafyllou said of Golden Dawn. He is all praise for Kasidiaris, saying: ”I have invited him here to the village for a meal.” Other villagers sipping their frappes at tables nearby looked aghast; a rival cafe owner dismissed the man as ”crazy”.

Tucked away amid hills dotted with olive trees and oleander blooms, the village of terracotta-roofed houses and languid cafes has long struggled to come to terms with its brutal past. Golden Dawn’s sudden rise has reopened old wounds for many. ”We get frightened when we see their party insignia on television,” said Irini Sfoundouri, 79, who lost her father in the massacre. ”We wonder, are the Germans coming back?” Her husband Ioannis, whose sister was among the 218 victims of the Nazi rampage, is still wavering between shock and denial.

”Those of us who lived through the massacre, we turn off the television -- we don’t want to see them,” he said. ”I never imagined a party like this would enter parliament.” Locals have tried to avoid daily reminders of the 1944 tragedy: a house where the Germans killed a couple and one of their three children is now a supermarket, no plaque or statue marks the yellow and grey stone houses where others perished.

Instead, the horror is on display in the local museum, where walls are lined with fuzzy black and white pictures of the victims: peasant women in headscarves, the local priest, a groom in leather clogs and his bride on their wedding day, a plump child in white socks and black-buckled shoes, a crying baby. Up a winding path from the village, skulls of the victims -- some just shattered fragments -- fill rows of open shelves in a small room. Outside a marble monument bears their names -- from a two-month-old baby girl to 84-year-old Yiorgos Stathas.

In her home filled with pictures of Jesus Christ, Frosini Perganda remembers the day of the massacre vividly. A 19-year-old with a three-month-old son at the time, she hid behind a door and then ran to the hills after Nazi soldiers shot her husband through the head. She watched from her balcony as they lined up and executed villagers before a church, recoiling in horror as the square slowly filled up with blood.

Now 88, she is not one to bother with politics, but she is clear on how to handle Golden Dawn members. ”We should kill them,” she said. ”Why do we need them in our country? How would they feel if someone killed their child or father?” [Reuters]

Old June 15th, 2012 #237
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Golder Dawn Website Under Attack

This website has been down several times when I have checked it. If I read the announcement correctly, the Greek government is behind the attacks. Golden Dawn must be doing something right. This is a machine translation.

Quote:
http://www.xryshaygh.com/index.php/d...-chrushs-aughs

New electronic attack against the website of the Golden DawnThursday, June 14, 2012 - 16:24

According to a report of the company that hosts the official site of the Golden Dawn, on the outside, blocking our website is from the Greek ( state, and specifically from the circuits of OTE on the Internet, leading occasionally to shut . The pseftodimokratia their shows once again the face of authoritarian and how afraid of the Golden Dawn. Alone against all, until victory!

Golden Dawn Press

Old June 15th, 2012 #238
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Golden Dawn Sues Greek Mayor

It looks like that Golden Dawn is doing an effective job of using the law to combat their opponents. This is again a machine translation.

Quote:
http://www.xryshaygh.com/index.php/d...a-tou-mpoutarh

MP sued the Golden Dawn
by Boutari's
Friday, June 15, 2012 - 15:54

Lawsuit filed by MP Golden Dawn in I Thessalonians, Anthony Gregos against the Mayor of Thessaloniki, Yiannis Boutari mound to the Police Department. This case involved the mayor's statements on 9 May and the lawsuit for the offenses of defamation, of disturbing the peace and civil discord stimulation and verbal abuse.We remind you that the mayor of Thessaloniki had declared on the entry of the Golden Dawn in parliament, the following: "It is beyond any logic in parliament to have the Nazi party. They are signs of the times, because all over Europe have such phenomena and Nazi beliefs deeply that it is illegal in Germany the Nazi party, so in Greece must eventually be declared illegal Nazi party. "

Old June 15th, 2012 #239
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
A metre of rope for every Nazi. Golden Dawn out.
Quote:
Now 88, she is not one to bother with politics, but she is clear on how to handle Golden Dawn members. ”We should kill them,” she said.
Leftist scum proving yet again that they're not opposed to political violence at all - as long as they're the ones committing it.

The sooner these vermin are double-timed into mass graves the better.

"HEP-HEP!!"

Old June 16th, 2012 #240
James Hawthorne

Thumbs up An eclectic rally crowd hails Greece’s neo-Nazi party

Hail the glorious fighters of the Golden Dawn in Sunday's election.

Quote:

The far-right Greek political party, Golden Dawn, hopes to gain more seats in parliament in Sunday’s election.

A spokesman for Greece’s neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party, Ilias Kasidiaris, rises to the podium in front of a few hundred cheering supporters at a final rally in an Athens suburb ahead of Sunday’s elections.

A surprisingly mixed crowd of skinheads, women and students applaud the elected ex-soldier who slapped a female communist politician on live television last week, after being elected to parliament in an inconclusive vote in May.

“Another punch for the lesbian!” supporters called out to general hilarity.

Martial music blares out at the rally as supporters wave blue-and-white Greek flags ahead of elections that could determine Greece's future in the eurozone.

The site chosen for the gathering ─ opposite the Greek defence ministry ─ is also no coincidence for the tightly-knit, martial-oriented group.

Kasidiaris was speaking under the equestrian statue of Marshal Alexander Papagos, the leader of Greece’s forces against Fascist Italy in World War II.

He faces a trial for assault over his televised stunt, but is far from cowed.

“I have heard it said, from coffee shops to social media sites, why don’t we send Kasidiaris to talk to (German Chancellor Angela) Merkel?” he said proudly.

Once a tiny minority group regularly accused of racist attacks, the party entered parliament in the election last month with a vote of 6.9 percent.

Its supporters are hoping for a even better score in a follow-up ballot on Sunday in an ever more uncertain climate for Greece, which is suffering a fifth year of recession and painful budget austerity cuts foisted on it in return for bailout money.

“I think this election is going to be better for us than the last one... Maybe 10 percent,” said Vassilis Bardis, a tattooed 43-year-old security guard.

Behind him a placard reads: “Creditor Sharks, Hands Off Greece!”

Another rallying cry for the party has been immigration, a concern among many Greeks in this time of crisis. “We have nothing against immigrants but we believe we have to secure our country,” Bardis said.

Nearby Panos chants with vigour: “This is our country!” “Foreigners out!”

“(Former French National Front leader Jean-Marie) Le Pen is not as strong as we are. We’re more extreme,” the 30-year-old engineer said with pride.

Around him, there are a few skinheads but also many ordinary local residents and groups of young people who are tempted to vote for a politically extreme party at a time when almost half their generation is unemployed.

“I am not a fan of hooligans but I like this party’s ideas,” said a 17-year-old just old enough to vote, who declined to give his name.

“I don’t believe in barbary against immigrants but we don’t have jobs for all these people. We want Greece to be for the Greeks,” he said.

Stavroula, 22, said she was going round all the parties’ election rallies “to listen to what they have to say”. The nursing student said she could not exclude a vote for the ultra-nationalists despite the violence linked to Golden Dawn.

“There is no hope left for young people. I don’t know whether I will have to go abroad to find a job,” she said.

Asked if she was shocked by the slapping incident on television, she said: “There is always a reason for things to happen. I don’t really care.”

Another muscled lawmaker from the party, Ilias Panagiotaros, said the incident had had the effect of attracting voters instead of driving them away.

“He defended himself, he was attacked by this lady. A majority of Greek people blessed him for doing this. This has a ‘red bull’ effect on our party.”

When a journalist mentions the word “neo-Nazi” a thuggish-looking man with a shaved head behind him bristles threateningly and shouts: “We are not Nazis! Who is the idiot who said that? We’re nationalists!”

As the election rally draws to a close, the crowd intones the national anthem and hardcore supporters in the front row perform the Nazi salute.

Eva, a 22-year-old psychology student with an angelic face, makes no secret of her allegiance as she walks away: “They are totally right on everything.”

http://english.alarabiya.net/article...16/221014.html

VNN Media

Tags
#1, golden dawn, greece

Thread