Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 10th, 2012 #1
Bev
drinking tea

Default The woman who discovered Bin Laden's lair revealed.....and it's a tv character

Quote:
Former Navy SEAL wrote tell-all about the Osama bin Laden raid
Talks about 'feisty' female CIA agent who spent 5 years tracking bin Laden
Similarities exist between that woman, who he only refers to as 'Jen', and the lead character Carrie Mathison in Showtime's CIA drama Homeland
Interview and book detail final moments of bin Laden's life - and how the SEALs shot him dead as his arms were hidden beneath his body

The Navy SEAL who wrote the controversial book detailing the assassination of Osama bin Laden credits a 'feisty' female CIA analyst for leading them to their target, after spending five years hunting him.

Author Matt Bissonnette – whose identity was revealed even though he wrote the tell-all book under the pen name of Mark Owen – only refers to the woman using the pseudonym ‘Jen’ in his book.

The similarities between her backstory and that of the lead character in the hit television series Homeland are obvious.

During an interview with CBS' 60 Minutes, the former SEAL spoke publicly for the first time about his book No Easy Day and described the role that 'Jen' played in the bin Laden raid.

Inspiration: A number of similarities between the woman described in the Navy SEAL's book and the fictional character of Carrie Mathison played by Claire Danes in Homeland have some wondering if they are one in the same

'I can't give her enough credit,' he said during the interview. 'I mean, she, in my opinion, she kind of teed up this whole thing.'

In his book, Bissonnette writes that he sat next to the woman during one of the long-haul flights as they headed to Pakistan for the mission, and his brief description paints a picture of a young and extremely dedicated analyst.

'Recruited by the agency out of college, she'd been working on the Bin Laden task force for the last five years. Analysts rotated in and out of the task force, but she stayed and kept after it.

'After the al-Kuwaiti phone call, she'd worked to put all the pieces together... she had been our go-to analyst on all intelligence questions regarding the target,' he writes.

The biggest question facing the SEAL team as they headed into the mission was whether or not the intelligence gathered that pinpointed bin Laden to his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan was correct.

For much of the mission, they referred to the target as 'The Pacer' because the only time he was ever seen outside was when he went on brief strolls in the compound’s garden.

During their exchange, she told him that she was 'one hundred per cent' certain that bin Laden was The Pacer, which made him worried that she was overconfident.

During the raid itself, those fears were proved unfounded as he told CBS' Scott Pelley that every fact she had given the team from her research was correct.

He went on to describe the moment when the team left the compound having killed the al Qaeda leader and brought his body back to the hangar where the military officials and the female analyst were waiting to see for themselves that the mission had been completed.

The Pacer: The SEAL team referred to bin Laden (pictured) as 'The Pacer' because the only time he was ever seen outside was when he went on brief strolls in the Abbottabad compound's garden

'So we're all in the hangar, immediately, we saw her. And, you know, she started crying. And it was a pretty significant event in her life, I'm sure,' Bissonnette told CBS.

Even though the fact that the CIA is dominated by men is well-documented, it may be too quick to assume that the same ‘wicked smart, kind of feisty’ agent that Bissonnette wrote about was the basis for the lead character in the Golden Globe-winning series Homeland.

However, actress Claire Danes hinted at a connection during an interview about the research she did to prepare for her role as Carrie Mathison.

'There’s a woman Carrie is loosely modeled on and she’s a CIA officer and so I met with her and she took me to Langley and introduced me to some of her colleagues,' Danes told The Wall Street Journal.

'I met in the hallway the man who was the head of the Pakistani division and had just returned to the U.S. (after the killing of Osama bin Laden) and it was like "Wow, this really exists".'

In the show, Carrie’s character was recruited to the CIA directly out of college and is supposedly 32-years-old when the show began to air. In real life, Danes was the same age at the start of the show.

According to Bissonnette’s timeline, 'Jen' would be about 27-years-old at the time of the raid last year, so both the fictional character and her potential CIA equivalent are around the same age.

Aside from the logistical similarities, it is the nature of both Jen and Carrie that have spectators predicting that they are based off the same woman.

The Homeland protagonist is described as being stubborn, headstrong, and outspoken. The same appears true for 'Miss 100 Percent'.

'Jen wasn't afraid to share her opinion with even the highest officers,' Bissonnette wrote in the book. 'This was her baby. Jen and her team spent give years tracking him to get us where we were now.'

'With each second, the helicopter slipped closer toward the earth'

In his book and CBS interview detailing the mission to bin Laden's Abbottabad compound, Bissonnette describes the helicopter journey to the hideout - and how it took a frightening turn.

'I think most of the guys on the helicopter actually caught some much-needed sleep on the ride in,' he writes of the journey. 'All the hype was gone and it was just another night at work for us.'

But they were soon jolted awake - as their helicopter began to plummet uncontrollably to the ground.

'Suddenly, the helicopter kicked to the right 90 degrees and I could feel my stomach drop like riding a roller-coaster,' he wrote. 'The rotors above me screamed as the Black Hawk tried to claw its way back into the air. With each second, the helicopter slipped closer toward the earth.'

The helicopter crash-landed in the compound but the tail rotor hung over the wall outside - as an image below shows.

'The angle happened to be perfect,' Bissonnette told CBS. 'It all came down to inches. We stopped. The main rotor blades are still turning. I don't think you could recreate that if you tried.

'Lucky, but huge props to these pilots. I mean, everybody wants to meet the guy who shot Bin Laden. I want to meet the pilot. I mean, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for him.'

No one on the helicopter was hurt and they began their mission, along with SEALs who had landed on a second helicopter.

'A round started coming through the door at us'

Bissonnette recounted to CBS how he jumped from the helicopter and, with another SEAL, ran to a doorway that was locked. By this point, they had already made significant noise and the element of surprise was slipping away - so they had to move fast.

When a sledgehammer failed to budge the metal door, they began setting up explosives.

'Right as I was attaching it, a round started coming through the door at us,' he remembered. 'Immediately, my buddy who was standing up started returning fire. I kind of rolled away from the door, blindly returned fire back through.

'And then it went quiet... Started hearing the metal latch on the inside of the door... Door opens up, a female holding a kid, couple kids right behind her.'

They pushed past and continued inside, securing each of the floors - without an ounce of panic.

'This is what we do,' he said. 'We're really good at it. And so it's quiet and calm, like we've done it a million times before.'

'We shot him as his arms were hidden'

Speaking on CBS, Bissonnette revealed that the SEALs then went on to shoot bin Laden instead of capturing him as his arms were hidden and he may have been holding weapons.

He said one SEAL fired after seeing a man's head poking into a hallway.

'If a guy sticks his head around the corner he very easily could have a gun,' he explained. 'You don't wait to get that AK or the grenade thrown down the hall or the suicide vest.'

Bissonnette and another SEAL shot bin Laden 'a handful of times' again after finding him on his bedroom floor with a bullet in his skull but still moving.

'In his death throes, he was still twitching and convulsing,' he wrote in the book. 'Another assaulter and I trained our lasers on his chest and fired several rounds. The bullets tore into him, slamming his body into the floor until he was motionless.'

In a detail not included in his book, he explained to CBS: 'We couldn't see his hands. So, he could've had something. Could've had a hand grenade or something underneath his chest.'

'I had to clean off the blood so I could shoot his photo'

The man had been shot dead - yet the SEALs needed to be certain they had their target.

Bissonnette told CBS he was not immediately sure they had the right man: 'In my mind, he looked way younger than I thought he was going to be.'

But noting the body's height - bin Laden was 6ft 4 - and his distinctive nose, Bissonnette said he became increasingly certain.

He was tasked with photographing the body so it could be positively identified. Another SEAL took saliva and blood samples in case the helicopter was shot down as they left, taking the body with it.

'It was strange to see such an infamous face up close,' he wrote in the book. 'Lying in front of me was the reason we had been fighting for the last decade.

'It was surreal trying to clean blood off the most wanted man in the world so that I could shoot his photo. I had to focus on the mission, right now we needed some good quality photos.'

Another SEAL, who spoke Arabic, quizzed a young girl to confirm the identity and she repeatedly confirmed the body belonged to the man they had been after.

Another SEAL used a satellite phone to call Adm. William McRaven, the Navy officer overseeing the mission.

'For God and country, I pass Geronimo,' he said, code for telling McRaven they had killed bin Laden. 'Geronimo E.K.I.A.' - which stands for Enemy Killed In Action.

Speaking with CBS, Bissonnette added that when he was inside the compound, it was clear the 9/11 mastermind had extreme organisation skills.

He added that his clothes were tightly folded in his dresser and possessions in his closet were evenly spaced, as if he were at a Marine Corps bootcamp.

'Somebody there had to have had OCD,' he said.

'Wow, we might have actually pulled this off'

Before they left, the SEALs grabbed computers, disks, flash drives and videotapes, shoving them into large garbage bags, Bissonnette told CBS.

They also had to blow up the crashed helicopter, aware it was loaded with secret designs.

Carrying the body in a body bag, they ran towards two further helicopters that had been standing by.

'We got to get out of here,' he thought, as the Black Hawk stopped for re-fueling before heading out of Pakistan. Then they received news over the radio that they had made it out.

'[We let out a] big sigh of relief and, "Wow, we might have actually pulled this off. This is crazy",' he told CBS.

After landing, 'everybody kind of hugged and high-fived and took a couple photos. And, you know, it was our five minutes, "Hey, cool, we pulled this off. Good job." And then it was back to work.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200894/Is-female-CIA-agent-tracked-bin-Laden-basis-character-Homeland.html

Oh, what? So his main woman is modelled from a TV character? How gullible do they think we are?

Meanwhile, the Pentagon has said the book is bullshit - perhaps the first truth they've told about the whole Bin Laden caper.

Quote:
The head of U.S. special operations has concluded that the claims made by former Navy SEAL Matt Bissonnette about Osama bin Laden's last moments are incorrect and do not convey an accurate assessment of the al-Qaeda chiefs killing.

Admiral William McRaven took the personal step of contacting members of the Navy SEAL Team Six that stormed the Abbottabad, Pakistan compound of bin Laden, to rebut claims made by Bissonnette that contradicted the official account of the May 2011 raid.

In his book on the raid, 'No Easy Day', Bissonnette said that bin Laden was on the floor having already been shot when he and other SEALs entered his room, having been fired upon by another SEAL when he craned his head into the hall as the team approached.

Bissonnette's book claims that when he entered the room bin Laden's body was already lying at the foot of the bed, twitching and convulsing and that the SEALs, including Bissonnette shot him in the chest until he was motionless.

Because this version of events differs from the account that the White House and other U.S. officials have given, Adm. McRaven, the head of U.S. Special Operations Command personally went back to the head of Team Six to examine the contradicting claims.

Following this, senior Pentagon officials told CNN that the conclusions they reached were that Bissonnette was wrong in his version of events.

They re-confirmed that the al-Qaeda leader was standing in his room when the SEALs entered and they shot him then, as he was able to access weapons that were already in the room.

Despite the fact that bin Laden was unarmed, the SEALS had come under heavy fire as they made their way through the house to reach him and bin Laden showed no signs of surrendering.

Even though the Pentagon's and Bissonnette's versions diverge at the point of encountering bin Laden, the officials who spoke with CNN said it was possible that the former SEAL simply never saw bin Laden standing because he was a few seconds behind the lead team members.

It still has not been made clear if the initial shots fired by the leading SEAL member hit bin Laden when he looked out of his room. The officials told CNN that they believe the shots missed.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200137/No-Easy-Day-Osama-book-ex-SEAL-NOT-accurate-says-Pentagon.html

Weapons in the room? I thought they claimed he didn't have so much as a peashooter in the whole compound?

Old February 6th, 2021 #2
Dawn Cannon

Default "Our future is indeed in peril as long as zio-tool psychopaths and war criminals like McRaven continue sucking oxygen"

Jeesh, they just can't get the story straight, can they.

I wonder what happened to Team Six? (lol)

The above post is from 2012 - I'm just researching what a fucking scumbag this mc raven bloke is. Scary thing is, as a ZOG elite he is only halfway through his evil, warmongering life-span. Or longer, what with transhumanism finally able to come fully out of the closet, now that ZOG rules the entire planet by way of The Coronaids Plandemic Virus Crisis.

Last edited by Dawn Cannon; February 6th, 2021 at 05:46 AM.

Old February 15th, 2021 #3
Ray Allan

Willie McRaven and Robert O'Neill, the SEAL hit man who allegedly killed Bin Laden are total sacks of shit ZOGbots. But they went along with Washington's script and are still sucking our limited supply of oxygen. The other members of SEAL Team 6 had to be eliminated in that helicopter crash in Afghanistan to silence them being the entire Osama bin Laden story was a screenplay straight from that Homoland television series, which I never watched, fortunately. My memory might be faulty, but weren't some SBS members who took part in some other black op taken out a few years back to keep them from talking, too?

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old February 15th, 2021 #4
Lutador Branco

I remember it as if it were today: I was in the living room, at night, watching the movie "The Rock", on TV, when the film's screening was interrupted, for Obama's speech informing bin Laden's execution.

The media in Brazil, America and the whole world is the same leftist globalist media.

Thread