VNN Broadcasts

Old November 9th, 2008 #1
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Default The 'Fight Club' Rules of Persuasion Mastery

http://www.mindpowernews.com/FightClub.htm

The 'Fight Club' Rules of Persuasion Mastery

Source: PersuasionArtist.com

Mastering Persuasion does take a certain attitude, a willingness to practice, and a desire to evolve your personality.

After watching the film Fight Club the other day I saw a little bit of this attitude reflecting in Brad Pitt’s character Tyler Durden.

Some of Tyler’s blunt philosophies about living your life to the fullest I can also see as good philosophies about mastering persuasion.

If Tyler was a persuasion artist, here are some of the things I can imagine him saying about mastering persuasion and covert hypnosis.

I call it Tyler Durden’s 5 Rules of Persuasion Mastery.

Tyler’s First Rule of Persuasion Mastery:

“No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.” -Tyler Durden

Practice your new persuasion skills without fear. Fear that you will fail at getting your outcome, or insecurities about getting caught trying to hypnotize someone will only hold you back. Do not be afraid of sounding weird or strange understand that it is all in your head, or it means you haven’t practiced enough.

The more you practice, the more you will become familiar with the techniques and your insecurities will fade. Practice on your own and study before you go using the persuasion strategies in the real world. You can practice the language patterns, and the tonality on your own, but you will learn the most from going into the world and speaking to real people.

Practicing without fear and distractions also means reading books on persuasion, listening to courses on persuasion, writing out the language patterns, working on your tonality, utilizing what you have practiced speaking to strangers in line at star bucks, on the street, at work, at bars, friends family etc.

When you are learning something new it is easy to get distracted, but I would encourage you to create an image of yourself being masterfully persuasive and getting it is you want out of life and keep that image in the front of your mind, such that your every interaction with people is filtered through that image of your self. Now, to the point where you make it a priority to practice your persuasion skills on “live ones” today easily.

Now, go out and make time to practice persuasion even f its just ten minutes a day, that is four hours a month of more persuasion artist practice than the people who just read my articles, say that was neat concept and stumble onto the next blog.

Tyler’s Second Rule of Persuasion Mastery:

“No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.” -Tyler Durden

Seriously, it’s that important.

(and if you have seen the film, this redundancy will make more sense)

Tyler’s Third Rule of Persuasion Mastery:

“I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let’s evolve, let the chips fall where they may.” -Tyler Durden

I chose the name persuasion artist for my blog because persuasion is about unique expression. The personality of you and everyone you persuade is unique so the process of persuasion with them is a unique creation manifested with every individual.

Persuasion is an art.

When an artist picks up a brush for the first times its never a masterpiece, mastery is a path trailed by mistakes that caused the learning that led to mastery.

You greatest moments of persuasion art will occur when you say “fuck it let's see what happens!” rather than the tense place of “I need to do this perfectly and I need to persuade this person.”

Artist are not afraid of getting it wrong because they know that they are on a journey that is un-ending.

When I started I would wait until I could do the patterns perfectly and since that never happened I paralyzed my growth. Get out there make mistakes, because words do not teach life experience teaches!!!

Persuasion is an art, and art is never perfect so get out there and express yourself.

Tyler’s Fourth Rule of Persuasion Mastery:

“It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.” -Tyler Durden

When I am with a prospect I am persuading and I know I am losing the person, perhaps when they have some objection that makes them want to leave. That’s when I turn my persuasion into high gear.

Not as a last resort, but because hell I’m losing them any way, why not use this as an opportunity to experiment something I haven’t tried yet.

So I give myself permission to royally screw up trying shit I haven’t tried yet.

I remember one day this guy came in to get information about our products and he openly said he had a friend in the business who was going to give him a better deal, and he just wanted to use me for information.

I could have gotten annoyed at why is this guy wasting my time, or just walked off.

Nah, I reframed in into an opportunity to practice covert hypnosis.

I started throwing out every possible language pattern I could to the point where it was just blatantly ridiculous.!

From embedded commands, cause and effect, to propulsion systems, by the time I got to time distortion he was giving me a weird look, but I didn’t care he was using me for information I was going to use him for hypnosis target practice.

I would even take it to the point of trying to screw up. That’s right try to get caught, in that light playful energy you will learn more about what you are capable of as you stretch your persuasion muscles.

Tyler’s Fifth Rule of Persuasion Mastery:

“Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.” -Tyler Durden

Just reading every book on persuasion and hypnosis, and knowing every term in NLP doesn’t make you a persuasion artist any more than sticking feathers up your butt makes you a chicken.

Just reading my blog casually doesn’t do it either.

Really Smart Stupid People

It seems like every seminar on persuasion, NLP, or hypnosis I go to you always have some guy who thinks he knows more about persuasion than the teacher. During the seminar he is always interrupting the teacher, correcting the teacher, or asking questions that are irrelevant to the topic and are just to show how much they know about NLP.

Eventually the smart teachers will say, ok buddy if you are so smart come up here and display what I just explained.

And of course they choke.

They have all the knowledge in the world of hypnosis, but they cant display one covert hypnosis process to save their life.

“I call these really smart, stupid people” -Tom Vizinni NLP trainer and coach.

Today in the age of the internet there is so much information that it is really easy to get addicted to information, to the point where you get more a rush out of reading about covert hypnosis than actually applying covert hypnosis.

Study and then make a goal to apply what you have studied in the real world.

Bottom line, it’s about taking action!

Thread