VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 30th, 2014 #721
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthaus Hetzenauer View Post
Let me ask you this: what accounts of the JFK assassination aren't, if not outright fictionalized, at least whacked-out theories as to who, exactly, did it? are not waaay the fuck out there? The Mafia put the contract out on him! No, stupid, the KGB did! Um, no, idiot, the Cubans did! Heh! You're all wrong: it was the CIA!
Yes, in this case fiction is actually a better guide than attempts-at-fact because it shows you the mentality of the different players - the mafia, the kennedys, the dallas cops, prosecutors, ruby and his strip club, etc etc. I mean, I have no idea how closely what he writes corresponds to reality but he obviously did a lot of research. So far no Israeli involvement, though. He just gets you into the mindset of the spooks setting up these various busts and executions, gives you an idea how Hoover and the rest were thinking. I am not a JFK assassination buff, and this is the best thing I've read in that direction, after Final Judgment.

Quote:
Read Gerald Posner's Case Closed and you'll be firmly convinced that Oswald was the lone assassin; there was no second gunman on the grassy knoll, and he received no help whatsover from the above-mentioned.
Yeah, but I don't trust Posner or his motives. This is why I'm interested in whether the "insert" FBI memos are real or fictional. I feel kind of dumb for saying, but I honestly don't know. I will google this.

Quote:
Another great read by Posner is Killing the Dream, which lays to rest the theory that the supposed lone assassin in the Marchin' Lootin' Coon case, James Earl Ray, was helped along on his mission with agents of ZOG. (However, MLK's eldest son, whose name I can't recall at the moment, took Ray's "I swear I didn't do it!" denial as fact; and made nice with the latter as he lay dying of cancer in a hospital. Seems as though the good "Doctor's" family prefers to believe that the "conspiracy" was carried out by, not alone by a man looking to cash in on a $50,000 contract offered by a southern lawyer, but by racist honkies employed by the feds.) And one more highly-recommended work by Posner: Mengele: The Complete Story. In this, Posner proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the "Angel of Death" did indeed drown on a beach located in, I believe, Brazil; though jews worldwide, Israelis in particular, were in denial of this fact for the longest; they, of course, hoping against hope to kidnap his Nazi ass as they did Eichmann's, and haul him back to the Bandit State for a kangaroo court trial; the resulting verdict, and sentence of which, would've been a foregone conclusion.
I've never looked into that one at all, or seen any reason to doubt it happened more or less as stated.

It's WTC demolitions and OKC where I know the main story is a deliberate lie. As for JFK, I'm not that solid, but 80% of the way there. I believe Oswald was a patsy, that is.

Old July 30th, 2014 #722
Alex Linder
Administrator

It's like, if I want you to understand what, say, wine is, I read you a treatise on its cultivation and composition. Or I pinch your mouth open and splash in a draught. This book is the latter. You get a very good attempt (verisimilitude) at reproducing the feel of the thing - America in the early sixties - the high-level and behind-the-scenes players.

http://www.nytimes.com/books/01/05/2...20millert.html

Quote:
Ellroy goes on to say: ''Hagiography sanctifies shuck-and-jive politicians and reinvents their expedient gestures as moments of great moral weight. Our continuing narrative line is blurred past truth and hindsight. Only a reckless verisimilitude can set that line straight.''

Old July 30th, 2014 #723
Alex Linder
Administrator

Well, it looks like the FBI inserts are fiction. They're my favorite part.

Old August 4th, 2014 #724
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Over the weekend I read, along with a few short stories by Twain, W.S. Merwin's translation of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (author unknown), which I give a four out of a possible four stars. Very entertaining and it keeps you glued to both book and chair. Highly recommended, this one.

The above is to date the fifth translation of Merwin, himself a published and highly respected poet, I've read: the others being Euripides' Ipfigeneia at Aulis (the spellings of a lot of these ancient names, the Greek especially, will drive you right up Hadrian's friggin' wall); Dante's Purgatorio (the middle third of the great Italian poet's Divine Comedy); and both Beowulf and the Nibelungenlied (these last also by authors unknown, and which I have in a single Modern Library edition that includes the Song of Roland and the Poem of the Cid, whose authors also no one has a clue as to who the hell they were).

I believe tonight I'll read a couple creepy shorts by my man Poe, before starting on D.H. Lawrence's Women in Love within the next day or two. The novel was completed in 1916, but Lawrence was unable to find a publisher with the nads to publish it until some brave, or desperate, souls in the US gave it the green light and finally churned it out in 1920. Seems like the book was thoroughly trashed by a leftover Victorian-era Brit bluenose of a reviewer who deemed it an "analytical study of sexual depravity" and an "epic of vice" (now I know it'll be a good read; no ifs, ands or buts about it). Ol' Lewd Larry himself thought it his best work; that's another good sign.

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; August 4th, 2014 at 02:42 PM.

Old August 4th, 2014 #725
N.B. Forrest

On the JFK Assassination Rorshach Test: I think Oswald was the shooter, but I bet he was put up to it, probably by the Mob & the CIA working together. There is a fascinating vid on JooToob that shows the head of JFK's Secret Service detail stationed in the car just behind the president calling the agent standing on the back of the limo on JFK's side OFF THE CAR just before they turn in front of the School Book Depository: the agent raises his hands in disbelief.

Then the Mob probably had kooky kike thug Ruby shut LHO's mouth forever: he probably knew he was dying of cancer anyway - and even if he didn't, the goombahs could've threatened his family.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old August 6th, 2014 #726
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

NB and Alex both:

If you're able, read Posner's book and I can almost guarantee that you'll be convinced, almost beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Oswald acted alone; with absolutely no help, no prodding, no assistance at all from any one or any of the multitudinous "powers that be"; be it the Mafia, Cubans, CIA, KGB, whatever. Piece by piece the man thoroughly dismantles all conspiracy theories; and only the most stubborn will remain convinced that it was a confederacy of combined forces that carried out the dastardly deed.

You, Alex, question Posner's motives. You NB, seem to think that the many perceived inconsistencies point to an inside job. But consider this: The assasination was a media circus event extrordinaire that will never die; that's a fact. Think about it: Camelot and its heartthrob of a king, while bouncing along with his pill box-wearing queen in the royal carriage on a progress thru their Dallas domain, the victim of a sole lonesome loser equipped with an antiquated Italian bolt-action? a judeocommunist expatriate nobody whom even the Russians tired of after a couple years? Come on, man; there's got to be more to it than that?...right? No. JFK was (still is) a hero, a darling of the leftist jewsmedia, just as the most virulent anticommunists of the 20th century, Richard Nixon and Joe McCarthy, were (still are) its most hated antiheroes. Hence, it had to be a cabal of right-wing wackos who split his skull and splattered his brains all over hell's creation -- anything less would seem anticlimactic; an insult to his demigod memory.

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; August 6th, 2014 at 11:42 AM.

Old August 9th, 2014 #727
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

I put Lawrence's Women in Love on the back burner for now and instead started yesterday on my first book of the year that isn't a classic: Nigel Bagnall's The Peloponnesian War: Athens, Sparta and the Struggle for Greece. How well I like the book remains to be seen, of course, but if nothing else the guy should know wtf he's talking about, as, having enlisted in the British army in 1945, he rose through the ranks to Chief of the General Staff in London, and was a Fellow of Balliol College, Oxford. His one and only previous book is The Punic Wars: Rome, Carthage and the Struggle for the Mediterranean. So at least I know his creds are good; let's hope the book measures up as well. However, no matter how good a military analyst and/or historian Bagnall is, or rather, might've been (he's been looking at the wrong side of the lawn since 2002), I seriously doubt the book's going to be as riveting as Thucydides' own history of the conflict. Now that fucker's a gripper, and a true tour de force if there ever was one; on a par with Gibbon's Decline and Fall and Carlyle's The French Revolution.

Old August 12th, 2014 #728
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraT View Post
"Black Sun Unveiled" focuses in on Himmler, Wewelsburg and the Black Sun symbol and at ~800 pages has an unmatched level of detail.

Don't get me wrong Goodrick-Clarke's book is an excellent resource in many respects, but he completely dropped the ball where Himmler's beliefs and Wewelsburg Castle are concerned. Pontolillo demonstrates that G-C repeated a number of erroneous claims without bothering to either confirm or qualify them in any way. G-C's description of the Wewelsburg North Tower architecture is also mistaken.
I thought as much a superstitious deviant studying chicken bones like a voodoo fakir

Chase them into the swamps

Old August 15th, 2014 #729
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Right now I am reading Gone with the Wind, it is really good.

Old August 15th, 2014 #730
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthaus Hetzenauer View Post
NB and Alex both:

If you're able, read Posner's book and I can almost guarantee that you'll be convinced, almost beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Oswald acted alone; with absolutely no help, no prodding, no assistance at all from any one or any of the multitudinous "powers that be"; be it the Mafia, Cubans, CIA, KGB, whatever. Piece by piece the man thoroughly dismantles all conspiracy theories; and only the most stubborn will remain convinced that it was a confederacy of combined forces that carried out the dastardly deed.

You, Alex, question Posner's motives. You NB, seem to think that the many perceived inconsistencies point to an inside job. But consider this: The assasination was a media circus event extrordinaire that will never die; that's a fact. Think about it: Camelot and its heartthrob of a king, while bouncing along with his pill box-wearing queen in the royal carriage on a progress thru their Dallas domain, the victim of a sole lonesome loser equipped with an antiquated Italian bolt-action? a judeocommunist expatriate nobody whom even the Russians tired of after a couple years? Come on, man; there's got to be more to it than that?...right? No. JFK was (still is) a hero, a darling of the leftist jewsmedia, just as the most virulent anticommunists of the 20th century, Richard Nixon and Joe McCarthy, were (still are) its most hated antiheroes. Hence, it had to be a cabal of right-wing wackos who split his skull and splattered his brains all over hell's creation -- anything less would seem anticlimactic; an insult to his demigod memory.
Oh, I'm definitely not one of those who thinks, why, it just HAD to be someone or some cabal of far greater significance than commie punk Oswald to take down "Camelot" (gahd, do I hate that fawning bullshit....); after all, he'd tried to kill hard-core anti-commie Gen. Edwin Walker just before, and I know that jew Spector's Single Bullet Theory - that one shot pierced Kennedy's neck and Connolly's chest & wrist - is indeed plausible (based on Connolly's turning in his low seat when he heard the shot & Kennedy's reaction). As for the cops' "suspiciously" quick arrest of Oswald at the Texas theater, that was because they called the cops after he went in without buying a ticket, all hopped up on adrenaline after shooting Kennedy & Officer Tippett.

So: hell yes, he did it (even his brother thinks so); the things that are suspicious to me are his possible connections through his uncle to the Louisiana goombahs and thereby to Ruby, and the aforementioned bizarre fact of the Secret Service man being called off the back of the Lincoln.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old September 8th, 2014 #731
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Smoky the Cow Horse

Quote:
Not far away, but still too far for Smoky to see, was little calves, little white-faced fellers a playing and bucking around and letting out wall-eyed bellers at their mammies, running out a ways and then running back, tails up, at a speed that'd make a greyhound blush for shame.

Old September 30th, 2014 #732
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breanna View Post
Smoky the Cow Horse
Man, I've had that on my must-read list forfuckin'ever! Keep us updated; okay, Bre?

Me? I've read a tunnashit over the past month or so, mostly Greek, Roman, and Persian mythology and history; too much to list. Tonight I crack Milton's Samson Agonistes. I don't expect it to be as good as his masterpiece (and my favorite blank verse epic of all) Paradise Lost, but if it's half that it'll be well worth the time.

btw -- Per usual, I see this thread's moving along like chain lightning.

Old September 30th, 2014 #733
Jimmy Marr

I've been all over and around Nietzsche this summer. I'm currently reading Nietzsche Unbound by David Taffel. I got interested in him after reading his introduction to the Ludovici translation of The Will to Power.

I can't judge how accurate his interpretation of Nietzsche's work is, but the his writing is worth reading if only for its own sake.

Thanks for getting me interested in this stuff, Hetz.

Old October 1st, 2014 #734
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
I've been all over and around Nietzsche this summer. I'm currently reading Nietzsche Unbound by David Taffel. I got interested in him after reading his introduction to the Ludovici translation of The Will to Power.

I can't judge how accurate his interpretation of Nietzsche's work is, but the his writing is worth reading if only for its own sake.

Thanks for getting me interested in this stuff, Hetz.
The pleasure's all mine, Jim.

Fritz is a mindblower...is he not?

Old October 17th, 2014 #735
TattooedRebel

I just finished Racism Schacism 2 days ago. Haven't started anything new yet. Probably will tonight though.

Old October 19th, 2014 #736
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil

Finished Helen Rappaport's 'Conspirator' today: a very good and eminently readable biography of Lenin (with an unusually heavy focus on Lenin's private life as well as the escapades of his network of Bolshevik activists). It makes a good accompaniment to Robert Service's one volume popular biography of the man as well.

To be fair to Rappaport: she is a jewess, but she knows how to write as every work of her's that I have perused reads delightfully well.

This week I have the following to finish:

Hyam Maccoby's 'Judaism on Trial' (part way through this)
Georg Lukac's 'Lenin' (re-read)
John Cooper's 'Eat and be Satisfied' (part way through this)
Baroness Orczy's 'I Will Repay' (part way through this)
Baroness Orczy's 'The Elusive Pimpernel'
Susan Tegel's 'Jew Suss'
Allan Levine's 'Scattered among the Peoples'
Knut Hamsun's 'Growth of the Soil' (re-read)
James Petras' 'The Politics of Empire'

---------------------

As an aside: anyone read Hamsun's 'Hunger'?

That's an interesting novel, but it took me a good half of the book to get into it. I had tried before and given up after 20-30 pages, but I decided to plough through come what may this time and was rewarded.

Old October 26th, 2014 #737
dollins

Read numerous books on maine recently after a job offer and finding out it was one of if not the whitest state in the nation. Only to find out most are liberal and this particular town is full of foreigners brought in as refugees!

Old October 28th, 2014 #738
TattooedRebel

Reading. If I can't have you, its about the disappearance of Susan Powell.

Old November 6th, 2014 #739
Jimmy Marr

I've been working with a friend to bring him around to WN.

He mentioned having read The Creature from Jekyll Island, and asked if I'd like to borrow it, which I have.

It's a pretty big book and I'm not highly motivated to read it inasmuch as I don't expect to find any revelations and maybe a lot of obfuscation with regard to jews. Nevertheless, if I want to reach this fellow, I feel a need follow through on the reading.

Does anyone have any advice for me in this undertaking?

Old November 6th, 2014 #740
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
I've been working with a friend to bring him around to WN.

He mentioned having read The Creature from Jekyll Island, and asked if I'd like to borrow it, which I have.

It's a pretty big book and I'm not highly motivated to read it inasmuch as I don't expect to find any revelations and maybe a lot of obfuscation with regard to jews. Nevertheless, if I want to reach this fellow, I feel a need follow through on the reading.

Does anyone have any advice for me in this undertaking?
It's a good book. It has the basics of the founding of the federal reserve. Annoying thing is it's a gigantic book. The key is to tie the feds to the jews and the other stuff they do - if he's predisposed to be anti-fed. complete jew control of economy, baruch heading up war board in WWI, the farther of PR bernays and his various propaganda campaigns. US debt free and sovereign in 1900, contrast with foreign policy and bankruptcy today.

Thread