VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 10th, 2010 #1
Bev
drinking tea

Default "The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: a Child-lover's Code of Conduct"

Quote:
Online retail giant Amazon is under fire for selling a book defending pedophilia in its Kindle Store.

The electronic book, "The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: a Child-lover's Code of Conduct," by Philip R. Greaves II, apparently went on sale on Oct. 28 and costs $4.79 to download.

"This is my attempt to make pedophile situations safer for those juveniles that find themselves involved in them, by establishing certain rules for these adults to follow. I hope to achieve this by appealing to the better nature of pedosexuals, with hope that their doing so will result in less hatred and perhaps liter sentences should they ever be caught," the author says in the product description.

The book has sparked a wave of criticism online, with customers taking to Twitter and elsewhere to ask Amazon to remove the book from their online store and others calling for a total boycott of the company until they do.

On Twitter, scores of users tweeted messages, under the hashtag #amazonfail, asking Amazon to remove the book or calling for an outright boycott of the company.

"This amazon thing is making me ill. I'll choose to not spend my holiday $$ there if they will sell content like that #amazonfail," posted "mommyneedscake."

Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment from ABCNews.com. But according to the website Business Insider, Amazon issued a statement defending the book's place in the online store.

"Amazon believes it is censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable. Amazon does not support or promote hatred or criminal acts, however, we do support the right of every individual to make their own purchasing decisions," the company said.

Amazon Customers Threaten Boycott

Though some may agree with Amazon's free speech position, others online continue to protest the company's decision.

As of Wednesday afternoon, more than 250 customers had left comments on Amazon's site protesting the controversial book.

"As a mother of a child who has been molested, shame on Amazon for allowing such garbage to be sold on it's site. The author of this book is a predator and should never have been allowed to write or promote this trash that is called a book of information. How many children will be assaulted because of this. Amazon-take it off your site," wrote "thirtysomething."
I think I feel a nasty email coming on.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/screen?id=12111987

Thread