Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 7th, 2014 #1
Meg Kafka

Default Classical Music- Can It Be Taught Or Is Innate?

I regret my parents didnt have any appreciation of CM. Never heard any until a class trip to the symphony in junior high. Didnt "get it" at all.

These days I'd love to develop an appreciation for it but I fear its too late. I like some bands that they say have some classical type roots--steely dan, yes, lady antebellum. Not sure if the 'jazz fusion' is any more complicated than radio junk, sad to say.

I play the keyboards but I cant seem to get into classical. Is there a gateway artist that might help? Maybe this stuff is innate, or maybe you have to be exposed to it VERY early.

Old October 7th, 2014 #2
Fico

It can be taught and innate but isn't all for all when we speak about taught and innate should discover.

Old October 7th, 2014 #3
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

You can start at the link below. Deutsche Gramophone has a "mad about" serious with a different CD that focus on the major genres, time periods, instruments, and composers. The CD will present the more catchy easy "to get" works.

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-About-Classics/dp/B000001GKR http://www.amazon.com/Mad-About-Classics/dp/B000001GKR

Go to the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" to see other CDs in this serious.

Old October 8th, 2014 #4
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Depending on what level you are talking about, classical music can be taught and be innate?

For example, the creation of classical music is innate, that is why the White have produced 99% of classical music. On the other hand, it can be taught to sub-Humans like the jew and the chink who been able to copy and imitate it in performances.

Old October 8th, 2014 #5
Meg Kafka

Thanks i'll start here.

I do know i dont like the heavy intense gothic sounding rachmaninov stuff. PRefer some lighter motzart. Need a soothing music source and cannot stand anything out there today including country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
You can start at the link below. Deutsche Gramophone has a "mad about" serious with a different CD that focus on the major genres, time periods, instruments, and composers. The CD will present the more catchy easy "to get" works.

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-About-Classics/dp/B000001GKR

Go to the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" to see other CDs in this serious.

Thread