Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 23rd, 2014 #1
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Default Has anyone seen 300: Rise of an Empire?

If so, is it as good as one could possibly hope? as good as its CGI-laden "This -- is -- SPARTA!" predecessor?

also...

I'm thinking of taking a rare trip to a movie threatre this weekend to catch the premiere of Hercules (flicks that deal with ancient Greeks and Romans, such as Gladiator and Troy, are my favorites). Then again, this particular umpteenth telling of the Hercules legend is rated PG-13, instead of R, which means it's probably going to semi-suck, if not outright suck, so...

Old July 23rd, 2014 #2
Chad Wentworth

I did, it's more cartoonish than the first. Kung fu sex, powerful womyn. Eva Green's tits are awesome.

Old July 23rd, 2014 #3
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Wentworth View Post
I did, it's more cartoonish than the first. Eva Green's tits are awesome.
"Cartoonish" or not (and I wish, Chad, you'd explain what you mean by the term), the first was a truly awesome movie. When the battlefield action was cut to slo-mo right as a Spartan leapt into mid-air, and then resumed normal speed just as he thrust his spear or sword into his opponent's body, that was, visually-speaking, cutting edge shit. Plus the fact that the historical accuracy of it is pretty much dead on makes it, to me anyway, a very entertaining flick.

btw -- I hope to hell that that faggot Xerxes doesn't try to put the moves on Leonidas again, as he did in the first when put he put his hands on his shoulders -- does he? I thought he was going to bend the Spartan king over and Whammo!, attempt to drill him right up the ass.

Old July 23rd, 2014 #4
Chad Wentworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthaus Hetzenauer View Post
"Cartoonish" or not (and I wish, Chad, you'd explain what you mean by the term), the first was a truly awesome movie. When the battlefield action was cut to slo-mo right as a Spartan leapt into mid-air, and then resumed normal speed just as he thrust his spear or sword into his opponent's body, that was, visually-speaking, cutting edge shit. Plus the fact that the historical accuracy of it is pretty much dead on makes it, to me anyway, a very entertaining flick.

btw -- I hope to hell that that faggot Xerxes doesn't try to put the moves on Leonidas again, as he did in the first when put he put his hands on his shoulders -- does he? I thought he was going to bend the Spartan king over and Whammo!, attempt to drill him right up the ass.
The first was awesome, but this one kinda gets down with the agenda a bit too much concerning women, the cartoonish effect. In it you'll get to see a woman doing what the Spartan did in the first movie, not to mention awarding the decisive role in the battle's outcome to some other woman who had no association with it.

I like fiction too, but bending it like that is just lame. The movie ain't bad, just the agenda is a lot more pronounced than in the first flick.

Quote:
The near complete absence of Greek women in ancient history (as opposed to Greek mythology and drama) is a function of the fact that ancient historians were predominantly Athenian males from the classical or Hellenistic periods. (no prob. nowadays, we get fiction to do away with this injustice) Athenians of these periods did not think women should be seen – much less heard – in public. Women had no public role and so no business in politics or history. As Pericles said in one of his most famous speeches, "The greatest glory of a woman is to be least talked about, whether they are praising you or criticizing you." (Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War, 2:46.) Gorgo was, by that standard, a hopeless piece of scandal.
http://www.sparta-leonidas-gorgo.com/gorgo.html

Last edited by Chad Wentworth; July 23rd, 2014 at 02:15 PM.

Old July 23rd, 2014 #5
Chad Wentworth

Quote:
Eva Green's tits are awesome.
Kike actress, had no idea. I thought there was something fishy, saw her as particularly obnoxious in Kingdom of Heaven.

Old July 23rd, 2014 #6
Olaf Menes

Anyone with half a brain would not waste their money on such garbage.....find other ways to entertain yourself besides slobbering over some hollywhore's tits.

Old July 24th, 2014 #7
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

^ Hey, pipe down in the peanut gallery, okay? If you've got a hankering to heckle, just go somewheres else. Chad and I are merely exchanging views on one of the too few flicks these days that just may happen to instill a sense of long-lost pride into the hearts of those who have watched their "DWM" progenitors shit and trampled upon for decades on end by the jews of Hollywood. The movies portray ancient Whites in a positive, rather than negative, light; something all too rare nowadays.

and Chad: Funny you should bring up Kingdom of Heaven. Yeah, the plot centers on the Xtian attempt to forcibly remove the native Arab population from Jerusalem and its environs during the First Crusade, but I was surprised at, along with historical accuracy, the impartiality and overall fair treatment Salah ad-Din and his band of muslims received at the hands of the flick's producers. Then again, it was produced and directed by Ridley Scott, so I'm not sure just how much say-so the Hymiewood jew had in its version of events; how far he managed to shove his claw into its production and twist the truth around to suit his purposes.

Old July 24th, 2014 #8
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
I did, it's more cartoonish than the first. Kung fu sex, powerful womyn.
Hey, I don't mind if a woman puts her two cents in every now and again -- that is, as long as she's agreeing with her ol' man, rather than hounding and henpecking the poor bastard to death.

I especially like that line of Gorgo's when that smirking, all-too-sure-of-himself messenger of Xerxes got pissed at her for daring to open her yap; something like "What gives this woman the right to speak?", he blurts out. And Gorgo's response? "Because only Spartan women give birth to real men!"

That's telling 'im, honey...

Old July 25th, 2014 #9
Crowe

Quote:
I'm thinking of taking a rare trip to a movie threatre this weekend to catch the premiere of Hercules
Why would you go see a movie where that nigger (mulatto) Dwayne Johnson plays Hercules? Its just more jewish snipes at White culture. The last thing any of us should do is fund that garbage.

Old July 25th, 2014 #10
Chad Wentworth

Quote:
^ Hey, pipe down in the peanut gallery, okay? If you've got a hankering to heckle, just go somewheres else. Chad and I are merely exchanging views on one of the too few flicks these days that just may happen to instill a sense of long-lost pride into the hearts of those who have watched their "DWM" progenitors shit and trampled upon for decades on end by the jews of Hollywood. The movies portray ancient Whites in a positive, rather than negative, light; something all too rare nowadays.

and Chad: Funny you should bring up Kingdom of Heaven. Yeah, the plot centers on the Xtian attempt to forcibly remove the native Arab population from Jerusalem and its environs during the First Crusade, but I was surprised at, along with historical accuracy, the impartiality and overall fair treatment Salah ad-Din and his band of muslims received at the hands of the flick's producers. Then again, it was produced and directed by Ridley Scott, so I'm not sure just how much say-so the Hymiewood jew had in its version of events; how far he managed to shove his claw into its production and twist the truth around to suit his purposes.
Yeah, that can be construed as a pro-Palestinian statement, considering Scott's general leftist worldview. It struck me that he made his characters have or expound very modern views and mentalities. This in another context (if he'd make a movie about the Muslim conquest or occupation of Spain) would come off as anti-white more obviously. Hollywood people know very well who makes the rules, what's allowed and what's not, so whenever they need to step out of that conditioning, they fall for the general leftist narrative not to come off as "fascists", or "nazis".

Old July 25th, 2014 #11
Chad Wentworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Menes View Post
Anyone with half a brain would not waste their money on such garbage.....find other ways to entertain yourself besides slobbering over some hollywhore's tits.
Who says one is "entertained" by watching a movie like that? What you're saying comes off as religious, but if you live in the world, you need to examine it, document it, understand it (the prerequisites for changing it) you need to live in the time you exist in.

Old July 30th, 2014 #12
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Yeah, that can be construed as a pro-Palestinian statement, considering Scott's general leftist worldview. It struck me that he made his characters have or expound very modern views and mentalities. This in another context (if he'd make a movie about the Muslim conquest or occupation of Spain) would come off as anti-white more obviously. Hollywood people know very well who makes the rules, what's allowed and what's not, so whenever they need to step out of that conditioning, they fall for the general leftist narrative not to come off as "fascists", or "nazis".
Scott said he intended to surpass 2000's Academy Award-winning best picture, Gladiator (which he also produced and directed, btw) with 2005's Kingdom of Heaven; and I for one believe he did just that. Sure, the gladitorial scenes of combat in the Coliseum were top-notch, but latter flick's much more historically accurate; and the scenes of carnage, especially the very last one in which the Arabs had finally breached the walls of Jerusalem after a particularly hard-fought battle, one carried out primarily with catapults and seige engines, were nothing short of spectacular. It's just a shame Kingdom never received due credit by those who nominate and choose just what movies get what awards come Oscar time. Then again, seeing as how the movie did in fact portray the jews', for the moment anyway, #1 targeted enemy, Arabs and muslims, in a favorable light, plus the fact that Hymiewood is after all Hymiewood...well, need I say more?

Old July 30th, 2014 #13
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Why would you go see a movie where that nigger (mulatto) Dwayne Johnson plays Hercules? Its just more jewish snipes at White culture. The last thing any of us should do is fund that garbage.
I didn't know that the lead role was given to a mulatto (quadroon, octoroon...macaroon, nectarine, whatever). Now that I do, I guess it's back to watching Gladiator -- for the umpteenth fuckin' time!

Thread