VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 18th, 2012 #21
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
This is at least the second time you've asserted this particular absurdity.

When money is deposited, it goes back out into the economy, with a multiplier effect due to reinvestment. If your beloved government weren't taking a huge cut and transferring it to humanoids of the MD 20/20 class--here and abroad--the effect would be even greater.
Yes, I suppose that is why the poor often have to obtain loans at 25% interest (if they can find something to pawn) just to buy groceries or pay their power bill) while the wealthy can afford to pay cash for everything and avoid those "low, low finance rates" on their Mercedes and BMW's.

Old September 18th, 2012 #22
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
Yes, I suppose that is why the poor often have to obtain loans at 25% interest (if they can find something to pawn) just to buy groceries or pay their power bill). . .
Why do your imaginary besodden have so many goods to pawn and money to buy them back, repeatedly?

Faked any more tombstones, lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakins
. . .while the wealthy can afford to pay cash for everything and avoid those "low, low finance rates" on their Mercedes and BMW's.
The notion that most BMWs and Mercedes are sold on a cash basis is absurd in the extreme. You might know that if you weren't a low-life or just a non-fool.

Old September 18th, 2012 #23
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Why do your imaginary besodden have so many goods to pawn and money to buy them back, repeatedly?

Old February 17th, 2013 #24
Randal Goode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
I was impressed with this quote. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs come to mind as far as college dropouts.
Try approaching either one of these guy's companies without a college degree and see how far you get. Moreover, try approaching without a magna cum laude or summa cum laude degree from one of the top ten very best colleges or universities.

Old February 17th, 2013 #25
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Goode View Post
Try approaching either one of these guy's companies without a college degree and see how far you get. Moreover, try approaching without a magna cum laude or summa cum laude degree from one of the top ten very best colleges or universities.
You missed the point completely.

Old February 24th, 2013 #26
Crowe

I noticed that a lot of rich people think they get what they earn through hard work. But frequently take vacations for several months out of the year, and decide to go golfing during regular work hours. If you sit behind a desk for most of the day flirting with the hot new secretary you just hired, and go eat at Tony Roma's for lunch. That isn't hard work. Being rich is one thing, but don't fucking tell me you work hard if you do the above.

Its that attitude that makes them feel entitled to a lions share of the company earnings, when they pay the ones who actually work hard like shit. And this is also why CEOs are making 1000x or more than the average employee. Back in the 50s and 60s it was closer to 50-100x, and you used to be able to actually pay rent with just a week and a half of minimum wage pay.

The guy that works hard is the one slaving over an arc welder for 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Just so he makes enough to pay rent and put food on the table.

A former supervisor I used to work for made no bones about his job being easy. His exact words were I get paid to sit on my ass all day, and my only responsibility is making sure the operation runs smoothly. That is the correct attitude to have not the "I'm entitled because I'm in a position of power". One is a perfectly reasonable attitude and the other is acting like a Jew.

Jews love Capitalism because it allows them to suck as much as they can possibly suck from the company, while paying the ones who work the bare minimum they can get away with. And rely on people to undercut their labor value out of desperation. And this people is what we have in the USA.

Last edited by Crowe; February 24th, 2013 at 04:20 AM.

Old October 18th, 2013 #27
Alex Linder
Administrator

Funny...this thread is like an X-ray of the WN demographic. Most of us are working class who think anyone not doing physical labor isn't really working. That's sad but telling.

The manager is the guy who worries about work 24 hours a day. The employee is the guy who doesn't give it a second thought once he's off the clock.

The reason you're not a manager is you don't have the brains or want the responsibility. Your ego can't accept this, so you posit the manager is there by luck. That's usually not the case.

Old October 21st, 2013 #28
Crowe

A manager is only as good as the employees working under him. Employees make the manager, not the other way around. With a great crew of people working, a manager's job is quite easy. A manager babysitting over a crew of niggers and spics? Quite a difficult job indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Funny...this thread is like an X-ray of the WN demographic. Most of us are working class who think anyone not doing physical labor isn't really working. That's sad but telling.
There are lots of non-physical labor positions that can be quite stressful indeed. And those people deserve what they make. I couldn't imagine what its like being a White teacher in a school full of baboons. Or an ER physician. Or a White engineer who has to work with the company's latest affirmative action prospect.

Quote:
The manager is the guy who worries about work 24 hours a day. The employee is the guy who doesn't give it a second thought once he's off the clock.
Not true at all. The employee has to worry about whether he is gonna keep his job or not when work starts getting slow, and goes in and busts his ass extra hard to make sure its someone else who gets laid off instead of them.

Quote:
The reason you're not a manager is you don't have the brains or want the responsibility. Your ego can't accept this, so you posit the manager is there by luck. That's usually not the case.
I work for myself, so I personally deal with a lot of responsibilities a manager might have to deal with. Same as with a manager, everything falls on my shoulders, and there is nobody below me to roll shit downhill at.

Last edited by Crowe; October 21st, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Old October 21st, 2013 #29
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
I work for myself, so I personally deal with a lot of responsibilities a manager might have to deal with. Same as with a manager, everything falls on my shoulders, and there is nobody below me to roll shit downhill at.
I haven't had a "real job" since '05 when I got laid-off and I haven't looked back.
Not only do I work fewer hours I make twice as much money as I ever did and most importantly I keep most of it (form 1040W...wazzat?).
About half my "income" comes from doing work for people and the other half comes when I 'hit a good lick'.

Old October 21st, 2013 #30
Dave from New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
I haven't had a "real job" since '05 when I got laid-off and I haven't looked back.
Not only do I work fewer hours I make twice as much money as I ever did and most importantly I keep most of it (form 1040W...wazzat?).
About half my "income" comes from doing work for people and the other half comes when I 'hit a good lick'.
Mike, you have me thinking you're Neal Schon now.

Seriously though, good for you on finding a way out of the rat race. I'd be interested in hearing any tips you have on how others can achieve this.

Old October 21st, 2013 #31
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from New York View Post
Mike, you have me thinking you're Neal Schon now.

Seriously though, good for you on finding a way out of the rat race. I'd be interested in hearing any tips you have on how others can achieve this.
Here's a thread I started a couple of years ago you might find useful.
http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=130589

also contains epic trolling by N.M. Valdez.

Old October 22nd, 2013 #32
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
A manager is only as good as the employees working under him. Employees make the manager, not the other way around. With a great crew of people working, a manager's job is quite easy. A manager babysitting over a crew of niggers and spics? Quite a difficult job indeed.
Everything you write boils down to your belief that companies exist simultaneously to squeeze every penny of profit, yet they inexplicably pay managers for nothing. You also believe the White little man possesses some special nobility. He doesn't. He is, of course, very valuable and important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe
There are lots of non-physical labor positions that can be quite stressful indeed. And those people deserve what they make. I couldn't imagine what its like being a White teacher in a school full of baboons. Or an ER physician. Or a White engineer who has to work with the company's latest affirmative action prospect.
Those same occupations have their hell in White Lily-land, too. The corporate division of labor was developed in a (practically) all-White environment. There was and is a reason.

Quote:
Not true at all. The employee has to worry about whether he is gonna keep his job or not when work starts getting slow, and goes in and busts his ass extra hard to make sure its someone else who gets laid off instead of them.
You get the Most Obtuse award. I don't doubt you're a hard and good worker. But the managers are thinking about this stuff before you first perceive it. You also, clearly, have no idea of the little day-to-day stuff that has to be dealt with by the guys in their 'easy job' that makes it seem like your level is doing all the work. To keep their own jobs, they have to see you succeed in yours.

Quote:
Again, you don't get it. And given what you wrote in the prior paragraph, I think it's because you don't want to get it. You have overestimated your own importance, and you have a permagrudge against anyone who has ever been in a superior position in your workplaces.

If your illogic had any merit, the pre-desegregation NFL teams (think 40s & 50s) would have had no team owners, no team staff, no coaches and no coaching staff. They'd only have gotten in the way of the 'hard working White players' who were 'doing it all, anyway'.

That's crazy.

But Lord knows, working for yourself is great, if you have the disposition, hustle, skills and market. Congratulations.

Old October 22nd, 2013 #33
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Crowe,

Do you have or have you had employees of your own?

Old October 22nd, 2013 #34
Crowe

Quote:
Everything you write boils down to your belief that companies exist simultaneously to squeeze every penny of profit, yet they inexplicably pay managers for nothing. You also believe the White little man possesses some special nobility. He doesn't. He is, of course, very valuable and important.
Companies do exist to squeeze every last bit of profit they can. Its called Capitalism and also getting the shareholders as much as money as they can get. Shareholders only apply to large corporations though.

You're good at twisting ideas around, and some of what you're suggesting is not what I meant or intended to insinuate at all. I wasn't suggesting they pay managers for nothing. They're paid to make sure operations run smoothly, and I gave some examples showing how their job could either be quite easy, or quite difficult.

Quote:
You get the Most Obtuse award. I don't doubt you're a hard and good worker. But the managers are thinking about this stuff before you first perceive it. You also, clearly, have no idea of the little day-to-day stuff that has to be dealt with by the guys in their 'easy job' that makes it seem like your level is doing all the work. To keep their own jobs, they have to see you succeed in yours.
I've never been a "manager", but I've been in a lead position. Lead as in the sense that I was higher up in the food chain than the rest of the guys on the floor, but lower than a supervisor. I frequently had interactions with people in upper management, because it was part of my job to communicate with them directly.

The supervisor is mostly responsible in an industrial setting for making sure which job orders need to be done that day, and do we have the materials to complete those orders, and etc. Tons and tons of paperwork. Not a difficult job. If you know how everything is supposed to function *. Mistakes on the supervisor level can be a whole lot more costly than a simple screw up by the guy on the floor.

*Knowing how everything is supposed to function comes from experience.

Quote:
Again, you don't get it. And given what you wrote in the prior paragraph, I think it's because you don't want to get it.
What is there not to get? Its a manager's job to make sure the business runs smoothly. Their job gets challenging when things don't run smoothly. But that is why they're in those positions.

Quote:
You have overestimated your own importance, and you have a permagrudge against anyone who has ever been in a superior position in your workplaces.
I don't hold grudges like that. If you're a good manager, and are respectful and fair to your employees, then I'll respect your position.

Quote:
If your illogic had any merit, the pre-desegregation NFL teams (think 40s & 50s) would have had no team owners, no team staff, no coaches and no coaching staff. They'd only have gotten in the way of the 'hard working White players' who were 'doing it all, anyway'.
You seem to have a habit of going off on a tangent.

Quote:
But Lord knows, working for yourself is great, if you have the disposition, hustle, skills and market. Congratulations.
Its liberating not being tied into the same daily schedule. Every day feels more like a new day instead of waking up at the exact same time, doing the same repetitive tasks on a daily basis, and looking at the same group of assholes every day at work.

Quote:
Crowe,

Do you have or have you had employees of your own?
I've been in a lead position before in the workplace, and I've also hired some friends of mine to help me get some work done. This was an actual job I was doing, so they weren't hired to do work for me directly. I had underbid a job (Tough lesson), and realized there was no way I could get it done in that time frame unless I had some help.

Last edited by Crowe; October 22nd, 2013 at 07:42 PM.

Thread