Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 23rd, 2014 #1
keifer

Default Graphics and Photo Resource File

This thread is for posting images and photos that could be useful for future projects. Anything and everything associated with the ProWhite self determining agenda. This is a visual resource file. Examples: Flash mobs, rape victims, enemies, etc. It would be helpful to provide info on the photo posted. A photo of a riot, which riot where and when, and of course the highest resolution possible.

Old April 29th, 2014 #2
Wednesday Owens
Banned

What is needed on this forum is a way to search/locate graphics by theme. The '#1 graphics political thread is awesome' but we have resident graphic artists here, and while not interested in the limelight certainly expect to be a searchable contribution? Am I wrong here?

I am not sure if it can be done by tags, but should be searchable by topic and both graphic artist.

As an example, a graphics thread for the 'Channon and Chris Memorial 'forum, predominant graphics thread being 'Hush Crimes.'

I think what is being submitted here is, are graphic artists welcome, and could we get a bit of specs on organizing our work? We are a group that I believe can bring a level of awareness not present at this time.

We know varg can do it, he is like the total geek in-depth media bomb, I guess we are asking for some kind of permission?

I am hoping this can be an open platform for good things.

This forum has some bad ass graphic folk. I need to know how welcome we are.

Old April 30th, 2014 #3
keifer

Before computers came about, commercial artists would keep photo files for visual references. The images mostly came from being torn out of magazines and were filed accordingly by subject so that if a project needed an image such as a middle aged woman, smiling and cheerful, this reference could be accessed and deadline met. The depth of ones reference file was necessary for pulling together projects at a moments notice. The reference files were visual information that would cover every noun, from every angle. This was old school tricks and now outdated but the reference-concept is still applicable today especially when dealing with specifics like that of hush crimes.

I started this thread out of frustration after having searched google-images for black-flash-mob in which case no real images came up on a subject title that occurs on daily basis. But, maybe the error is on the operator and I should have worded the search as teen-mob.
700 megapixel is the minimum requirement to sufficiently fill a computer screen.

If compiling image references into one resource thread is somehow impractical, then what might be a solution for obtaining better quality image resources? If the answer comes down to individual search skills then I ask that you share your skills. I have found that when putting together a project there is more time spent on searching out resources than time spent constructing the end product. When I was a graphic artist, any tool of the trade could be replaced except the image file. Losing my reference library would have serious consequences on productivity and generating ideas.

Old April 30th, 2014 #4
Wednesday Owens
Banned

FYI.

I will make a thread in this forum (http://vnnforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121) with what I perceive (at the time) to be the best title and tags, considering I don't seem to be able to edit or add tags to an existing thread. From what I understand the proper tags should eventually result in our graphics appearing in an 'image search' on Google, Ask, etc.

Also, it should make the images/graphics searchable for anyone interested in locating a graphic topic of interest within the forum search engine itself.

Other than that I really don't have a clue, keifer.

Thank-you for bringing up this point of concern.

Old April 30th, 2014 #5
Wednesday Owens
Banned

Correction, we CAN edit tags if the OP uses them at the outset.

I think that is how we can approach this organisation pitfall, keif.

Old April 30th, 2014 #6
keifer

OK, so basically if you want the general public to view your images while engaged in a search, for example aipac, the image file itself should be titled aipac, rather than something like "image556" and so forth. Do I have this correct?

Old April 30th, 2014 #7
Wednesday Owens
Banned

I am thinking image file name, thread title, and tags all play a part. Yes, as you can tell I am probably a doofus where search engines are concerned, but never afraid to be a doofus until I get an answer.

What we are lacking is consistency (FOCUS a better word?), and perhaps we use this thread (or another with this strategy in mind) to establish or 'coin' a term for what we have in mind.

We now have one for 'hush crimes.'

We (by this I mean within OUR circles) need to establish other terminology (or access those already in use) and adhere to that format without fail throughout all of our internet web work.

Old May 2nd, 2014 #8
varg

Adobe Font Folio has excellent professional fonts. Helvetica being the best in my opinion.

Can be found pirated on thepiratebay under "Adobe Font Folio" though it's up to you to decide if you want to go that route.

Last edited by varg; May 2nd, 2014 at 11:12 PM.

Old May 2nd, 2014 #9
Wednesday Owens
Banned

I'll pass.

Old May 2nd, 2014 #10
varg

Image Alex posted in the graphics forum. If I ever make any again I'd be using this design as a template. Specifically: Helvetica, not a lot of text, big font, bolding, center graphic, link to VNNForum.

Old May 2nd, 2014 #11
Wednesday Owens
Banned

Nice.

Whitegirlbleedalot.com has the best.

Would be pretty simple to set up a PSD/layer/template for others to plug in the info?

I don't do that, but I am sure many are willing.

Good stuff you are presenting.

Old May 21st, 2014 #12
Wednesday Owens
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Owens View Post
I'll pass.
I held off as long as I could but finally gave in. Now I have almost as many fonts as I do brushes, vectors, textures and patterns (thanks varg :P). Does anyone else here make their own? I am unable to create vectors because I use a ragged old version of PE.

Here are some of my fav free resources for the above tools. BTW, http://www.deviantart.com/ goes without saying, but they all have different terms of use according to artist so I won't link them yet.

http://www.obsidiandawn.com/ -Brushes, images, patterns, shapes, tutorials. I learned more about graphics from this site than anywhere else. She does now have terms of use.

http://beinecke.library.yale.edu/
http://www.loc.gov/collection/discov...is-collection/
https://openlibrary.org/
https://archive.org/details/movies
-I frequent many of the online museum/libraries/archives and while it can be extremely time consuming and much like being LOST IN A FREAKING MAZE, you often stumble across some real gems. Snapshots of vintage blk&wh video footage I have often found very useful and the reason I included archive.org in the resource list. Many players now include that convenient option.

http://all-silhouettes.com/ -If you can't create vectors, this site will be a wonderful resource for you. I enjoy using these files to not only draw the actual shape, but to use the cookie-cutter option. He has absolutely no terms of use and a nice beginner selection.

You ever get the feeling you have only touched the tip of the iceberg?

I hope this has been a helpful post, enjoy.

Old September 18th, 2014 #13
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Thread