VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old July 23rd, 2016 #1
Tony Houseman

Default Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as her veep: Clinton opts for 58-year-old senator and former governor from crucial swing state Virginia

Hillary Clinton has tapped Tim Kaine to be her running mate.

The Democratic candidate for president announced the news in a text message to her supporters.

'I'm thrilled to tell you this first: I've chosen Sen. Tim Kaine as my running mate. Welcome him to our team.'

She sent out a similar messages several minutes later that described the Virginia legislator as 'a man who's devoted his life to fighting for others.’

The messages were marked with an ‘H’ – the Clinton campaign’s way of saying the candidate wrote them herself.

She said in a follow-up tweet that Kaine ‘is a relentless optimist who believes no problem is unsolvable if you put in the work to solve it.'

Kaine then confirmed the news on Twitter. He wrote: 'Just got off the phone with Hillary. I’m honored to be her running mate. Can’t wait to hit the trail tomorrow in Miami!'

The usually quick-on-the trigger Donald Trump took nearly two hours to release a statement tearing into his new opponent.

When he finally did, Trump said, 'It's only fitting that Hillary Clinton would select an ethically challenged insider like Tim Kaine who's personally benefited from the rigged system.'

'If you think Crooked Hillary and Corrupt Kaine are going to change anything in Washington, it's just the opposite,' he proclaimed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4FE777wJV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Old July 23rd, 2016 #2
notmenomore

Kaine is the junior Senator from Virginia, true. He is not, however, from Virginia. Kaine is just another of the many carpetbaggers Virginians have "chosen" (like the current governor) to statewide office: a Harvard lawyer who claims not to know what the law is on the subject of the 2nd Amendment (which he continues to try to destroy). Reconstruction continues apace.

Old July 23rd, 2016 #3
cillian

I think this choice isn't going to help her much in the general. She is already popular with the establishment/moderate democrats; what she needed to do was win over the progressives, all of Bernie's supporters that feel snubbed. This is just going to reinforce their belief that she doesn't want their vote.

Thread