VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 5th, 2008 #1
Peer Fischer

Thumbs up Arizona voters approve anti-fag marriage amendment

Some good news tonight ...

Arizona voters OK anti-gay marriage amendment

This time, Arizona voters said “yes” to a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage.

Proposition 102, a stripped-down version of the one rejected at the polls two years ago, was passing 56 percent to 44 percent with 81 percent of the precincts reporting Tuesday night. The measure was simplified with the hopes of a different outcome, and the strategy worked.

In 2006, voters made normally socially conservative Arizona the only state to reject a same-sex marriage ban on the ballot.

Unlike that more complicated measure, the proposal before voters this year was stripped down to 20 words: “Only a union of one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in this state.”

The measure carried no immediate practical impact since same-sex marriage already is banned under a 1996 Arizona law. Supporters said adding the ban to the constitution would prevent judges from one day overturning that law.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ge1104-ON.html

Old November 5th, 2008 #2
Peer Fischer

Whoa, deja vu ... if you cross your eyes these duplicate posts appear in 3D.

Old November 5th, 2008 #3
yankee jane
Mene, Mene, Tekel Upharsin

In California the anti-fag marriage amendment bill is winning so far 54% to 46% with 23% of precincts in. If it wins, we'll see how long it takes the jews at the ACLU to take California and Arizona to court so a judge can kill both bills.

Old November 5th, 2008 #4
yankee jane
Mene, Mene, Tekel Upharsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer Fischer View Post
Whoa, deja vu ... if you cross your eyes these duplicate posts appear in 3D.
Is everyone drinking tonight?? I'm not even going near this one http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=83166

Old November 5th, 2008 #5
spikeman
Banned

This is only until Obonga passes a federal law approving them, therefore overriding state laws. He has already stated he will do so.

Old November 5th, 2008 #6
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee jane View Post
In California the anti-fag marriage amendment bill is winning so far 54% to 46% with 23% of precincts in. If it wins, we'll see how long it takes the jews at the ACLU to take California and Arizona to court so a judge can kill both bills.
In Cali, there was already a voted on law shot down by the courts banning fag marriage. prop 8 was a bill to override the courts and amend the constitution.

I am not doubting it will be overturned because they have been letting fags marry for several months now and it will be viewed as removing rights belonging to this "protected class"

VNN: for entertainment purposes only.

Old November 5th, 2008 #7
Peer Fischer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee jane View Post
Is everyone drinking tonight?? I'm not even going near this one http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=83166
That, and huffing model airplane glue out of a paper bag.

Thread