VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 15th, 2005 #1
TulsaMan

Default Defining Semite

This question was inspired by this thread:
http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?p=305075

I know that Semite and Indo-European are actually linguistic terms, but how should we clear up the European vs Semite problem inherent in the term Caucasian?

Let me suggest that White = European Caucasian and Semite = Middle Eastern Caucasian (which is really not true Caucasian but a hybrid of several races).

If this is too simplistic let me know. Any clarification will be appreciated.

Old November 15th, 2005 #2
TulsaMan

Hey, Antiochus Epiphanes, I'd appreciate your input on this, Thanks.

Old November 15th, 2005 #3
J.P. Slovjanski
Marxist-Leninist

Caucasoid is a HUGE group, like Mongoloid or Congoid. Yes, the Semites are Caucasoid, but somewhere along the line the evolution split between what we call Indo-European or Aryan peoples and Semites. Of course you can see the similarities still exist as in people like Bashar Assad.

Old November 15th, 2005 #4
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaMan
This question was inspired by this thread:
http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?p=305075

I know that Semite and Indo-European are actually linguistic terms, but how should we clear up the European vs Semite problem inherent in the term Caucasian?

Let me suggest that White = European Caucasian and Semite = Middle Eastern Caucasian (which is really not true Caucasian but a hybrid of several races).

If this is too simplistic let me know. Any clarification will be appreciated.
The only population of Semites that is not significantly mongrelized is in the Arabian Peninsula, i.e. Saudi Arabia. (I suspect that you would have to look at the peasant population to find the pure types.) Interestingly, they are the only population apart from Europeans (that I have found so far) that is documented as having a very high rate of lactose tolerance. The majority of every other so-called Arab population cannot drink milk.

Last edited by Hadding; November 15th, 2005 at 09:26 PM.

Old November 15th, 2005 #5
Marty Macaluso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding
The only population of Semites that is not significantly mongrelized is in the Arabian Peninsula, i.e. Saudi Arabia. (I suspect that you would have to look at the peasant population to find the pure types.) Interestingly, they are the only population outside of Europe (that I have found so far) that is documented as having a very high rate of lactose tolerance. The majority of every other so-called Arab population cannot drink milk.
I think some of them have mixed with Negroes in Saudi Arabia. I define Semite as more of cultural thing. You don't have to be from the middle east to be a Semite in my mind. I consider a Semite as someone who follows the fundamentals of Semitic based religion. A Christian Zionist is as much a Semite as an Israeli Jew or Saudi Arabian Muslims. If you let a Semitic book like the bible or Koran dictate your existence than you are a Semite. Falwell, Robertson, Sharon, King of Saudi Arabia, Bush, King of Jordan, Arafat are all Semites.

Old November 15th, 2005 #6
TulsaMan

All of you make interesting points.

Here's an interesting quote from theThe American Heritage Book of English Usage
Quote:
http://www.bartleby.com/64/C006/015.html
Caucasian and Caucasoid are in some ways the most problematic of the traditional racial terms, not so much for any offensive character as for their widespread misuse as a synonym for “white” or “European.” Many of the peoples traditionally included in this category, such as the Berbers of North Africa and the various Hindu and Muslim peoples of northern India, have skin color noticeably darker than most Europeans and as such are not usually considered to be white. Obviously they are not European either. Yet in casual usage, in police reports, and even in many dictionaries, Caucasian is often used interchangeably with those two terms. You should take care to avoid this imprecision.
Also, I've read that Jews posess a certain admixture of negroid genes. Does anyone have a link to suppport this statement?

Old November 15th, 2005 #7
betterfuture

Quote:
tulsaman posted let me suggest that white=european caucasian and
semite=middle eastern caucasian
thanks tulsaman i often wondered what a semite is. funny if they call me an anti-semite cause i didn't even know what a semite is.

Old November 16th, 2005 #8
Angle

These Saudis are clearly mixed with Ethiopian and Somalian negroes:

'At the end of his life he organized a financial offering for the poor in Jerusalem [Jew city] from the gentile churches he had founded.' - St. Paul [Jew], Oxford Companion to Class. Civ.

Thread