Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 15th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Game of Thrones Thread (Feminism in GoT)

now i have never watched this show and never would, but this is a good article on feminism in Game of Thrones

http://www.returnofkings.com/38518/h...ame-of-thrones

Old July 16th, 2014 #2
Ray Allan

I have never seen GoT and don't plan to see it, either. But a lot of fans of the Vikings TV series debate the similarities and differences between the two shows on sites such as IMDb.

Old July 16th, 2014 #3
Englisc
Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

I've never watched the show, but I have read the books and it didn't really say feminism to me.

Old July 16th, 2014 #4
Dave from New York

A co-worker kept pestering me to watch this thing, even giving me his HBO-GO password. I've never read the books, but the series is rife with anti-male themes. Women are cast as the ultimate warriors, consistently being shown whipping seasoned male swordsmen. Whether it be a bull-dyke dressed in cumbersome armor, the usual precocious you-go-gurl spitfire, or 90 lb. red-headed "Wildings," the males fall like nigger test scores. Me and the wife do get some good guffaws out of the fight scenes though. Poorly choreographed and sheer absurdity.

Also, the show is heavy with castration and other such sadistic member dismembering. I kind of get the feeling the corpulent hack that wrote this bilge had some father issues, but maybe the HBO jews have drastically altered his books. Don't know enough about the books. I do know that I found an article on this guy where he boasts of being a "feminist."

The show really has no strong male leads, the White men seem to be portrayed as weak and along for the ride. The only one given any kind of integrity is a dwarf. Guess they didn't want to appear insensitive to the "little people."

All in all it really is quite a boring show, very easy to guess what is going to happen scene to scene as this celluloid siege engine launches the usual sally of clichés at the mind. But, like I mentioned, Good for laughs. If this is the cream of the jewish TV crop, I can see why I spend most of my time reading.

So in summation,Think Thelma and Louise set in 1274 with an occasional dragon or other fantasy trope.

Old July 17th, 2014 #5
Alex Linder
Administrator

i just hear about it continually at the one leftist/feminist site i read regularly, jezebel.

a funny thing about white feminists, which i don't think they even realize, a surprisingly large percentage of them are nordicist - they like vikings, fantasy, that kind of stuff, just like many white nationalists do. certainly more than i do, anyway. they like nordic men too, this is noticeable. they run off 5-10 nordic looking males for their hotness, then their ideology kicks in, and they feel compelled to mention some 'groid actor, but you can tell where their hearts and loins lie. skarsgard (sp?) is one they like.

notice also that a lot of women really like blond men - but you never see or hear of this on tv.

Last edited by Alex Linder; July 17th, 2014 at 03:26 PM.

Old July 17th, 2014 #6
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide

I've seen most of the TV series, never read any of the books.

It's not just feminist, it's moral deconstructionist. The more honorable and brave you are the better your chances are of being killed, along with your entire family. Bad things happen to the bad guys too, but not quite as bad. The dragon girl, a nice looking nordic beauty who of course marries a mud, is the modern go-girl heroine for the politically correct to root for as she frees the slaves.

Tyrion the dwarf is one of the few decent people, the good hearted freak, a trope near to the Jew producer's hearts. His super aryan warrior brother Jamie, while he had a few redeeming scenes last season, is by any standard scum, literally throwing a child out a window to cover up his incestuous relationship with his own sister.

So I can't recommend it.

Old July 17th, 2014 #7
Karl Lueger

Some fiends were telling me about it and gave me the first 2 seasons on dvd,
but after the first season it got boring so I never even finished season 2;

The dragons are cool, but there is certainly a feminist aspect to the show
and the "romance" is a bit too much like a cheesy soap-opera, with just more nudity.

anyway, you can get the highlights on youtube and not waste too much time on each episode:

Rambo, John J.

Old July 22nd, 2014 #8
steven clark

I've commented on Game of Thrones on another thread, but I'll do it again.
I read the book before I saw the series. I found martin's writing good but ponderous. Really wordy and I got lost in the atmosphere regarding the characters, but this is typical of fantasy. fans seem to like long, long books.

I did find the story change when it went to Tyrion and Danerys. The writing was more immediate and the word choice more concise. I found them two characters I could immediately relate to.

The first season was like the book, and it was very well done. It's a very grim world, and again, I found Tyrion and Danerys the most approachable characters. Ned Stark was supposed to be the hero, and he was admirable, but also kind of a chump.

I did watch season two, and saw some feminist factors come into play. I didn't read any more books. I assume the series is close to the action. What bothered me more was that I wasn't identifying or liking anyone. Really, it's a gruesome, violent, sadistic world, and seeing everyone plot and scheme turns me off. I don't mean to be a prude. I like my onscreen nudity as much as the next guy, but I don't find anyone to root for.

Tyrion is a kind of modern man (and he's much more attractive in the series...in the book, he's really gruesome), but he's with a nasty lot. Danerys is getting better, and those dragons are great. Also, she is romanced by a black, but he gets offed. That's neat. But other characters...like Jon Snow, I find cold and unlikable. Cersei is supposed to be bad, but she does incest, and remember, she and her brother tossed a child off a wall to keep their secret.
I understand a story has to be tough and characters not be sugar coated, but it's just not a world I want to tune into.

What did it for me was season two, when Cersei made this speech while the castle was under siege. It was so cynical, nihilistic, so contrary to the human spirit that I was stunned. And I can't see anyone in the series who is much different. I have to root for someone.

And the series will go on and on. I wish it only had three-four seasons, but it will be milked. As a writer, I do like to see an ending to things.

Also, I said I don't like Jon Snow. He befriends a fellow night watcher (?)
a fat guy who's kind of useless except for cooking and funny stories. I would have liked to seen fatso do something worthy. Maybe he's Martin's incarnation into the series.

So, I don't mean to sound simplistic, but I like heroes. It's like Boardwalk Empire. I watched the first season, and it was well-acted and the period setting good, but everyone was a creep, and I just didn't want to watch anymore. Also, there were some definite anti-white bits that would never have happened back then.

There is a female warrior in Game of Thrones, but she's kind of bulky anyway, and I don't see her as a great character.
Maybe a lot of you like nihilistic stories. I don't, or at least up to a point.
Maybe it's being raised on Dickens, where bad guys got their comeuppance, but I'm cold to the characters on Game of Thrones. It's like watching a lot of Bushes, Clintons, and Obamas get away with murder...which they are.
I hope this isn't too goody-goody for some of you.

Thread