VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 30th, 2012 #1
Baldy
Racial Rage

Default FBI Automates Snitches

Bad enough that there are more snitches than WN, but now Robocop goes digital.

Best line in the article: "...In an email statement to NPR, the FBI said, "The application will not focus on specific persons or protected groups...."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechcons...monitoring-app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Cook View Post
God made me a Jew when I decided to follow Jesus Christ. Read it for yourself. It's in the Bible. All Christians are Jews.

Old January 30th, 2012 #2
Craig Cobb
Banned

They will probably end up paying Herzliya a half billion to write it.

The FBI has raised eyebrows in the tech world with a public document that asks for advice on how to harvest information from social networking sites.

According to the document, the bureau is looking for a mapping app — or a "geospatial alert and analysis mapping application" — that, among other things, helps it search "publicly available" sources like Facebook and Twitter for national security threats.

Some other items on the FBI's functionality wish list include:

"... instant notifications of breaking events, incidents, and emerging threats that have been vetted and meet the defined search parameters."

"Ability to immediately access geospatial maps" that plot "US Domestic terrorist data"; "global terrorist data"; "US Embassy, consulate and military installations around the world"; weather conditions and forecasts; and "video feeds from traffic cameras."

"Ability to instantly search and monitor key words and strings in all 'publicly available' tweets across the Twitter Site and any other 'publicly available' social networking sites/forums (i .e. Facebook, MySpace, etc.)."

"Ability to immediately translate into English, tweets and any other open forum publicly available social media captured in a foreign language."

"Ability to geo-locate the open source social media 'search' by setting a radius by both miles and kilometers (i.e. 5 miles, 10 miles, 50 miles radius) that will allow the user to quickly narrow the search to a specific area/region/location."

The ability to "geospatially locate bad actors or groups and analyze their movements, vulnerabilities, limitations, and possible adverse actions"

The ability to "develop pattern-of-life matrices to support law enforcement planning and enforcement operations"

"... reference documents such as a dictionary of 'tweet' lingo"

Old January 31st, 2012 #3
Where to begin.
Banned

It may sound retarded and "everyone knows that", but, "Keep your fucking mouth shut.". Period.

Even if it isn't WN related, and most likely isn't, but, again, keep your FMS.

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT. DO SO. I CAN'T FUCKING STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

Thread