VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 26th, 2008 #1
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Default Selective Service

The Selective Service -- You all know what it is, right? When the Russians invaded Afghanistan back in 1979, Prhrusidunt Jimmah Cawtuh did some sabre rattling by having the U.S. boycott the Moscow Olympics and, short of instituting a draft, set up the Selective Service System. Whereby all males in the U.S. have to, to this very day, register themselves with to be drafted should we ever go to war.

Men, were you affected? Did you register? Do you have sons that will be required to register? When / If they ask, will you advise your sons to register or not? You can't get student loans or SBA loans unless you register.

My grandmother shamed me into registering. I had refused -- I was that much of a rebel even then. But I could not bear the thought of her being ashamed of me, so I did it. She meant well, but she was from another time. If I could unregister, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Maybe this is a small, first bloodless step White people could take in the rebellion. Refuse to sign up for ZOG's shit.

I will counsel MY sons to refuse it. we don't need Zog's student loan slavery anyway.

What's your position, white men?

GREL

Old May 26th, 2008 #2
zzdiesel

I signed up when I turned 18 in 1978. I didn't think too much about it back then. I wasn't very wise in those days.

Can't make anything out of a Nigger; except just another dumb Nigger!

Old May 26th, 2008 #3
Sean Martin

I signed up and never gave it a second thought. I wanted to join the military though but my parents harassed me until they talked me out of it. Everyone I knew was against it, apparently everyone I know hates fighting in the military. If they had the $20,000 signing bonus then that they have now I would have joined regardless of what anyone said.

Old May 26th, 2008 #4
zzdiesel

I would've had to signup anyway since I did foolishly get student loans. I dropped out to go to work full-time.

Old May 26th, 2008 #5
USNN88
ANSWP

they registered me at MEPS when i enlisted, which means i cant be drafted now as my service is out of the way no army for me haha.

Old May 26th, 2008 #6
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

So,

How will you advise your boys when they say: Dad the high school counselor gave me this form to sign up for the selective service. What should I do Dad?

If we White people can't take a stand and hold our ground on this, then where can we take a stand and hold it?

GREL

Last edited by Marse Supial; May 26th, 2008 at 01:49 AM.

Old May 26th, 2008 #7
Mike Jahn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee View Post
So,

How will you advise your boys when they say: Dad the high school counselor gave me this form to sign up for the selective service. What should I do Dad?

If we White people can't take a stand and hold our ground on this, then where can we take a stand and hold it?

GREL
Not registering is against the law, at least that's what I was told.

Old May 26th, 2008 #8
Karen Z.
VNNr since '05

I have male friends in their twenties and thirties who never registered, I think it's pretty common.

Old May 26th, 2008 #9
Ironguard1940

Default I signed up but I will not fight

I did sign up for it, unfortunately. That was before I knew what the hell was what. They will never get me to fight their wars for them though. I will make fragging nigger officers the most popular sport in the armed services if I am ever drafted.

Old May 26th, 2008 #10
Donnachaidh

We must all endeavor to not cooperate with the ZOG in any manner whatsoever and if forced to, we can function on a subpar level. Sabotage from the inside would be a beautiful thing too you know. Imagine the havoc a simpleton file clerk could wreak on the FBI for instance.

-Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)

Old May 26th, 2008 #11
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

They may have used different words, but signing up for the draft during your 18th year, for men, was mandatory when I turned 18, in 1963. I signed up on my 18th birthday. I managed to avoid the draft until just before my 23rd birthday, but was drafted in 1968. It wasn't quite legal, but I talked the draft board in Brazoria county, Texas to hold the paperwork up until I could enlist in the navy.

The USA has invaded 68** countries, unprovoked, since the end of WWII. Not one of these adventures has been justified, and not one has done anything but make the American working class, poorer.

Anyone who volunteers for the military is making a grave mistake. I had three college roommates who either were drafted or enlisted, about the same time as me. Of the four of us, three went to Vietnam. Two died there, one came back...sort of. I got lucky and spent my time in Europe and Alaska.

Maybe you will get lucky, like me. Or maybe not. Without being drafted, you'd be an idiot to find out.

Enkidu

** I don't know if 68 is the true number. I just read it somewhere. No matter, it's been a lot of countries, all just to make the corporations richer and the poor fuck who fights and dies and his family, poorer.

Last edited by Mike in Denver; May 26th, 2008 at 08:46 AM.

Old May 26th, 2008 #12
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

In many cases and in many states, 'not registering' is not an option if you want to be a productive member of society.

In addition to federal rules, many states have adopted their own rules regarding selective service registration.

http://www.sss.gov/FSbenefits.htm

http://www.sss.gov/fsstateleg.htm

Many states have passed legislation that supports the federal Selective Service System registration requirement. Generally, these state laws require that a man be registered (or prove he is exempt from the requirement) before he can receive state student financial assistance or be eligible for state government jobs.

Most of the state laws mirror, reinforce or strengthen two federal laws: The Solomon Amendment added Section 12 (f) to the Military Selective Service Act in September 1982. Male students who have a requirement to register with Selective Service must satisfy that requirement as an eligibility precondition for receipt of Title IV federal student financial aid. Title IV aid includes such need-based programs as Guaranteed Student Loans and Pell Grants. In November 1985, the Thurmond Amendment to the Defense Authorization Act established Title 5, U.S. Code, Section 3328, which requires Selective Service System registration (of men who are required to register) as a prerequisite for appointment to most federal jobs. The effect of these Amendments is twofold. They increase public awareness of the registration requirement and ensure that recipients of public funds are in compliance with federal law.

Currently, 41 states, three territories and the District of Columbia have enacted what is often called "Solomon-like" or "Thurmond-like" legislation linking a man's eligibility for state-funded higher education benefits or state jobs to the federal registration requirement, and/or passed laws linking a man's application for a driver's license or I.D. card with Selective Service registration.

Here is a listing of the laws and what they provide:

Alabama: Requires Selective Service registration to be eligible to enter institutions of higher learning. Registration is also required as a prerequisite for state employment and promotion. This legislation was signed by Gov. Guy Hunt in 1991 and became on effective Jan. 1, 1992. On Oct. 1, 2001, an Alabama law became effective requiring men to be registered with Selective Service to obtain a state driver's license. Gov. Don Siegelman signed this legislation on May 17, 2001.

Alaska: Requires men to register with the Selective Service System as a precondition to state employment, to receive state financial aid for school, and unique to Alaska, to receive a permanent fund dividend. Signed by Gov. Tony Knowles on June 27, 2002, this bill takes effect on January 1, 2004.

Arizona: Requires registration as a condition for state financial aid for school as well as a precondition for state employment. Signed by Gov. Rose Mofford in 1988. On April 24, 2003, Gov. Janet Napolitano signed into law a bill that requires Arizona men, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered to obtain a state driver's license. This law became effective on July 1, 2003.

Arkansas: Requires registration as a condition for receiving a state education loan, scholarship, or other state financial assistance. Signed into law by Gov. Bill Clinton on Feb. 22, 1989. Also, requires compliance with the Military Selective Service Act as a precondition for state employment or enrollment in a public institution of higher learning. Signed by Gov. Huckabee in 1997. On Feb. 20, 2001, Gov. Huckabee signed into law a bill which requires men under 26 years old who apply for an Arkansas driver's license, permit, or renewal to be registered with Selective Service. This law became effective on Jan. 1, 2002.

California: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state student financial aid. Signed into law by Gov. Pete Wilson in 1997.

Colorado: Requires statement of compliance from male students born after Dec. 31, 1959, before they are allowed to enroll at a state supported college or university. Gov. Dick Lamm allowed the bill to become law in 1987. On Aug. 8, 2001, a Colorado law became effective requiring men applying for a state driver's license to be registered with Selective Service. Gov. Bill Owens signed the bill on May 30, 2001.

Delaware: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state employment and state student financial aid. Signed by Gov. Michael N. Castle in 1986. On Aug. 4, 2000, Gov. Thomas R. Carper signed into law a bill which registers men 18 through 25 with Selective Service when they apply for a Delaware driver's license, permit, or state I.D. card, if they are required under federal law to be so registered.

District of Columbia: On April 27, 2001, Mayor Anthony Williams signed a law stipulating that men 18 through 25 years old in the District may register with the SSS when they apply to obtain or renew a District driver's license.

Florida: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state student financial aid. Signed by Gov. Bob Graham in 1985. A law signed by Gov. Bob Martinez in 1988 requires registration as a precondition for state employment. On July 1, 2001, a Florida law became effective requiring men to be registered with Selective Service to obtain a state driver's license. Gov. Jeb Bush signed this legislation on June 5, 2001.

Georgia: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state student financial aid. Signed by Gov. Joe Frank Harris in 1986. A law signed by Gov. Zell Miller effective, July 1, 1998, requires proof of registration as a precondition for state employment. On July 1, 2001, a Georgia law became effective which requires men to be registered with Selective Service to obtain a state driver's license. Gov. Roy Barnes signed this legislation on April 18, 2001.

Guam: On May 3, 2004, Gov. Felix P. Camacho signed a law stipulating that men 18 through 25 years old in Guam may register with the SSS when they apply to obtain or renew a state driver’s license. This law becomes effective on Sept. 1, 2004.

Hawaii: A law became effective on Jan. 1, 2002, requiring Selective Service registration as a condition for applying for and receiving a state driver's license. This law was signed by Gov. Benjamin J. Cayetano on May 3, 2001.

Idaho: Young men must be registered to be eligible for state employment and state enrollment in post secondary institutions, including financial aid for this schooling. Signed by Gov. Dirk Kempthorne on March 26, 1999. On March 21, 2002, Gov. Kempthorne signed a law stipulating that men 18 through 25 years old in Idaho may register with the SSS when they apply to obtain or renew a state driver's license. This law became effective on July 1, 2002.

Illinois: Enacted two pieces of legislation: One requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state student financial aid and the other requires registration as a precondition for state employment. Gov. James Thompson signed these in 1984 and 1989, respectively. On Jan. 1, 2002, an Illinois law became effective requiring men to be registered with Selective Service to obtain a state driver's license. Gov. George Ryan signed this legislation on July 20, 2001.

Indiana: On April 25, 2007, Governor Mitch Daniels signed into law a bill given the option for men 18 through 25 to register with Selective Service when obtaining a state drivers license or an identification card.

Iowa: On April 21, 2003, Gov. Tom Vilsack signed into law a bill that requires Iowa men, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered to obtain a state driver's license. This law became effective on July 1, 2003.

Kansas: On April 10, 2003, Gov. Kathleen Sebelius signed into law a bill that requires Kansas men, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered to obtain a state driver's license. This law became effective on July 1, 2003.

Kentucky: State regulations require a statement of Selective Service registration status as a precondition for participating in the state educational loan program. On March 12, 2003, Gov. Paul E. Patton signed into law a bill which registers men 18 through 25 with Selective Service when they apply for a Kentucky driver's license, permit, or state I.D. card, if they are required under federal law to be so registered. This law became effective on July 1, 2003.

Louisiana: Enacted two pieces of legislation. One requires Selective Service registration for entry to any state school. Gov. Edwin Edwards signed this legislation in 1985. The other requires registration to be eligible for certain classified and unclassified state civil service positions. Signed by Gov. Murphy J. (Mike) Foster in 1999. On Jan. 1, 2002, a Louisiana law became effective requiring Louisiana men to be registered with Selective Service to obtain a state driver's license. Gov. Foster signed this legislation on June 25, 2001.

Maine: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state student financial aid. Signed by Gov. John McKernan in 1987.

Maryland: On May 6, 2002, Gov. Parris N. Glendening signed a law stipulating that men 18 through 25 years old in Maryland may register with the SSS when they apply to obtain or renew a state driver's license. This law became effective on October 1, 2002.

Massachusetts: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state student financial aid. Gov. Michael Dukakis allowed the bill to become law in 1984.

Michigan: On January 4, 2007, Governor Jennifer M. Granholm signed into law a bill that requires men 18 through 25 to be registered to obtain a state drivericense or an identification card.

Minnesota: On May 13,2004, Gov. Tim Pawlenty signed a law requiring Minnesota men to be registered with the SSS as a condition for obtaining a state driver’s license.

Mississippi: Enacted two pieces of legislation. One requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state student financial aid. Gov. William Allain signed this legislation in 1984. The other requires registration as a precondition for state employment and was signed by Gov. Kirk Fordice in 1999. On March 19, 2002, Gov. Ronnie Musgrove signed a law requiring Mississippi men to be registered with the SSS as a condition for obtaining a state driver's license. This law became effective on Sept. 1, 2002.

Missouri: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state employment and state student financial aid. Signed by Gov. Mel Carnahan on July 14,1999. On July 11, 2002, Gov. Bob Holden signed a law allowing Missouri men to be registered with the SSS when they apply to obtain a state driver’s license or instruction permit application. This law became effective on Aug. 28, 2002.

Montana: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state employment and state student financial aid. Signed by Gov. Judy Martz on April 21, 2001.

New Hampshire: Young men must be registered to be eligible for state employment and state enrollment in post secondary institutions, including financial aid for this schooling. Signed by Gov. Jeanne Shaheen July 31, 1998. On May 8, 2002, Gov. Shaheen signed a law stipulating that men 18 through 25 years old in New Hampshire may register with the SSS when they apply to obtain or renew a state driver's license. This law became effective on July 7, 2002.

New Jersey: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state student financial aid. Gov. Christine Todd Whitman signed this legislation in 1997.

New Mexico: On April 9, 2003, Gov. Bill Richardson signed into law a bill that requires New Mexico men, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered to obtain a state driver's license. This law became effective on July 1, 2003.

New York: On Sept. 17, 2002, Gov. George E. Pataki signed into law a bill that requires New York men, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered to obtain a state driver's license. This law became effective on March 17, 2003.

North Carolina: Enacted two pieces of legislation: One requires Selective Service registration for certain veterans’ dependents financial aid programs and the other requires registration as a precondition for state employment and state educational assistance. Gov. James Martin signed these bills in 1985 and 1989. On October 17, 2002, Gov. Michael Easley signed into law a bill that requires North Carolina men, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered to obtain a state driver's license. This law became effective on April 01, 2003.

North Dakota: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for student financial aid. Signed by Gov. George Sinner in 1987.

Northern Mariana Islands: Requires Selective Service registration as a prerequisite to employment with the Commonwealth government. Signed by Gov. Pedro P. Tenorio, the legislation became effective March 15, 1999. A law signed on Nov. 30, 2001, by Gov. Tenorio requires young men, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered with Selective Service to obtain a driver's license or renewal.

Ohio: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state student financial aid. Requires any resident male not registered with Selective Service to pay out of state tuition rate. Gov. Richard Celeste allowed this bill to become law in 1986. On Nov. 2, 2001, Gov. Bob Taft signed a law requiring Ohio men to be registered with the SSS as a condition for obtaining a state driver's license. This law became effective on Aug. 1, 2002.

Oklahoma: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state student financial aid. Signed by Gov. Henry Bellmon in 1987. On June 1, 2000, Gov. Frank Keating signed into law a requirement that Oklahoma men, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered with Selective Service to obtain a state driver's license or permit.

Rhode Island: On June 26, 2002, a bill became law requiring Rhode Island men, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered with Selective Service to obtain a state driver's license or permit.

South Carolina: On June 5, 2002, Gov. Jim Hodges signed into law a bill that requires South Carolina men, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered to obtain a state driver's license.

South Dakota: Requires Selective Service registration before acceptance to all state schools and as a precondition to state employment. Signed by Gov. George S. Mickelson in 1988. On Feb. 23, 2002, Gov. William J. Janklow signed a law requiring South Dakota men to be registered with the SSS as a condition for obtaining a state driver's license.

Tennessee: Requires Selective Service registration before acceptance to all state schools. Signed by Gov. Lamar Alexander in 1984. Registration is also required as a precondition for state employment. Gov. Ned McWherter signed this legislation in 1987. On May 29, 2002, Gov. Don Sundquist signed a law requiring Tennessee men, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered to obtain a state driver's license. This law became effective on Dec. 1, 2002.

Texas: Requires men to be in compliance with the registration requirement to be eligible for state student financial assistance. The law was passed in 1997. Effective Sept. 1, 1999, state employment is contingent upon Selective Service registration or exemption. On June 15, 2001, Gov. Rick Perry signed a law stipulating that men 18 through 25 years old in Texas may register with the SSS when they apply to obtain or renew a state driver's license. This law became effective on Dec. 9, 2002.

Utah: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state student financial aid. Signed by Gov. Michael O. Leavitt in March 1998. On March 15, 2001, Gov. Leavitt signed into law a bill conditioning receipt of a Utah driver's license or state identification card on SSS registration for men required to be registered. The law became effective on April 30, 2001.

Virgin Islands: Was signed on Feb. 20, 2002, by Gov. Charles Turnbull requires young men in the Commonwealth, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered with Selective Service to obtain a driver's license or renewal.

Virginia: Enacted two pieces of legislation. One requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for student financial aid. Signed by Gov. James Gilmore on April 14, 1998, and became effective July 1, 1998. The other requires registration as a precondition for state employment and was signed by Gov. Gilmore April 5, 1999. On March 6, 2002, Gov. Mark Warner signed into law a bill which requires men to be registered with Selective Service to obtain a state driver's license. This law became effective on July 2, 2002.

West Virginia: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state student financial aid and state employment. Gov. Cecil H. Underwood signed the bill April 8, 1999, to become effective July 1, 1999. On June 9, 2002, a West Virginia law became effective which requires men to be registered with Selective Service to obtain a state driver's license. Gov. Bob Wise signed this legislation on April 2, 2002.

Wisconsin: Requires Selective Service registration as a precondition for state employment and state student financial aid. The bill was signed by Gov. Scott McCallum on Aug. 30, 2001 and became effective Jan. 1, 2002. On April 22, 2002, Gov. McCullum signed into law a bill requiring Wisconsin men, 18 through 25 years old, to be registered with Selective Service to obtain a driver's license or renewal. This law became effective on Nov. 1, 2002.

Old May 26th, 2008 #13
Silver Eagle
Ebil White Debil™

I barely had to register when I turned 18. What I mean is, 3 months before my 18th birthday, I received a post card from the SSS that said (in effect) "we see you're turning 18 soon and need to register with the SSS. If the information on this card is correct, just sign it, put it in the mail, and we'll take care of the rest." So in my case, they knew my full name, birthdate, and address. So as I said, I had little to do except sign the card they sent.

Old May 26th, 2008 #14
Vox Populae
Banned

Yeah, well I registered but that doesn't mean I EVER intend to go.

If they tell me "Hey, you PROMISED, mister!"

My response is "Well I'm taking my promise back! This paleface spoke with a forked tongue, just like you pricks do!"

I have ZERO intention of ever serving in the corporate military and not because I'm a coward. There's no honorable fights for this filthy shitbag government and never has been. The military in the US has always been the muscle for the Top 1% to fuck someone over. The Revolutionary War was the only honorable fight this country ever fought. The Civil War was even a crock of shit fought for the industrialists and was never about slavery, it was about the North wanting taxes off of the wealthy plantation owners and the South said "No".

Last edited by Vox Populae; May 26th, 2008 at 11:05 AM.

Old May 26th, 2008 #15
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populae View Post
Yeah, well I registered but that doesn't mean I EVER intend to go.

If they tell me "Hey, you PROMISED, mister!"

My response is "Well I'm taking my promise back! This paleface spoke with a forked tongue, just like you pricks do!"
Good answer. You don't owe them a god damn thing. And, any oath taken under duress, such as "required by law," is morally invalid.

Enkidu

Old May 26th, 2008 #16
yankee jane
Mene, Mene, Tekel Upharsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNN88 View Post
they registered me at MEPS when i enlisted, which means i cant be drafted now as my service is out of the way no army for me haha.
Well, at least until they write new laws or decide - again - to ignore existing ones.

Old May 26th, 2008 #17
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzdiesel View Post
I signed up when I turned 18 in 1978.
Huh? With whom did you register? Ford ended the registration process in 1975, and Carter didn't reinstate it until July 2, 1980. Between those dates there was no registration system in place.

Or by "signed up" do you mean enlisted in the military?

Old May 26th, 2008 #18
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNN88 View Post
Not so fast there. After serving in any branch of the military you can be reactivated at any time up to age 55. Congress has to give approval, though. Just as Bush I got congress to authorize recalling the inactive reserve during the first war on Iraq, the next step can be recalling any veteran 55 and under.

Old May 26th, 2008 #19
zzdiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin View Post
Huh? With whom did you register? Ford ended the registration process in 1975, and Carter didn't reinstate it until July 2, 1980. Between those dates there was no registration system in place.

Or by "signed up" do you mean enlisted in the military?
Come to think of it; you are right. I was playing with memory. It was 1980 when it first began. I have never enlisted.

Old May 26th, 2008 #20
Richard H.
Banned

you know what I say; fuck uncle slam; I already did my time and I'm over 55 so they can't touch me, besides I have been told before that I should be put in a case that says "only break open in the event of war"

Thread