Old May 13th, 2007 #1
White Nobility

Default Illegal Aliens Admitted to College, and now want Financial Aid

http://www.suntimes.com/news/educati...lege13.article

Admitted to colleges -- but no help with tuition
LITTLE VILLAGE | Illegal immigrant students denied government grants and loans

May 13, 2007
BY KATE N. GROSSMAN Education Reporter [email protected]

Ofelia Gonzalez and her classmates at Spry High School are stuck in the worst kind of limbo.

They beat daunting odds -- every senior is expected to graduate next month from the Little Village high school. At a larger neighborhood high school nearby, just 56 percent graduate.

And all 32 Spry grads have been admitted to college, 81 percent to four-year college, including Ofelia. The 16-year-old won admission to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IIT and DePaul.

But they can't pay for it. And there's no chance for the kind of financial aid that's the lifeblood for U.S. college students.

"A Social Security number determines whether we can go to college," said Ofelia, a tiny girl with big brown eyes. She ranks first in her class.

Ofelia is one of 11 undocumented seniors in her class, all but one born to Mexican immigrants, most surviving on minimum wage. As illegal immigrants, they're cut off from federal grants and loans. Scholarships or loans from state universities are also off limits.

Spry opened in 2003 as a break-the-mold high school -- an intimate, year-round school where every student takes at least two college classes before graduating, completes a yearlong internship and finishes high school in just three years.

Perfect graduation rate
Designed to get low-income, Latino kids through high school and on to college, Spry is mastering its first goal: This is the second year it will graduate every senior.

Now, by trial and error, the Spry staff is figuring out how to make college a reality.

"I want to be the first one to open doors for my family," Ofelia said. Like many Spry parents, Ofelia's mother and father finished only the sixth grade. They make about $400 a week, earned through baby-sitting and factory work.

Last year, three undocumented Spry grads, backed with limited private scholarships, went to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Faced with massive bills, two dropped out in October. They didn't get any credit but still owe $7,000 and $5,200.

"I had [the tuition bill] on my mind every day, I couldn't focus on my classes," said one 2006 grad, Laura Obispo. "I kind of knew I couldn't get the money, but I was hoping."

Her former teachers now know hope isn't enough.

A 'bitter' reality
"It's a really bitter situation for us," said Francisco Borras, a Spry assistant principal who oversees the four-year-old high school. Spry, 2400 S. Marshall, also includes a grammar school. "We're partly to blame because we sent them" to U. of I.

This year, Borras is laying out the tough realities with each family. Unlike many states, Illinois allows undocumented students to pay in-state tuition, but there are few options for financing that without government aid. Legal residents from poor families are eligible for as much as $14,000 a year from the government.

Bank loans are hard to come by with few assets, and undocumented students aren't eligible for many private scholarships.

To compensate, Spry's counselor hunts down every scholarship open to her students. Ofelia, who wants to study mechanical engineering, has ruled out U. of I. as too expensive. An IIT scholarship covering 20 percent of the $25,000 tuition is a starting point. She's waiting to hear on six other scholarships.

But Ofelia won't say yes to any school until she knows she can pay for it.

"It feels unfair. We have so many opportunities, but we can't take them," said Ofelia, who, like most of her classmates, has been in the United States since she was a small child. "But I don't feel mad or anger. I kind of ignore it because if I didn't, I would probably cry."

Ofelia Gonzalez, 16, is one of 11 undocumented seniors at Spry High School in Little Village, none of whom can receive aid for college.
(Rich Hein/Sun-Times)

So, it's not enough that these illegal aliens get a high school education (and likely food, housing and medical coverage) at taxpayer expense, for which their illegal alien parents pay nothing, since they pay no taxes... but now they want a college education at the expense of taxpaying citizens.

Unbelievable.

Old May 13th, 2007 #2
White Nobility

My emailed letter to Jew reporter Ms. Grossman in response to her outrageous article:

Quote:
Ms. Grossman,

Illegal aliens have no legal right to be here in the first place, never mind receive taxpayer subsidized benefits at the expense of citizens.

The implication that non-citizens should receive benefits at the expense of taxpaying citizens is preposterous, and likely unconstitutional.

Since you're a reporter in America, why don't you write stories with the interests of American taxpayers in mind, instead of trying to garner sympathy for illegal freeloaders?

Would it be okay with you if I decided to come over and live in your house, without your permission, and then expect you to pay for all of my living expenses?

If not, then why should you expect American taxpayers to foot the bill for non-citizens who are here illegally, and attempting to be admitted to American colleges, taking up admissions slots that should rightfully go to American citizens?

I truly do not understand your logic or worldview Ms. Grossman, as it flies in the face of all that is considered fair and just for the taxpayers and citizens of America... you know, the people who actually foot the bills for all these "free" giveaways.

Please think twice before you write such an irrational article again.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Old May 13th, 2007 #3
Hell Raising Woman
Jews are not superior

Location: USA - House of Babylonia where greed, immigration and homosexuality flourishes and the jews love it.

Notice how non-whites use emotional phrases to stir the gullible White people into tears. Now, where do you think the illegal/legal mexicans learned this from? OY VEY! Poor little jewish people have been victimized since the days of Caanites and the Philistines. Poor little jewish people victimized again in the Spanish Inquisition. Poor little jewish people victimized by Hitler.

On SPLC's website, it posts a picture of mexicans and it states (paraphrasing) that poor little mexicans should not be deported because it breaks up families. HA! Gee, now I know where these illegals are getting their emotional phrase from --- from the lowlife, SPLC licensed attorneys who are aiding and abetting illegals.

Emotional phrases that non-whites think that goyim Whites will fall for (in black bold):

A Social Security number determines whether we can go to college," said Ofelia, a tiny girl with big brown eyes. She ranks first in her class.

Ofelia is one of 11 undocumented seniors in her class, all but one born to Mexican immigrants, [notice how the word "immigrants" is incorrectly labeled. Jews use this often to hide the fact they are aiding and abetting]most surviving on minimum wage. As illegal immigrants, they're cut off from federal grants and loans. Scholarships or loans from state universities are also off limits.

"I want to be the first one to open doors for my family," Ofelia said. Like many Spry parents, Ofelia's mother and father finished only the sixth grade. They make about $400 a week, earned through baby-sitting and factory work.

Last year, three undocumented Spry grads, backed with limited private scholarships, went to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Faced with massive bills, two dropped out in October. They didn't get any credit but still owe $7,000 and $5,200.

"I had [the tuition bill] on my mind every day, I couldn't focus on my classes," said one 2006 grad, Laura Obispo. "I kind of knew I couldn't get the money, but I was hoping."

Her former teachers now know hope isn't enough.

A 'bitter' reality
"It's a really bitter situation for us," said Francisco Borras, a Spry assistant principal who oversees the four-year-old high school. Spry, 2400 S. Marshall, also includes a grammar school. "We're partly to blame because we sent them" to U. of I.

This year, Borras is laying out the tough realities with each family. Unlike many states, Illinois allows undocumented students to pay in-state tuition, but there are few options for financing that without government aid. Legal residents from poor families are eligible for as much as $14,000 a year from the government.

Bank loans are hard to come by with few assets, and undocumented students aren't eligible for many private scholarships.

To compensate, Spry's counselor hunts down every scholarship open to her students. Ofelia, who wants to study mechanical engineering, has ruled out U. of I. as too expensive. An IIT scholarship covering 20 percent of the $25,000 tuition is a starting point. She's waiting to hear on six other scholarships.

But Ofelia won't say yes to any school until she knows she can pay for it.

"It feels unfair. We have so many opportunities, but we can't take them," said Ofelia, who, like most of her classmates, has been in the United States since she was a small child. "But I don't feel mad or anger. I kind of ignore it because if I didn't, I would probably cry."

Ofelia Gonzalez, 16, is one of 11 undocumented seniors at Spry High School in Little Village, none of whom can receive aid for college.
(Rich Hein/Sun-Times)

Someone needs to have a serious talk with Spry High School and let Borras know he is aiding and abetting, not to mention little miss jewish harlot herself.

Jews -- tall, tall, tall, tales they tell. Famous fairytale storytellers of the Holocaust.

Old May 13th, 2007 #4
Karen Z.
VNNr since '05

400 a week is better money than I usually make.

Old May 13th, 2007 #5
Hell Raising Woman
Jews are not superior

Location: USA - House of Babylonia where greed, immigration and homosexuality flourishes and the jews love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furandloathinginDFW View Post
400 a week is better money than I usually make.
$400 is about average whether or not the place of employment has benefits, after the medical, dental, retirement, and taxes have been deducted. Still for illegals that's good money.

Jews -- tall, tall, tall, tales they tell. Famous fairytale storytellers of the Holocaust.

Thread