VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 13th, 2008 #1
dogman

Default Russian army plagued with gay prostitution

Russian army plagued with sex slavery and male prostitution

Russian army plagued with gay prostitution

According to the UN International Panel for Struggle against Sexual Exploitation, the Russian army is plagued with male prostitution. A small amount of money is enough to find a Russian soldier-prostitute in the center of Moscow.

Servicemen may become male prostitutes in the Russian army for various reasons. There are young men who voluntarily offer sexual favors to their homosexual clients; others are forced into prostitution against their own will. Newcomers, especially those who finished higher schools before joining the army, suffer from sexual harassment more often than others. Brave soldiers try to protect their honor and rights, although there is no one to help them: commanders and military officials may often be involved in the sex business too.

“When I was standing on duty, two bullies came up to me and shoved me into the stockroom, a soldier serving at one of Moscow’s military units recollects. "They raped me there in turn. It was very painful and revolting. It didn’t take them much time to finish, but the next day I started noticing other soldiers giving me strange looks. I instantly realized that those bastards let everyone know what they had done to me. An officer came up to me one day and said to me point-blank: “Tomorrow you will to serve two clients.” I knew that if I said “no” then I would spend my last days spitting blood. But still, I told him “no.” When the officer heard that, he pulled out pictures of me being raped in the stockroom. “If you don’t serve the clients, you mother will see these pictures,” said he. I was forced into prostitution,” the soldier said.

Another serviceman, named only as Ilya, became a male prostitute during his second month in the army. The young man received a letter from his girlfriend. “The sergeant told me that day that I would no longer need girls. He and three other men forced me to go behind the barracks to the abandoned construction site. They made me kneel their, tied me up to a lamppost and hit me several times in the groin. The pain was so strong that I lost the will to fight them back. They made me open my mouth and raped me. I don’t remember how long it continued. When I came to my senses I didn’t want to live. I was seriously thinking about committing suicide. I was shocked that the rapists were visiting me regularly afterwards bringing fruit and vodka for me. When it ended they made me a prostitute,” Ilya said.

There were many incidents when soldiers prefer bid farewell to their lives being unable to cope with humiliation. However, military officials mostly say that such stories occur because of the unbalanced state of mind of the soldiers.

Solder Aleksey I. from the town of Taganrog was also going to commit suicide. He wrote a letter to his mother before: “Hello Mum. I have been raped like a whore. I have decided to kill myself. Please forgive me. I will hang myself, and nobody will call me a whore ever again. If I find out that my younger brothers will serve in the army too, I will curse you. I don’t want to live like a faggot. I hate myself.” The man’s attempt to commit suicide failed. He is now a patient of a hospital for mentally unbalanced individuals.

Pimps in uniform aim at bringing a person down and humiliating him. If they succeed, they make a soldier become either a passive or an active male prostitute (an active one is more expensive). Prostitute soldiers are divided into three groups in Russia: the secluded, the street boys and the affiliated.

Street boys are the most common and cheapest male prostitutes in the Russian army. They can be found in many places of Moscow during weekends. When on a leave warrant, the street boys wander about the capital looking for clients and offering sex services to them. They can be basically found in the center of Moscow: on Tverskaya Street, on the square in front of the Pushkinsky Cinema and in the Alexandrov Garden near the Red Square. Sometimes they can be found on railway stations too. They try to guess the sexual orientation of a potential client and approach him asking for a cigarette or a little money. Sometimes they ask to use a cell phone to make one single call home. Just a little attention to such a soldier is enough to make him start seducing the client. The conversation mostly ends with a quick oral action in a toilet nearby.

“The street boys don’t ask for much money. The majority of them come to Moscow from Russia’s provinces. They are ready to do anything for a bowl of soup or a cigarette,” a client (he asked to call him Igor) said. “When they return to the military unit, they share their earnings with bullies, who in their turn share with officers,” the man said.

Unlike street boys, the secluded do not spend their time rambling about Moscow and looking for clients. They gather in certain places of which their potential clients know – for example the monument to heroes of Plevna, otherwise known as Pleshka.

Pleshka is the most notorious place in the Moscow homosexual environment. Gays can be spotted their all day long, although gay prostitutes and their pimps appear in the evening time. Some of them put on military uniform and pretend to be soldiers. Such a “professional” asks for $300, although a genuine military man on Pleshka charges only 20-30 dollars.

The so-called affiliated army prostitutes make the biggest earnings in comparison with the two of the above-mentioned groups. They “serve” in their own military units waiting for clients in the barracks.

Finding an agent to establish a contact with army prostitutes is very easy. There are several websites on the Russian Internet that carry quite a list of adequate advertisements. However, going on a gay adventure in the military can be a risky endeavor. It is strongly recommended not to show money to soldiers before sex. “If they see the money they may kill you without giving it a second thought. Five hundred rubles ($20) is a whole fortune in the army,” a man who wished to remain anonymous said.

Sobesednik

Translated by Dmitry Sudakov
Pravda.ru

http://english.pravda.ru/society/sto...y_prostitute-0

Old July 15th, 2008 #2
dogman

Victim of hazing loses his legs and genitals after brutal rape and tortures

A group of drunk servicemen was torturing a 19-year-old soldier for several hours

“A soldier must bravely and courageously endure all burdens and privations of the army service,” the Military Charter runs. The wording, however, receives a different perception in the Russian army, when so-called old files decide to make younger recruits experience all severities of the army service.

News messages about incidents of army hazing appear on a regular basis globally. Russia is not an exception at this point. News agencies periodically report about tortures, harassment, humiliation and even acts of group suicide in the Russian army.

The story, which took place in the beginning of January when Russia was celebrating New Year holidays, strikes imagination with its brutality. The drama happened in a training process battalion of the Higher Military Command Institute, the Chelyabinsk region of Russia. A group of drunk old-timers brutally beat eight of 40 soldiers staying in the barracks one night. Andrey Sychev, 19, suffered from the tortures most. The older soldiers were tormenting the young man for more than three hours. Sychev was subsequently hospitalized with gangrene of his both legs. Doctors had to amputate the soldier's legs and genitals. Andrey Sychev, recruited in 2005, is still in severe condition, news agencies report.

The young man's mother and sister have recently arrived in the city of Chelyabinsk. They visit Andrey at the hospital and say they will leave the city only when the investigation is completed.

The regional Office of the Military Prosecutor has already launched an investigation into the fact of hazing. Six suspects, two of them officers, have been arrested so far. The assaulters were making the soldier squat down for hours and did not let him stand up.

The information posted on the website of the Russian Office of the Prosecutor General says that the group of older servicemen was torturing and beating eight younger soldiers for several days. One of the assaulters was making Andrey Sychev remain motionless half-seated. “As a result of this violence, the victim suffered from the compression of leg and genital tissues, which subsequently led to the development of gangrenous inflammation,” a message from the Office of the Prosecutor General of Russia said.

Sychev was complaining of pain in the legs during the next three days. The young man was not given the appropriate medical aid and was hospitalized on January 4 when he could not go out of the barracks.

An unofficial version of the incident is different from the one of the investigation. A high-ranking official from the Chelyabinsk regional garrison who spoke on condition of anonymity said that private Sychev had been gang-raped for several hours. The military prosecutors are aware of the assault, but they were told not to expose the facts not to harm the image of the Russian Armed Forces, news agencies report.

According to the source, the soldier was tied to a bunk for several hours while being raped. Doctors say that gangrene of a limb develops when blood flow to the limb is interrupted for four hours. The anonymous official added that the fact of the brutal rape would be unveiled upon the command from higher military instances.

http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/cr...75000-hazing-0

Old July 15th, 2008 #3
JayDee
92G7MPB-L6

That's about enough of your fake judeo-news propagand pieces to last me a year or two dogbreath.

Old September 14th, 2008 #4
dogman

Tuesday, 13 February 2007, 13:32 GMT

Russian soldiers 'used for sex'

Russia's military has been tarnished by a series of scandals
The Russian military is reported to be investigating claims that army conscripts were forced to work as male prostitutes in St Petersburg.
The command of the interior ministry unit denied the claims made by the Soldiers' Mothers human rights group.

The group says it was contacted by a parent of a conscript who had been forced to work as a male prostitute.

Last year, an 18-year-old soldier was so badly beaten that he had to have his legs and genitals amputated.

The BBC's James Rodgers in Moscow says the latest claims follow a series of scandals which have damaged the Russian army's reputation.

A spokeswoman for the Soldiers' Mothers, Ella Polyakova, told the BBC that in St Petersburg there was "a network of clients" who would pay for sex with soldiers.

Older servicemen are said to have forced younger conscripts into prostitution and then taken the money for themselves.

Brutality

The Sychev bullying case drew worldwide attention to Russian army abuses.

Private Andrei Sychev was forced to squat for several hours by fellow soldiers and then tied to a chair and brutally beaten up last year.

As a result he developed gangrene in his legs and genitals, which had to be amputated.

Now permanently disabled, Pte Sychev has just announced that he is to write a book about his ordeal.

Such cases have highlighted the appalling conditions suffered by some Russian service personnel at a time when Russia is seeking a greater role on the world stage, our correspondent says.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6356707.stm

Old September 14th, 2008 #5
majorlee

again, I don't believe what we hear coming out of Russia. that sounds like info that is meant to throw us off as to the real nature of things

Old September 14th, 2008 #6
dogman

Russian army sold recruits for sex, rights group claims

Luke Harding in Moscow

The Guardian, Wednesday February 14 2007

Russia's scandal-prone military was gripped by allegations yesterday that cash-strapped senior officers had forced young conscripts to work as male prostitutes.According to the rights group Union of the Committees of Soldiers' Mothers of Russia, conscripts at an army base in St Petersburg were compelled to perform sexual services for influential middle-aged clients, among whom was a former general in the FSB intelligence agency.
Clients were said to arrive at night outside the military base, next to the Hermitage museum, and the soldiers would be forced to get into clients' cars.

One conscript, who had raised the alarm, told Russia's Gazeta newspaper yesterday that older soldiers humiliated the others. "Sometimes they made us mop the floors all night ... The officers would beat us on the arms and legs. We were sent out to the park to earn money ... I was tortured with electric shocks." Another conscript added: "At least 10 out of 35 of us would not spend the nights at the military base."

The allegations involving St Petersburg's unit of 3,727 personnel follow cases of abuse of conscripts. Last year there was national outrage at the gruesome fate of Andrei Sychev, 19, a tank academy conscript so badly tortured by his superiors his genitals and legs had to be amputated.

Russian media reports claim soldiers at the St Petersburg unit passed a "client list" on to successors, and conscripts were paid about 1,000 roubles (£20) for sex.

Yesterday, Vasily Panchenkov, a spokesman for the interior ministry, said: "This is merely an anti-army campaign designed by the [Soldiers' Mothers] committees. The unit is constantly checked."

Human rights groups are concerned about what they call systemic bullying in the army, still made up overwhelmingly of conscripts. Valentina Melnikova, of the soldiers' mothers committees, said: "The reason these cases are so hard to prove is that everybody stays silent in the army."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007...ia.lukeharding

Old September 15th, 2008 #7
dogman

Sex Slavery And Male Prostitution Plaguing Russian Army

According to the UN International Panel for Struggle against Sexual Exploitation, the Russian army is plagued with male prostitution. A small amount of money is enough to find a Russian soldier-prostitute in the center of Moscow.

Russian soldiers in a line-up seemingly experiencing the discomfort of conscripted participation Servicemen may become male prostitutes in the Russian army for various reasons. There are young men who voluntarily offer sexual favors to their homosexual clients; others are forced into prostitution against their own will. Newcomers, especially those who finished higher schools before joining the army, suffer from sexual harassment more often than others. Brave soldiers try to protect their honor and rights, although there is no one to help them: commanders and military officials may often be involved in the sex business too.

http://www.nowpublic.com/sex_slavery...g_russian_army

Old September 15th, 2008 #8
Curious
Banned

Prison-punk system.

Old September 15th, 2008 #9
Charlie-Horse
Elusive Pimpernel

What the hell is wrong with women. I can't understand this freak phenomenon.

Thread