VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 27th, 2006 #1
Holly
Self Bannned

Default Mongloid slices up his little girl

And says "oh it is legal in Afrika. Only problem is THIS IS THE USA idiot sheesh why we let these tribesmen into any western nation is way beyond me.

Genital cutting on trial in Georgia case

By DOUG GROSS, Associated Press Writer 2 hours, 8 minutes ago

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - The trial of an Atlanta-area father accused of circumcising his 2-year-old daughter with scissors is focusing attention on an ancient African practice that experts say is slowly becoming more common in the U.S. as immigrant communities grow.

Khalid Adem, a 31-year-old immigrant from Ethiopia, is charged with aggravated battery and cruelty to children. Human rights observers said they believe this is the first criminal case in the U.S. involving the 5,000-year-old practice.

Prosecutors say Adem used scissors to remove his daughter's clitoris in their apartment in 2001. The child's mother said she did not discover it until more than a year later.

"He said he wanted to preserve her virginity," Fortunate Adem, the girl's mother, testified this week. "He said it was the will of God. I became angry in my mind. I thought he was crazy."

The girl, now 7, also testified, clutching a teddy bear and saying that Adem "cut me on my private part." Adem cried loudly as his daughter left the courtroom.

Female circumcision is common in Adem's homeland, and his lawyer, Mark Hill, acknowledged that Adem's daughter had been cut. But he said his client did not do it, and he implied that the family of Fortunate Adem, who immigrated from South Africa when she was 6, may have had the procedure done.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061027/...enital_cutting

Thread