VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 25th, 2009 #1
alex revision

Default Why Hollywood's Jewish guys fall in love with shiksas

Why Hollywood's Jewish guys fall in love with shiksas

October 21, 2009

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_...-shiksas-.html

From Diane Keaton to Mariel Hemingway to Scarlett Johansson, Woody Allen's favorite women have been WASPy blonds. [UPDATE: As many readers have noted, Johansson is actually Jewish, so perhaps I should call her a WASPy blonde Jewess.] At any rate, Allen is not alone. As Liel Leibovitz writes in a fascinating new essay in Tablet magazine, "Since the dawn of American entertainment, Jewish women were largely rendered invisible, absent everywhere from burlesque to Hollywood to prime-time television. Instead, they watched as their sons and brothers and husbands became successful producers, directors and impresarios, powerful men who then chose to populate their works with a parade of sexy, sultry shiksas who looked nothing like their female kin."

It's a big, bold accusation, but Leibovitz does a pretty persuasive job of proving it, digging all the way back to the earliest days of burlesque, when if you worked for the striptease kingpins the Minsky Brothers, you had to be a blond or a redhead, never a brunet. The early Hollywood moguls, eager to shed their shtetl roots, quickly dumped their first wives for Gentile trophy dames and largely banished both Jewish men and women from their all-American hymns to assimilation, forcing Jewish actors like John Garfield (Julie Garfinkle) and Danny Kaye (David Kaminsky) to change their names to far less ethnic-sounding monikers.

But Leibovitz argues that even today, long after Jewish TV execs allowed male characters to be named Seinfeld, Steinberg and Fisher, they still required the guys to lust after decidedly non-Jewish women. She points to a slew of shows, including "Mad About You," "Chicken Soup," "Flying Blonde" and "Anything But Love," that all feature neurotic Jewish (filmmaker/pajama salesman/biz exec/writer) men pining after gorgeous and free-spirited shiksas. Each show was designed around the idea of transformation, or more specifically, the power of a non-Jewish woman to extricate her Jewish lover from his suffocating, crass and unhealthy environment.

When it comes to being an onscreen presence in a Jewish guy's life, blonds clearly have more fun, whether it's Cheryl Hines playing opposite Larry David in "Curb Your Enthusiasm" or Drew Barrymore being Adam Sandler's love interest in "The Wedding Singer" and "50 First Dates." (Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but by my count, it wasn't until 2008's "You Don't Mess With the Zohan," where Sandler played an Israeli hairdresser, that he cast an actual Jewish actress -- Emmanuelle Chriqui -- as his romantic partner.)

Leibovitz could expand her critique, since when it comes to being invisible, African American women have it even worse than Jewish women, rarely if ever getting a meaty part playing opposite black mega-stars like Denzel Washington, Sam Jackson and Will Smith. But her point is well taken. In an era where Jewish women have cracked the glass ceiling time and again as producers and studio executives (from Sherry Lansing and Laura Ziskin to Gail Berman and Amy Pascal), it's slim pickings when it comes to parts for actresses looking to shine in the spotlight. In Hollywood, if you're a Jewish woman, your best career possibilities are still behind the camera, feeding all the good lines to the shiksa goddesses.

Hollywood Jewish guys [heart] shiksas: Part 2

October 23, 2009

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_...-part-two.html

I got a lot of heated feedback for my post this week riffing on a provocative story in Tablet magazine detailing how Hollywood's Jewish guys, from famous comedians to studio executives, have since time immemorial -- meaning since the days of burlesque -- preferred casting blond shiksas to dark, sultry Jewish women in leading roles. A host of commenters, led by "Jimbo" and "fman," thought my views on the issue were either offensive or blown out of proportion.

Fair enough. So as further support for my case, I offer this new post from Danielle Berrin's "Hollywood Jew" blog in the Jewish Journal. It's an appreciation of the gifted actress Rachel Weisz, whose new film, "Agora," just had a big opening in Spain. Berrin unearthed a 2001 interview Weisz did about being a Jewish actress in Hollywood that further proves my worst suspicions about Hollywood executives' discrimination against Jewish women. Here's an excerpt from the interview, conducted by Index magazine's Emma Forrest:

Emma: Is it limiting as an actress to be perceived as being too ethnic in any way?

Rachel: Well, I think you and I have always felt the same way--that we're Jewish but we can get away with just being exotic.... Hollywood's run by Jews. I was advised by an American agent when I was about 19 to change my surname. And I said, "Why? Jews run Hollywood." He said, "Exactly." He had a theory that all the executives think acting's a job for shiksas.

Emma: Of all the self-loathing Jews in the world, the most self-loathing are the Hollywood Jews. They don't want to see images of themselves on screen. That's why Lauren Bacall had to hide her identity, and Winona Ryder changed her name from Horowitz.

Rachel: In some way, acting is prostitution, and Hollywood Jews don't want their own women to participate. Also, there's an element of "Portnoy's Complaint." They all fancy Aryan blondes.

Old March 28th, 2015 #2
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

How Rachel Weisz wrecked her Hollywood prospects

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net...ood-prospects/

Rachel Weisz on why Hollywood Jews prefer blondes

Quote:
Below, Weisz talks about being Jewish in Hollywood in a 2001 interview with writer Emma Forrest for Index Magazine.

EMMA: When we were at the drugstore you innocently opened up Talk Magazine and I heard a shriek of dismay.

RACHEL: Yeah, I literally saw not only the most disgusting, but the most ridiculous photograph I’ve ever seen of any woman.

EMMA: And who was it of?

RACHEL: It was me. [laughs] It was me photographed by David Bailey, who had some kind of concept that because it was for a Russian film, I would be wearing a Russian hat. But you can’t really see the hat, just fur everywhere. And my nose looks like it’s … just a really outsized nose, you know.

EMMA: But, you see, you’re holding back from saying what you said at the store, which was that you thought you looked too Jewish. Is it limiting as an actress to be perceived as being too ethnic in any way?

RACHEL: Well, I think you and I have always felt the same way — that we’re Jewish but we can get away with just being exotic. We’re kind of Jews in disguise. Those cultural stereotypes about the Jew with the big hooky nose and the fleshy face rub off on you. That’s terrible to admit, isn’t it.

EMMA: Well, it’s that Jackie Mason joke about how no Jewish woman wants to look Jewish: “‘You think I look maybe a little Italian, I look a little Russian, perhaps I can be Spanish?’ … ‘You look Jewish!’”

RACHEL: Hollywood’s run by Jews. I was advised by an American agent when I was about 19 to change my surname. And I said “Why? Jews run Hollywood.” He said “Exactly.” He had a theory that all the executives think acting’s a job for shiksas.

EMMA: Of all the self-loathing Jews in the world, the most self-loathing are the Hollywood Jews. They don’t want to see images of themselves on screen. That’s why Lauren Bacall had to hide her identity, and Winona Ryder changed her name from Horowitz.

RACHEL: In some way acting is prostitution, and Hollywood Jews don’t want their own women to participate. Also, there’s an element of Portnoy’s Complaint — they all fancy Aryan blondes.
http://www.jewishjournal.com/hollywo...e_gem_20091022
Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Old March 28th, 2015 #3
Dawn Cannon

That picture gives her a look of Sandra Bernhard.

Old March 28th, 2015 #4
EricPowers
Banned

So with all these Jewish guys lusting after Shiskas and 50%+ of Jews out marrying, why aren't Jews an extinct Demographic?

Maybe it's only a matter of time?

Jewish men are a lot like Black men they know their women are ugly and covet a blonde trophy wife.

Out of the pure Jewish girls the girls with the Stereotypical Jewish features 99% were ugly.

I've seen some good looking Jewish girls but only when they look more on the WASPY side.

Though I disagree on Hollywood not having any Jewish Actresses,

There are plenty of Jewish Actresses these days. Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, Gweneth Paltrow, Kate Hudson, Goldie Hawn, Winona Ryder, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jennifer Connelly, Joan Rivers, Rachel Weisz....ect

Even in the old days you had a few Jewish Starlets like Lauren Bacall, Hedy Lamarr, and Dinah Shore.

Last edited by EricPowers; March 28th, 2015 at 11:45 PM.

Old March 29th, 2015 #5
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricPowers View Post
So with all these Jewish guys lusting after Shiskas and 50%+ of Jews out marrying, why aren't Jews an extinct Demographic?
Widespread intermarriage is a product of jewish emancipation and integration into gentile society. Jewish inbreeding (detected by genetic studies) shows it was nowhere near 50% for the last few thousand years. I'd advise skepticism about that 50% intermarriage estimate, it's usually claimed by jews and they're nothing if not pathological liars.

But looked at another way, jews do have a remarkably small population considering how long they've been wandering the earth sucking up resources. Whites and Asians, the other two intelligent racial groups, have done far better not just at populating their lands, but in every respect.

Old March 30th, 2015 #6
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Emerson View Post
I'd advise skepticism about that 50% intermarriage estimate, it's usually claimed by jews and they're nothing if not pathological liars.
Especially as that 'statistic' is slave to the most hotly debated and fluid of jewish intellectual questions: 'Who is a Jew?'

From experience I reckon they use the stricter criteria (i.e. halakhically jewish or even Lubavitch style, which requires both male and female parents be halakhically jewish to make the offspring such) when 'calculating' marriage rates (Oy Vey! Itz a Holocaust!), but when it comes to say 'achievement' any amount of jew blood or a conversion in one's ancestry/oneself equal jews (i.e. their widespread self-describing self-deception regarding their 'superiority').

Old March 30th, 2015 #7
EricPowers
Banned

Quote:
Widespread intermarriage is a product of jewish emancipation and integration into gentile society. Jewish inbreeding (detected by genetic studies) shows it was nowhere near 50% for the last few thousand years. I'd advise skepticism about that 50% intermarriage estimate, it's usually claimed by jews and they're nothing if not pathological liars.

But looked at another way, jews do have a remarkably small population considering how long they've been wandering the earth sucking up resources. Whites and Asians, the other two intelligent racial groups, have done far better not just at populating their lands, but in every respect.
I'm sure there has been a lot of intermixing as it is obvious in the appearance of European Jews that on average they have a significant Aryan admixture.

Even in Nazi Germany there were a few Nazis that were close to Hitler that had Jewish blood. Jews have mixed with Europeans since they first migrated to Europe thousands of years ago. Which may explain why their population is relatively small.

I also see people with obviously Jewish Racial traits who are not Jewish. There has to be at least twice the number of part Jews and those with Jewish traits in the US population than the figures show. So while 2% is generally accepted as the Jewish portion of the US population it's probably closer to 5% if you count anyone with Jewish blood in them.

Old March 30th, 2015 #8
EricPowers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Radl View Post
Especially as that 'statistic' is slave to the most hotly debated and fluid of jewish intellectual questions: 'Who is a Jew?'

From experience I reckon they use the stricter criteria (i.e. halakhically jewish or even Lubavitch style, which requires both male and female parents be halakhically jewish to make the offspring such) when 'calculating' marriage rates (Oy Vey! Itz a Holocaust!), but when it comes to say 'achievement' any amount of jew blood or a conversion in one's ancestry/oneself equal jews (i.e. their widespread self-describing self-deception regarding their 'superiority').
Anyone whose Mother is Jewish is considered a Jew. Though in practice anyone who has a Jewish parent can be considered Jewish by the Tribe. And Jew is definitely a Racial-Cultural identification and not just a "religious" one as Jews who are avowed atheists are still embraced by "the Tribe" as being Jewish.

Old March 30th, 2015 #9
Sam Emerson

Quote:
Even in Nazi Germany there were a few Nazis that were close to Hitler that had Jewish blood. Jews have mixed with Europeans since they first migrated to Europe thousands of years ago. Which may explain why their population is relatively small.
Their parasitic way of life explains most of it. A parasite can only grow so large before it kills its host. Whenever the jewish population got too large they were expelled, a process that suppresses birthrates. When it wasn't advantageous to be a jew they also lost population to conversion.

Old March 31st, 2015 #10
EricPowers
Banned

Quote:
Their parasitic way of life explains most of it. A parasite can only grow so large before it kills its host. Whenever the jewish population got too large they were expelled, a process that suppresses birthrates. When it wasn't advantageous to be a jew they also lost population to conversion.
We're overdue for another "expulsion", aren't we?

Why couldn't the Jews have just stayed in Israel? They could have saved themselves a lot of grief.

Old March 31st, 2015 #11
Sam Emerson

Quote:
We're overdue for another "expulsion", aren't we?

Why couldn't the Jews have just stayed in Israel?
They revolted and Rome expelled them.

Thread