VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 9th, 2009 #1
Bob R.

Default FBI Hiring 2500 new agents.

Get your applications in early.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28532563/

Quote:
Indianapolis - Despite a slumping economy and constant news of layoffs, the FBI is desperate to hire thousands of new employees.They have been called "G-men" and "The Feds" and their blue shield is almost instantly recognized, but what goes on behind the doors of the Federal Bureau of Investigation is often very much misunderstood.

"Most people think of the FBI special agents as lawyers and accountants," said FBI special agent Wendy Osbourne.
While thousand of companies and government agencies are cutting back staff, the FBI is hiring - and not just a few people, but thousands. This year, the bureau is hoping to add almost a thousand new special agents.
"I can tell you we start with a huge pool and to get to the FBI academy, very few make it," said Osbourne.
They're also looking to increase their professional staff by more than 2,000 employees.
"This is not a job where you apply today and you will be with us tomorrow. This will take about a year to get through our application process," Osbourne said.
Getting into the FBI Academy is no simple task and the requirements, even though they've relaxed in recent years, is still very complex. Applicants must be U.S. citizens and between the ages of 23-37 - and honest.
"The rigorous test we put you through, both the academic test, the panel interview, the background investigation, the polygraph, the physical fitness and medical exam," Osbourne said.
However, if you are not in your twenties or late thirties and in great shape - and don't really like guns, there are still positions for you.
"That can be anything from Spanish to Russian to Arabic or any of the Middle Eastern languages and has a four-year college degree, we are looking for 'em," said Osbourne.
But if leaving your hometown is unthinkable, you'll need to look elsewhere.
"All FBI agents are required to relocate, so if you are coming from Indiana, you don't get to come back to Indiana, initially," Osbourne said.

Old January 9th, 2009 #2
Jessica
Just a Housewife

I actually heard an ad on the radio for the Border Patrol today too. They are having a job fair at a hotel in town. Maybe I should appy?

Old January 9th, 2009 #3
IceQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
I actually heard an ad on the radio for the Border Patrol today too. They are having a job fair at a hotel in town. Maybe I should appy?
I would, from the looks of things they do not do much of anything. You'd probably just have to cruise around in a jeep and yap to other agents on a radio all day/night. I'd apply if I was there.

Old January 10th, 2009 #4
Jessica
Just a Housewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen View Post
I would, from the looks of things they do not do much of anything. You'd probably just have to cruise around in a jeep and yap to other agents on a radio all day/night. I'd apply if I was there.
You do have a to pass a "background check." Wonder if they care that I don't like mexicans?

Old January 10th, 2009 #5
Jess_Smith

Quote:
Perhaps this will be of assistance.

http://www.resist.com/other/border_patrol.swf

Old January 10th, 2009 #6
Bob R.

Quote:
You do have a to pass a "background check." Wonder if they care that I don't like mexicans?
You'd think liking mexicans would be more of a disqualifying attribute.

They are claiming that anyone with even a misdemeanor is disqualified from applying, which SHOULD disqualify 90% of black males, but I'm guessing there's gonna be a hoard of new black FBI agents somehow. Just like 1/3 of the Homeland Security personnel are blacks with criminal records. Obama isn't even a citizen of the United States.

Old January 10th, 2009 #7
Peer Fischer

www fbijobs gov

DIVERSITY PROGRAMS

The FBI has implemented a series of initiatives that reflect a strong proactive approach to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) issues. The primary areas of focus are:

To provide EEO related training, such as cultural diversity, to every employee

To monitor and report employment practices, such as our hiring/selection process, that may adversely impact any employee or group

To establish special emphasis programs, to identify issues and concerns that relate to various groups, and to establish goals and objectives to resolve problems

Our Special Emphasis Programs include:

American Indian-Alaskan Native Program
Asian American-Pacific Islander Program
Black Affairs Program
Disabled Veterans Employment Program
Federal Women's Program
Hispanic Employment Program
Persons with Disabilities Program
Sexual Orientation Program

Old January 10th, 2009 #8
Gerald Wheeler
Vigilance is First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob R. View Post
Just like 1/3 of the Homeland Security personnel are blacks with criminal records.
Pierce predicted this in the Turner Diaries.

Old January 10th, 2009 #9
Julius

I went to a job fair recently, and about 1/2 of the organizations hiring were somehow government related. You name the government department, and they were there:

FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, Anchorage Alaska Police department (WTF?), Secret Service, FEMA... on and on and on.

It was pathetic, really. Is America so fucked now that the only jobs out there are for people to just watch what others are doing? What happened to American industry? America got to be boss because it was number one in gross national product, and that, my friends directly translates into military might.

Thread