VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old January 30th, 2016 #1
Serbian

Default MACHINE HEAD's ROBB FLYNN Slams 'Big Bully' PHILIP ANSELMO Over 'White Power' Gesture

January 29, 2016

MACHINE HEAD frontman Robb Flynn has released a video message criticizing Philip Anselmo for the apparent "white power" gesture the ex-PANTERA singer made onstage after his appearance at Dimebash last week.

Anselmo performed the PANTERA classic "Walk" at the January 22 event at the Lucky Strike Live in Hollywood, California in honor of his late bandmate "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott. As he left the stage, he made a Nazi-style salute. He appeared to say "white power" as he made the gesture, but he later claimed he was referring to drinking white wine as part of an "inside joke."

Flynn, who performed at Dimebash alongside Anselmo and a number of other notable musicians, has uploaded an eleven-minute video response to the incident in which he called Anselmo a "big bully" and described Philip's actions as "fucking wrong."

A BLABBERMOUTH.NET transcript of Flynn's entire video message — which can be seen below — follows.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mac...2iCcHdocbp0.99

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mac...power-gesture/

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old January 30th, 2016 #2
Serbian

DARKEST HOUR Guitarist On PHILIP ANSELMO's 'White Power' Gesture: 'Racism Has No Place In Metal'

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dar...sacKtP87mcT.99

ALL SHALL PERISH: PHILIP ANSELMO's 'Actions Are A Stain On The Legacy Of PANTERA'

Oakland, California-based extreme metallers ALL SHALL PERISH have called out Philip Anselmo for the apparent "white power" gesture the ex-PANTERA singer made onstage after his appearance at Dimebash last week.

Anselmo performed the PANTERA classic "Walk" at the January 22 event at the Lucky Strike Live in Hollywood, California in honor of his late bandmate "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott. As he left the stage, he made a Nazi-style salute. He appeared to say "white power" as he made the gesture, but he later claimed he was referring to drinking white wine as part of an "inside joke."

ALL SHALL PERISH has released the following statement regarding the incident:

"We consider PANTERA to be the single greatest metal band of all time, but we should never be afraid to call out our heroes.

"Seeing Phil's actions and his cowardly justification is not only disgusting and inexcusable but antithetical to the punk, metal, underground ethos to which we subscribe.

"No gods, No masters, and certainly no master race.

"Any justifications or cries of 'reverse racism,' BET, double standards, PC police, or general white whining are just profoundly ignorant of history, systemic effects, and the lasting impact of state sponsored racism, Jim Crow, segregation and slavery.

"Talk with your black friends, if you have any, and try to gain some perspective.

"There has never, nor will ever, be a true incarnation of 'reverse racism' until white people are swinging from trees en mass, sold into torture, defined in the constitution as three-fifths a person, denied from public institutions and forcibly segregated from society.

"In the face of what an actual tit-for-tat reprisal would look like, affirmative action and understanding the significance and context of displaying black pride seem the least the multi-generational benefactors of being the master race can muster.

"Racism and its institutions are a stain on American culture; likewise, Phil's actions are a stain on the legacy of PANTERA, Dime's memory and the metal community as a whole."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/all...K4ZOxbo5TMw.99

Old January 30th, 2016 #3
Serbian

jewsign

Anti White Jew attacks Phil

Editorial: The Metal Community Must Stop Letting Phil Anselmo Off the Hook for His Racist Remarks

January 28th, 2016 at 11:30am by Axl Rosenberg

It’s time for us all to stop taking it easy on Phil Anselmo

Yesterday, a YouTube user named Chris R. posted the below video footage online. It was filmed at this year’s edition of Dimebash, which took place this past Friday night, January 22 in Los Angeles. Chris admitted that he “originally cut this” part of the footage, but ultimately decided to post it because “people deserve to see this.”

Anselmo subsequently responded thusly:

Okay. So Anselmo was joking! He’s not a racist! Hell, he said “These days, I wouldn’t want anything to fucking do with” the Confederate flag less than a year ago! So it’s all good… right?

Well, not really. Because let’s be real: this is not the first time Anselmo has pulled a stunt like this.

For example: the following speech from a show in 1995, in which the singer claims not to be racist before making a series of racist remarks (“Tonight is a white thing”). It’s incredibly disturbing, not just because of the sentiment, but because there’s a certain sick, backwards logic to Anselmo’s remarks; it’s easy to see how a kid who looks up to Anselmo, or an adult who just isn’t very good at thinking for himself, might hear this and think it makes sense. What’s wrong with whites taking pride their own cultural heritage, right?

What Anselmo’s specious argument neglects is the social and historical context of a phrase like “white pride.” It’s ignorant to think that minorities don’t have an experience that is unique within America and the rest of the world (thus the phrase “it’s a black thing”). White America can never truly know what it’s like to be black; Anselmo is reacting to modern cultural acknowledgement of this fact in a manner which, when you get right down to it, is envious and juvenile.

Anselmo was twenty-seven when he made those remarks, but it’s hard to dismiss them as a youthful indiscretion. In 2003, when he was thirty-five, one of Anselmo’s other projects, Superjoint Ritual, made an album called A Lethal Dose of American Hatred; that album features a song called “Stealing a Page or Two from Armed and Radical Pagans,” and that song contains some charming lyrics about having “no more of the coward Muḥammad” and “taking no pity on the Jewish elitists.”

So has Anselmo just been “joking” for 20+ years? Has he pulled off some sort of decades-long, Andy Kaufman-esque troll/performance art piece? Seems unlikely, doesn’t it?

So why does the metal community continue to let behavior like this slide?

The simple answer is: we’re cowards.

We’re fans of Pantera and Down and, yes, Superjoint Ritual, and we don’t want to have to face the conundrum of whether or not it’s okay to admire someone for his talent while loathing his personal politics. We don’t seem to mind facing that issue when we’re dealing with Varg Vikernes or Dave Mustaine, but somehow, Anselmo has achieved untouchable status. I’m not entirely sure why, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that Pantera rose to prominence at a time when metal was being pushed back underground as a result of grunge becoming popular: Metallica had released Load and become “Alternica,” Anthrax had transitioned from a thrash band to a rock band, Megadeth awkwardly chased commercial glory, and mainstream outlets like MTV and Rolling Stone gave zero shits about bands that were continuing to do interesting, undeniably metal work (e.g., Morbid Angel, At the Gates, etc.). Pantera achieved a level of success whereby they were, for all intents and purposes, the public face of metal — “real” metal — for the better part of a decade. And Dimebag’s tragic death only further solidified their legend — everyone now looks at the past through rose-colored glasses and no one remembers how disappointed everyone was in the band’s final album, Reinventing the Steel. I think this instilled in many of us a kind of blind devotion, which, in turn, has allowed Anselmo’s behavior to avoid scrutiny from media outlets (MetalSucks included) and become metal’s worst kept secret.

Things get even stickier if you work in the industry; everyone is either a friend of Anselmo’s or a friend of a friend’s of Anselmo (again, guilty), people wanna tour with him or somehow otherwise benefit from his notoriety, and no one wants to piss off his fans, many of whom are loyal to a fault (see above) and won’t stand for any criticism of any kind being leveled at their favorite frontman (reprisals for calling out Mustaine are relatively few — we’re gonna get far more hate mail for daring to question Anselmo’s world views, I assure you).

So we look the other way. We remind ourselves of all the times when we’ve made bigoted or racist jokes behind closed doors, and we convince ourselves that it’s no big deal, not worth calling attention to. Anselmo says he’s only joking and we choose to believe him because we want to believe him, because we want to be able to rock out to “5 Minutes Alone” without considering the meaning of the lyric “you used complexion of my skin for a counter-racist tool.”

But it’s nonsense. There’s absolutely no evidence to suggest that Anselmo is just kidding around; if anything, the fact that this issue has repeatedly reared its ugly head throughout the course of his career suggests that not only does he believe what he says, but he believes it so strongly that he can’t help but let it out, even when he knows it makes him look bad. That‘s why he can condemn the Confederate flag and then six months later give the Nazi salute; he knows he’s supposed to condemn the Confederate flag, but his feelings about various minorities burn like a scalding hot piece of coal in his hand, and he simply must drop it. It’s Mel Gibson Syndrome: the guy works in an industry surrounded by Jews and African Americans, but get enough drinks him, and he almost involuntarily starts to drop racist and anti-semitic epithets.

So the bad news is: yes, Phil Anselmo probably is a racist.

The good news is: that really doesn’t mean you have to burn all your Anselmo albums. You do have the ability to not think about these issues while enjoying his music. That’s your choice.

But we should all stop defending Anselmo. Because there’s really nothing defensible about his actions.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2016/01/28...acist-remarks/

Old January 30th, 2016 #4
cillian

Most shocking part of that video is that Machine Head thinks it's a metal band. I never knew...

Old January 30th, 2016 #5
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillian View Post
Most shocking part of that video is that Machine Head thinks it's a metal band. I never knew...
Unlike Machine Head Violence was a real metal band.

Old January 30th, 2016 #6
Ted Bundy
Banned

These guys are cowards. Flynn is a sissy. Throws his guy under the bus. The White race needs to be purged of cowards.

Old January 30th, 2016 #7
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
"In the face of what an actual tit-for-tat reprisal would look like, affirmative action and understanding the significance and context of displaying black pride seem the least the multi-generational benefactors of being the master race can muster.
It "looks like" 45,000 Whites murdered by niggers in the 30 short years between '64 & '94. It "looks like" over 30,000 White women raped by diks wif feet every god damned year, you cock sucking piece of shit race traitor.

I pretty much stopped following metal post Priest/Maiden, since I don't like most of the directions it took style-wise; clearly it was also infiltrated by the jewed commie influence from the punk scumbags I always had an instinctive hatred for.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old January 30th, 2016 #8
Serbian

Thumbs down

PHILIP ANSELMO Says He Is 'A Thousand Percent Apologetic,' Asks For 'Another Chance'

January 30, 2016

Former PANTERA singer Philip Anselmo has apologized for the apparent "white power" gesture he made onstage after his appearance at Dimebash last week.

Several notable musicians have since come out and criticized Anselmo for his actions, including MACHINE HEAD frontman Robb Flynn, who uploaded an eleven-minute video response to the incident in which he called Anselmo a "big bully" and described Philip's behavior as "fucking wrong."

Now Anselmo has released a video message, admitting that he "deserves completely" the "heat" that he has been getting over his actions and saying that he is "thousand percent apologetic to anyone that took offense to what [he] said."

Anselmo's statement in full (see video below):

"Philip H. Anselmo here, and I'm here to, basically, respond to all the heat I've been getting that I deserve completely. I was at the Dimebash and it was extremely late at night [and] there was heavy-duty talk between myself and those who love Dime. And heavy emotions were flowing, jokes were made backstage that transpired upon the stage, and it was ugly, it was uncalled for. And anyone who knows me and my true nature knows that I don't believe in any of that; I don't wanna be part of any group. I'm an individual and…

"I am a thousand percent apologetic to anyone that took offense to what I said, because you should have taken offense to what I said. And I am so sorry, and I hope you just… Man, give me another chance to… Just give me another chance. I love all of you. And anyone who's met me, anyone who knows me knows that I love all of you. Bless you."

Old January 30th, 2016 #9
Crowe

If you're going to say something "racist" at least stick to your fucking guns, and don't offer a sniveling apology or you're nothing more than a sniveling bitch .

Old January 31st, 2016 #10
brutus

The jew will not stand for a speck of proWhite/anti-jew expression from any of the entertainment people MADE FAMOUS BY THE jEW.

The jew made them.....the jew can break them.

Old January 31st, 2016 #11
Karl Lueger

Pantera will always be one of my favorite bands..

it was cool going to see them live every time they were on tour
and Dime always had that cool Confederate fal guitar.

Too bad Phil did that lame ass apology, considering more fans were with him than against, and the only ones kvetching are fucking jews and goy cucks.

but jews wil always promote metal for its nihilistic aspect, any anti-chritian or anti-traditionalist topics are super kosher, alienation of whites is ok, anything raceless basically,
but get all offended when theres any aspect of White racial awareness or condemnation of nay jew approved anti-values

guess the song is true,
"I serve too many fucking masters.
I fucking told you. I told you motherfucker."

ok its kind of funny to see Phil grovel, shows a dude with a giant schwanz can stil be a little cuck..

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...27&oe=5746799D

Machine Head sucks, heard some of their songs, its a bunch of shit;
they opened for Slayer once and I made sure to miss MH shit..lol
it wood be great fun to put a beatdown on that faggot Robb;
that piece fo shit has clothing line called "Killers and Kings" wow dude hes so fucking hardcore edge..

Rambo, John J.

Last edited by Karl Lueger; January 31st, 2016 at 03:51 PM.

Old February 1st, 2016 #12
Serbian

Default Another American cuck faggot

SEBASTIAN BACH: 'People Who Say 'White Power' Are Pussies'

January 31, 2016

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach has chimed in on the debate surrounding last week's incident when ex-PANTERA singer Philip Anselmo made a "white power" gesture onstage at a concert.

Now Bach has offered his two cents, tweeting: "Rock is supposed 2B fun. Perverting music N2 hate? NOT fun. People who say White Power are PUSSIES. As r those who agree. Or remain silent"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/seb...rO2CRHkFDA8.99

Old February 1st, 2016 #13
FrankBrody

Wait....it gets better, jewboy Scott Ian from Anthrax throws his two schekels in.

February 1, 2016

Friends,

Hate speech. Racism. Inflammatory rhetoric.

All dangerous no matter what the context. I have ZERO TOLERANCE for any of this and to not speak out against them is as dangerous as the acts themselves.

Philip's actions were vile and that should be the focus here, anything else is just noise.

Philip has apologized and I would like to offer him the opportunity to really show how much he loves everyone by making a donation to the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

Peace,
Scott

The Simon Wiesenthal Center donation page

http://scott-ian.com/

Old February 1st, 2016 #14
Serbian

jewsign

Jew rat Scott Ian (real name Rosenfeld) from Anthrax (the first metal band to push nigger rap/hip-hop into the mostly white metal genre back in the late 80s) has come out as well

Quote:

ANTHRAX's SCOTT IAN Says 'PHILIP ANSELMO's Actions Were Vile'

February 1, 2016

Now Ian has offered his opinion, posting a message on his official web site in which he says "Philip's actions were vile" and insisting that "to not speak out against them is as dangerous as the acts themselves."

Ian wrote:

"Friends,

"Hate speech. Racism. Inflammatory rhetoric.

"All dangerous no matter what the context. I have ZERO TOLERANCE for any of this and to not speak out against them is as dangerous as the acts themselves.

"Philip's actions were vile and that should be the focus here, anything else is just noise.

"Philip has apologized and I would like to offer him the opportunity to really show how much he loves everyone by making a donation to the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

"Peace, Scott"
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ant...pW2USb7YDg5.99

As for the metal scene in general, these days it's full of cucks and sheep in wolf's clothing

Old February 4th, 2016 #15
Serbian

Default Dutch faggots

Quote:
DOWN's Appearance At FORTAROCK Canceled By Organizers Following PHILIP ANSELMO's 'White Power' Gesture

February 3, 2016

DOWN, the New Orleans-based act fronted by former PANTERA singer Philip Anselmo, has been removed from the billing of this year's edition of the annual Dutch festival FortaRock.

The FortaRock organizers said in a statement: "After the recent outbursts by singer Phil Anselmo during the Dimebash event in the U.S., his band DOWN is no longer welcome at FortaRock. Anselmo ended the show in the U.S. with a Nazi salute and shouted 'white power.'

"There has been close consultation between all parties recent days, since we wanted to make a well informed decision. On that basis, the decision is made to cancel the act. We want to make clear that there is no room for racism or fascism on FortaRock."

The 2016 edition of FortaRock is set to take place June 4-5 in Nijmegen.
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dow...b4BuuQjZlaL.99

Old February 4th, 2016 #16
Serbian

jewsign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
Jew rat Scott Ian (real name Rosenfeld) from Anthrax (the first metal band to push nigger rap/hip-hop into the mostly white metal genre back in the late 80s) has come out as well
Anti White jew Scott Rosenfeld's anti Arab lyrics from his 1985 side project S.O.D. Of course this wasn't racism

from song Fuck The Middle East

Quote:
Fuck the middle east
There's too many problems
They just get in the way
We sure could live without them
They hijack our planes
They raise our oil prices
We'll kill them all and have a ball
And end their fuckin' crisis
BEIRUT, LEBANON-Won't exist once we're done
LIBYA, IRAN-We'll flush the bastards down the can
SYRIANS and SHIITES-Crush their faces with our might
Then Israel and Egypt can live in peace without these dicks

But show just a little White pride and jew Scott Rosenfeld will come after you demanding apologies and donations to the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

Old February 4th, 2016 #17
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
Ruled by the god damned kikes & their whimpering, cum-stained whores: our age in a nutshell.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old February 4th, 2016 #18
Serbian

Quote:
DOWN's Hometown Concert Canceled After PHILIP ANSELMO's Nazi Salute, 'White Power' Comment

DOWN's February 8 concert at Civic Theatre in New Orleans, Louisiana has been canceled by the organizers following an incident last month where the band's lead singer, Philip Anselmo, said "white power" and made the Nazi salute at a show.

An official statement regarding the cancelation reads as follows: "After recent actions by Phil Anselmo during the Dimebash event this past week, we have cancelled DOWN's performance at the Civic. We do not tolerate intolerant behavior, and there is no room for that in our venue or our city. Refunds are available at point of purchase. In addition to offering full refunds for all ticket purchases, the Civic has made a donation to the Jewish Federation of New Orleans, pledging our support for a united community."

Also included in the statement was the following quote from Bob Marley: "Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together — black, white, Chinese, everyone — that's all."

Quote:
Earlier today, Anselmo released another statement in which he said:

"To all this will concern,

"Every citizen in this entire world has the unalienable right to live with dignity and respect without hate or oppression. And I mean this, with all of my crushed, yet, guilty heart.

"It's common knowledge that we can choose to either learn from our mistakes, or continue on a path of insensitivity and destruction.

"I am utterly responsible for the mistakes I have made, and can only give you my word to no longer do them in the present, through ACTION, not just mere words.

"My bandmates are now experiencing the consequences of my behavior, and I now publicly apologize to them as well. Never in my entire lifetime would I drag them down with me, and I've privately suggested to them that they move on without me.

"My biggest obstacle(s) are the over-indulging in the booze and blurting out spiteful, ignorant reductions of the human spirit itself. I will address these issues, head-on.

"I'm repulsed by my own actions, and the self-loathing I'm going through right now is justified by the hurt I've caused.

"I realize we live in a society where apologies are NOT accepted easily, yet long for a day when they can be, but I also understand if I'm shunned 'till I hit the dirt.

"From the bottom of my heart, and with all sincerity, I, once again, am truly sorry for the pain I have caused.

"With truth, love, hope & respect — Philip H. Anselmo"
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dow...hM2QJrp5yso.99

Last edited by Serbian; February 4th, 2016 at 08:45 PM.

Old February 4th, 2016 #19
Serbian

Quote:

Philip Anselmo's DOWN bandmate Pepper Keenan says that he is "saddened and confused" by the ex-PANTERA singer's behavior at last month's "Dimebash" and hopes that Anselmo "will focus his energy on self-reflection and begin the process of regaining perspective, healing himself and those lives he has touched through music."
Quote:
Keenan has taken to his Facebook page to offer his take on what transpired. He said: "Anyone who knows me is aware that I am not one to dabble much in social media. However, due to what transpired last week at Dimebash, I feel the need to respond and reach out to friends, family, music peers and fans worldwide.

"I am saddened and confused by the behavior of Philip Anselmo last week. I do not condone what was gestured and said. This lapse in judgment of 'making a joke' was in terribly poor taste and unacceptable.

"That philosophy is the opposite of what I am about. My heart follows love and soul and my music has been inspired from people of all walks of life and musical styles. I view music as a gift that is universal and intended for all of humanity. As a proud New Orleanian, life is about celebrating diversity through music, it's about bringing people together, not tearing apart.

"I won't speak for Phil but I've known him most of my life and I know there is not hate in his heart. However, I hope at this moment in time Phil will focus his energy on self-reflection and begin the process of regaining perspective, healing himself and those lives he has touched through music.

"Through DOWN, Philip and I have written many beautiful and powerful songs in the past that have touched and inspired people from all walks of life positively and have helped pull many out of their own darkest hours. This is not something I take for granted and should always be at the forefront of one's conscience to keep you grounded, humbled and grateful.

"One of the responsibilities and joys, in my opinion, of being an artist or musician is having the ability to help make the world a better place.

"I accept Phil's apology, and I believe he can.

"I'll be there…if needed.

"Love and Respect."
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/phi...s-his-apology/

Old February 9th, 2016 #20
Bobby Bandanza
The anti-Jew.

Video: PHILIP ANSELMO Gets 'Serenaded' By African-American Members Of THE A LEAGUE At 'Days Of The Dead' Horror Convention

Video: Philip Anselmo Gets '''Serenaded''' By African American Members Of The A League At '''Days Of The Dead''' Horror Convention - Blabbermouth.net

"Whatcha gonna do when Trumpamania and the largest rats of Judea Jew wild on you?!" - Me

Tags
philip anselmo, robb flynn

Thread