Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 3rd, 2009 #1
Dale VanderMeer
Your Pro-White Neighbor...

Thumbs down Anti-Free Speech FaceBook Shuts Down KKK Site...

FaceBook refuses to grant free speech on it's site:
Quote:
The Isle of Man is, perhaps, one of the lesser-known parts of the world.

Perched in the Irish Sea, slightly to the left of some of the more miserable parts of England, it is most famous for a motorcycle race in which someone always seems to get killed.

Now the Isle, whose strange three-legged flag looks like something the Masons might appreciate, is famous for something more: a Ku Klux Klan Facebook group.

It seems some wise and sensitive people decided to get together and "Keep the Isle of Man white and free from foreigners." They dubbed themselves the "Isle of Man KKK."

95 deep-thinking humans from the island's population of some 76,000 signed up for this group. One described the group's goal as wanting to "clense (sic) the Isle of Man".

The members left charming messages such as "Damn blacks and indians (sic), coming over here taking our jobs - who the **** do they think they are?"

One might also wonder who the members of the group think they are. According to the local newspaper, the Isle of Man Today, 33 of the KKK members were students at the Ballakarmeen High School.

Perhaps one of them was the bright spark who used a slightly more colloquial version of what is known here in the U.S. as "the n-word."

After Ballakarmeen High School officials got wind of the ill breeze being created by the group, they alerted Facebook, who swiftly (for Facebook) shut the group down.

However, those same school officials appear not to believe their students are racists. Deputy Head Teacher Paul Kane told the Isle of Man Today: "There are one or two ambiguous remarks from our students but we think these were intended as sarcasm. I'm pleased that the vast majority disagree with the sentiments of this group and want nothing to do with it."

However, after one BHS student had left a message that the group was "racist and immature," a student from King Williams College replied: "I'm not paticularly (sic) immature, but I am slightly racist."

Perhaps it is slightly pleasing that this site has been removed. However, one commenter to the Isle of Man Today's article suggests that the issue may go far beyond these 95 Facebook group members.

Using the moniker BS, the commenter wrote: "Thank you for putting this up! I came to the Island a couple of years ago and hand on heart I have never been anywhere so racist in my life!"

Perhaps BS will also choose to form a Facebook group.

Article and Comments Found Here

Thread