Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts
Local Blogs
Miscellaneous

Old November 7th, 2011 #2301
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Deluded Steele Cheerleaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
You made a claim of knowledge such that you can only either be a government agent or a liar. You decline to address that, and--predictably--attempt to project your own questionable activities onto me.
.......
You're some 'friend,' Pauly.
Just like the other Steele cheerleaders, you have your head up your ass. I talked to a person that had seen the love letters that Steele recently wrote to a White woman that he had never met. I supported Steele so long as there was ANY possibility that he had been framed.

You need to see the big picture. Prior to his surgery when he went crazy, he suffered from delusions of persecution. He whines about the ADL sending him telephone death threats. So what? He had a concealed weapon permit. Our National Alliance line here in Las Vegas was full of threats. Caller ID has dramatically reduced them. There was never any proof that the ADL was behind Steele's death threats. Some obnoxious Jew may well have made the calls but Abbie Foxman has more brains than to be linked to such a thing.

Steele also suffered from delusions about his own self worth. He is virtually unknown outside of VNN circles. I have only read extracts from his "Defensive Rascism" but it seems to be more of a pamphlet. David Duke has written "My Awakening" and "Jewish Supremacism" both of which I have read. Each of these is a proper textbook to take a Whigger and make a White Nationalist out of them.

Duke was accused of mail fraud and pissing away $100,000 of his supporter's money on riverboat crap tables. Some of that money was mine. He was never accused of trying to blow up anybody with a pipe bomb. He spent less time in Federal prison that Steele has spent in jail. If the Feds were going to frame him, he would have never been let out. His personal vices should be considered against the background of the large amounts of good that he has done. He has done AT LEAST ten times more than Steele has for White Nationalism.

Steele has pissed away over $120,000 of his supporters money on a scumbag incompetent now disbarred lawyer by the name of Robert McAlister. NONE of that money was mine. I have sent Steele money in jail when I have written him but will not give a penny to be spent on lawyers.

By getting himself arrested, Steele has done ten times the damage to White Nationalism as all of the good that he did. The first sign that he had gone insane was when he failed to fire his worthless public defender within 30 days. Then when he wrote the series of steamy love letters from jail to his Ukrainian girl friend who couldn't even speak English, the matter was settled. I have posted the details of how aorta surgery can cause such insane behavior several times here. Steele was not framed. On the other hand, the situation with Matt Hale was entirely different.

Steele has told dozens of lies that I have caught him in on his affidavits and rants written from jail and I have posted some of them. He must think that they are working. I am convinced that both sides of this trial know that he has gone crazy and are doing nothing about it. The lawyers will milk this for the last penny in attorney fees.

Nobody is qualified to argue with me about these matters unless they have also read all 1,500 pages of the trial transcript and all of Steele's rants and affidavits. If you haven't, your opinions are not worth listening to. It is long past time for everyone to start talking about the elephant in the living room.

If I catch Linder robbing a liquor store, I will hold him at gunpoint for the cops. He should certainly do the same thing with me. We have to police our own.
 
Old November 9th, 2011 #2302
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Steele Sentenced to 50 Years

I predict that -JC will duplicate this post as soon as he finds it online.

It is strange that Steele claims to be a political prisoner yet is allowed an hour and 15 minutes to attack the judge and prosecutor. Where was all this fire when it would have done some good? This is further proof to my satisfaction that Steele went crazy from aorta surgery. He needs medical help not imprisonment.

This is the first mention that his motion for a new trial had been denied. Now his website will be begging for more money after $120,000 of his supporters money was squandered on an incompetent now disbarred lawyer. One small blessing of this mess is that Steele has surely come to hate lawyers by now.

Quote:
http://www.krem.com/news/local/Sente...133541268.html

Steele sentenced to 50 years, bizarre courtroom behavior from him and wife

by KREM.com & Katie Utehs
Associated Press
Posted on November 9, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Updated today at 6:21 PM

COEUR D'ALENE-- Federal prosecutors have sentenced a North Idaho attorney convicted of hiring a hit man to kill his wife and mother-in-law to 50 years in prison for the failed plot. Edgar Steele, 65, will also serve three years of supervised release and pay a total of $2,836.91 in restitution to the State of Idaho Military Division, Quik Lube, and Cyndi Steele.

In his sentencing hearing Wednesday, Steele told the court via a statement he was framed, and is a victim. Steele called the proposed sentence a death sentence. Steele even dared the judge to make it a 1,000 year sentence.

In court, Edgar and Cyndi accused FBI agents, the judge and prosecutors of lying and judicial misconduct. Both were aiming directly at assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan.

After an hour and 15 minutes the judge made Steele conclude. Steele was defiant to the end saying “I refuse to recognize the authority of this court.” Cameras are not allowed in federal court but he said “I’m a political prisoner being persecuted for my views.”

His wife Cindi, whom he's accused of trying to kill, addressed the court as well. She supports her husband and blasted the court, lawyers, and FBI in a statement that continued for 30 minutes until a judge ordered her to stop. The judge also directed Cindi Steele to stop making personal attacks.

After the sentence came down Cyndi Steele begged to see the man who's convicted of trying to kill her. The U.S. Marshal's denied her request.
A jury convicted Steele in May of hiring his neighbor, Larry Fairfax, to kill his wife and mother-in-law.

In June of 2010, a pipe bomb was discovered under Cyndi Steele’s car by crews at an oil change shop before it could go off. Fairfax later confessed to the crime. Authorities say Fairfax acted as an informant for the FBI during Steele’s trial, and reached a plea bargain deal to serve only 27 months in prison.

The government's sentencing memorandum says Steele was heartless to plan the murder of his wife and depraved in manipulating a financially desperate neighbor to commit the crime.

Steele, of Sagle, Idaho, was also sentenced for using interstate commerce facilities in the commission of murder-for-hire, use of explosive material to commit a federal felony, possession of a destructive device in relation to a crime of violence, and tampering with a victim.

“Mr. Steele represents a clear danger to society and today's sentence ensures he will no longer pose a threat to our community and its residents,” said Supervisory Senior Resident Agent Don Robinson, supervisor of the Coeur d'Alene office of the FBI and the North Idaho Violent Crime Task Force.

Steele was already denied a request for a new trial. He says he'll now try to appeal. It’s unclear where Steele will serve his 50 year prison sentence.
 
Old November 9th, 2011 #2303
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Another Version of Sentencing

I predict that -JC will duplicate this post as soon as he finds it online.

Here is another version of the sentencing story.

Quote:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/i...2#.TrtS1PR8ccw

Idaho Lawyer Gets 50 Years in Wife's Murder Plot

By NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS Associated Press
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho November 10, 2011 (AP)

An Idaho attorney who once represented the white supremacist Aryan Nations group was sentenced Wednesday to 50 years in federal prison in the failed plot to kill his wife and mother-in-law.

Edgar J. Steele wanted the women dead so he could collect on an uninsured motorist insurance policy and be free to pursue a relationship with a woman from Ukraine, prosecutors said. He paid $10,000 in silver to another Idaho man who agreed to kill the women, authorities said.

The would-be hit man, Larry Fairfax, testified during Steele's trial that he accepted the silver because he was desperate for money, but never intended to carry out the plan.

Steele, 66, was convicted in May. He was sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge B. Lynn Winmill in Coeur d'Alene.

Steele, who represented Aryan Nations and founder Richard Butler during the 2000 trial that bankrupted the hate group, has always denied trying to kill his wife, and Cyndi Steele continues to support him. He told the court Wednesday he was the victim of a government conspiracy because of his political views. He demanded that the judge release him immediately.

"There is no justice today in America for the politically incorrect," Steele told Winmill. "I am a political prisoner."

Winmill and U.S. Attorney Wendy Olson both said there was no such conspiracy.


"Through his conduct, including his attempts to influence a witness, Mr. Steele earned every month in prison to which the district court sentenced him," Olson said in a statement.

Fairfax, 50, confessed to attaching a pipe bomb to Cyndi Steele's vehicle, but said he rigged it so it wouldn't go off. It was discovered when she stopped for an oil change shortly after her husband's arrest. An explosives expert said it could have detonated.

Fairfax, who worked for Steele and his wife at their ranch for years, went to the FBI and agreed to carry a hidden recording device to capture conversations about the plot between the two men at Steele's home. Steele was arrested June 11, 2010 — the day prosecutors said he believed the hit on his wife would be carried out.

In one recorded conversation, Steele told Fairfax he was upset with his wife, "but I don't want her to suffer and I don't want her to realize, as the lights are going out, what's happened."

Steele thought he could get away with murder because he believed his clean record and long career as an attorney would allow him to escape suspicion, prosecutors said.

Steele and his wife dominated the sentencing hearing, each reading lengthy statements alleging a government conspiracy to get Edgar Steele. The judge allowed each plenty of time, but ended up cutting them both off when the statements became repetitive and included personal attacks on court employees.

"We have a great marriage," Cyndi Steele told the judge.

"I am not a victim of my husband because my husband did nothing wrong," she said. "I am a victim of the government."

The Steeles both contended that Fairfax planted the bomb on his own.

Steele is well known in anti-Semitic and white supremacist circles as the attorney who defended Butler in a lawsuit brought by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The human rights group brought the case on behalf of two people who claimed they were attacked by Aryan Nations security guards; Steele lost the case, and the white supremacist group was bankrupted by the $6.3 million damages awarded to the victims.
 
Old November 9th, 2011 #2304
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Third Version of Sentencing

I predict that -JC will duplicate this post as soon as he finds it online.

Here is a third version of the sentencing story.

Quote:
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...s-murder-plot/

November 9, 2011 in News, City, Idaho
Edgar Steele sentenced to 50 years for murder plot
Meghann M. Cuniff The Spokesman-Review

Professing his innocence and blaming a vast government conspiracy, self-described “attorney for the damned” Edgar Steele was sentenced Wednesday to 50 years in federal prison for a foiled murder-for-hit plot that targeted his wife and mother-in-law with a car bomb.

In an hour-and-a-half rant before U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill in Coeur d’Alene, Steele called the case a conspiracy by the federal government, anti-hate groups and the Russian mafia to silence him for his political views and legal work.

“I, too, am a victim. My entire family is a victim. In fact, all of American society is a victim in this case,” said Steele, 66, who defended Aryan Nations founder Richard Butler in the 2000 landmark civil case that bankrupted the racist group. He also authored a book, “Defensive Racism,” and wrote essays on a website, ConspiracyPenPal.com, from his home near Shepherd Lake, southeast of Sandpoint.

“I am not delusional. I am a well-educated professional with a long track record of honesty,” Steele said, wearing a gray sweatshirt and orange jail pants. He vowed to continue fighting to prove his innocence.

“If I finally have to fire every lawyer in the in the country and hire myself, I’ll do it,” Steele said.

Winmill said it’s “human temptation to respond to claims about government corruption but it’s best not to.”

In Steele’s case, “a conspiracy can only be found if you ignore the facts and your world view dictates that there’s a conspiracy everywhere,” Winmill said.

Steele’s wife, Cyndi Steele, stood up when Winmill asked her husband to stand while he was sentenced. Cyndi Steele left the courtroom sobbing after her husband’s sentencing and repeatedly yelled “You’re all wrong!” at media and law enforcement in the courthouse hallway. The Steeles have three children, who were not in court Wednesday.

A jury in Boise convicted Steele of four felonies May 5 for paying his handyman, Larry Fairfax, in silver to kill Steele’s wife and mother-in-law with a car bomb. Prosecutors said his aim was to spend time with a young Ukrainian woman he met online. Steele called his wife after his arrest and told her to say the voice on the FBI recordings was not his, which lead to a conviction for victim tampering.

Steele’s been in jail since his arrest in June 2010. Fairfax is serving 27 months for placing a pipe bomb under Cyndi Steele’s car and not telling authorities. Steele’s law license has been suspended in Washington; he relinquished his license in Idaho to avoid disciplinary proceedings.

In an angry and tearful statement to the court, Cyndi Steele blasted the case against her husband, saying it was rife with government corruption. She called the recordings of her husband discussing the murder plot with Fairfax “elaborate fabrications.”

Her statement was cut short because she repeatedly told Winmill she wasn’t a victim of her husband, and Winmill said the speaking time was reserved for victims.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan cited Edgar Steele’s “long, long pattern of manipulative behavior” when recommending the 600-month sentence, which Winmill said is the longest he’s seen as a federal judge.

“He has repeatedly lashed out rather than accept responsibility,” Whelan said. “Never once has this defendant accepted responsibility for his own conduct. Not once.”

She said Cyndi Steele’s belief that her husband is innocent makes her husband’s crimes “no less real, no less dangerous to the community.”

Steele’s lawyer, Wesley Hoyt, asked for him to be sentenced to credit for time served. Steele reiterated that request.

“I have been improperly charged. I have been improperly tried, and I’m about to be sentenced improperly,” he said. “I demand to be released now.”

Steele criticized a U.S. marshal for looking amused during his speech. He said the idea that the government would frame him is “not so far-fetched.”

“It happens. It happens in this government and it happens in international governments,” Steele said. “These are not the lunatic rantings of a madman.”

He described errors at trial by his lawyer, Robert McAllister, of Colorado, who has since been disbarred for stealing money in a case unrelated to Steele’s. He blamed law enforcement for taking the word of Fairfax, whom he described as “oafish” and a “self-admitted pipe bomber,” over his own.

He also asked Winmill to sentence him to a thousand years in prison, saying any sentence was a life sentence at his age.

“Put me in the Guinness Book of World Records,” Steele said.

After Steele was sentenced, Assistant U.S. Attorney D. Marc Haws, who prosecuted the case with Whelan, said “Mr. Steele is responsible for everything that has befallen him. The court, federal agents, the jury have all properly fulfilled their roles, making sure justice was done.”
 
Old November 9th, 2011 #2305
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry 4th Version Done by Jail Interviewer

I predict that -JC will duplicate this post as soon as he finds it online.

Here is a fourth version of the sentencing story done by the same reporter who did his jail video interview. Go to the link below for a good video. Check out the hook nose on prosecutor Marc Haws.

Steele is embarrassed to be a lawyer. Any lawyer should be.

Quote:

http://www.kxly.com/news/29728289/detail.html

Steele Sentenced To 600 Months In Prison
Melissa Luck | KXLY4 Executive Producer
Posted: 12:30 pm PST November 9, 2011
Updated: 6:25 pm PST November 9, 2011

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho -- North Idaho attorney Edgar Steele, defiant to the end, blamed everyone from the Anti-Defamation League to the FBI and the Russian Mafia for his conviction in a murder-for-hire plot as he was sentenced to 600 months in prison Wednesday morning.

Steele was given the 50-year sentence for his role in a murder-for-hire plot to kill his wife Cyndi. Steele was convicted of hiring Larry Fairfax to plant a pipe bomb on his wife's car earlier this year. Authorities found a pipe bomb attached to his wife's car when she took it to a mechanic to get the oil changed. They also had audio recordings of Steele offering Fairfax thousands of dollars to kill his wife.

But Steele maintained, in an interview earlier this month with KXLY, that he was not at fault for the attempted pipe bombing, saying there was a vast conspiracy against him that led to his arrest. He claimed that Fairfax, who Steele described as an "oafish, North Idaho handyman", stole silver from his home then planted pipe bombs on his car in an attempt to kill him.

"I had told him about my difficulties politically with the ADL and the SPLC and the FBI," Steele said about his conversations with Fairfax. "He knew about all that. All he had to do is make one phone call to be drafted into a scheme to put me down.... He's shrewd like a weasel. Not real bright, but shrewd and conniving."

Steele, who is 64 years old, said earlier this month that no matter the length of the sentence he received it would be tantamount to a death sentence for him. "At my age, 10 years in prison is a death sentence. It doesn't matter what they give me," Steele said. "Hell, give me a thousand years, Judge. Put me in the Guiness Book of World Records - it doesn't matter to me!" He echoed those sentiments to the judge today, almost verbatim.

Before sentencing, Cyndi Steele was given the opportunity to address the court in what is typically referred to as a victim impact statement. But, it was clear from the beginning of her half-hour long address, she doesn't believe she's the victim of her husband because her husband "didn't do anything wrong." Cyndi says she was pressured by government agents and "lied to" to try and make her turn against her husband. She asked the judge to "free my husband so he can come home where he belongs."

Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan told the court, the charges aren't any less serious just because Cyndi doesn't believe them.

Edgar Steele was also given a chance to address the court before sentencing. Steele began his allocution by telling the judge his statement would be lengthy. Much of his statement focused on what he calls the conspiracy against him. He was adamant that he has been wronged, even pounding the podium at the very judge who was about to sentence him.

He told the court, "Everyone assumes I'm a liar and a bad guy and that ain't right." He repeatedly referred to himself as an officer of the court and said the real bad guys here are the FBI and the prosecutor, adding that, "America is broken. Critically, terminally broken," and that it has been hijacked by groups like the Anti-Defamation League.

During his address, Edgar Steele told the court of his love for Cyndi, calling her his soulmate and saying his heart leaps every time he sees her. Cyndi sobbed audibly in the court during her husband's address and stood up, crying, as the judge handed down the 50 year sentence. Much of the sentence was pre-determined because of a law passed by congress; it sets a minimum of 30 years in prison for violent crimes committed with explosives.

After the sentencing, Cyndi Steele begged the US Marshals for one last moment with her husband before he was taken to prison. She was denied. Cyndi then went into the hallway of the federal courthouse yelling, accusing FBI agents and Asst. U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan of lying and setting up her husband. After court, she said she was not in the right state of mind to make a statement on camera, but told reporters as she left the courthouse, "He's innocent! It's wrong."

Of Steele's lengthy indictment of the government and the legal system, Whelan replied, "Mr. Steele says he was embarrassed to be a lawyer. I think people need to know it's an honorable job and the system is working the way it's supposed to." She added, "And, don't put pipe bombs on people's cars."
Steele now has 14 days to appeal his conviction. He plans to do so.
KXLY4's Rob Kauder contributed to this report
 
Old November 9th, 2011 #2306
America First
Senior Member
 
America First's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,696
America First
Default

Hmm, so the fatso serving time for placing them gets the small sentence.
__________________
Isn't it strange that we talk least about the things we think about most?

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp
 
Old November 9th, 2011 #2307
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry 5th Version of Sentencing

I predict that -JC will duplicate this post as soon as he finds it online.

Here is a fifth version of the sentencing story. It provides information on the denial of Steele's motion for a new trial. The judge is correct. Steele had plenty of opportunities to challenge the authenticity of the recordings and pissed them away. The very least that he could have done is testify that the recordings were faked. He has no one but himself to blame for this laughing stock of a trial.

Quote:

http://www.kivitv.com/news/local/133556738.html

Edgar Steele sentenced to 50 years in murder-for-hire scheme
By Steve Bertel
CREATED 1:24 PM

Edgar Steele, 65, of Sagle, Idaho, was sentenced in United States District Court Wednesday to 50 years in prison for using interstate commerce facilities in the commission of murder-for-hire, use of explosive material to commit a federal felony, possession of a destructive device in relation to a crime of violence, and tampering with a victim, U.S. Attorney Wendy J. Olson announced.

Chief U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill also ordered Steele to serve three years of supervised release and pay a total of $2,836.91 in restitution to the State of Idaho Military Division, Quik Lube, and Cyndi Steele.

On Tuesday, in a written order, the district court rejected Steele's contentions that prosecutors or FBI agents engaged in misconduct by reviewing attorney-client communications or failing to disclose exculpatory evidence.

The district court also rejected Steele's contention that an FBI agent manipulated the recordings in which Steele made statements suggesting his own guilt.

“Steele was given ample opportunity during the [pretrial] hearing and trial to test the authenticity of the recordings,” wrote the court. “And Steele does not present any additional evidence to persuade the Court that another hearing on this issue is warranted.”

Following a seven-day trial, Steele was convicted on all counts on May 5, 2011.

At trial, the jury heard audio tapes of Steele making statements to Larry Fairfax, the person he tried to hire, confirming his participation in the murder-for-hire plot. Fairfax testified at trial that he had worked as a handyman for Steele and his wife. He testified that Steele paid him approximately $10,000 in silver coins as a down payment to kill Steele's wife and mother-in-law.

Fairfax also testified that he had installed the pipe bomb on Mrs. Steele's car in May 2010 at Edgar Steele's direction. Fairfax pled guilty and was sentenced in May to 27 months in prison for possession of an unregistered firearm and manufacturing a firearm.

In a statement released Wednesday, U.S. Attorney Olson said, “[T]he long prison sentence imposed by the Court . . . sends a necessary and strong message that trying to hire a person to commit murder, that use of a destructive device to achieve that end, is depraved and violent conduct that will be dealt with swiftly and severely by the criminal justice system. Through his conduct, including his attempts to influence a witness, Mr. Steele earned every month in prison to which the district court sentenced him.”

“Mr. Steele represents a clear danger to society and today's sentence ensures he will no longer pose a threat to our community and its residents,” said Supervisory Senior Resident Agent Don Robinson, supervisor of the Coeur d'Alene office of the FBI and the North Idaho Violent Crime Task Force.

The Steele case was investigated by members of the North Idaho Violent Crime Task Force (NIVCTF) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The NIVCTF’s members include the FBI, Idaho State Police, Kootenai County Sheriff's Department, Shoshone County Sheriff's Office, Bonner County Sheriff's Office, Coeur d'Alene Police Department, Post Falls Police Department, and the Coeur d’Alene Tribal Police Department, and is tasked with investigating a myriad of violent crimes to include armed robbery, kidnaping, felonious assault and drug trafficking.
 
Old November 10th, 2011 #2308
-JC
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,290
-JC
Default Let's take this one more time, more slowly, for the impaired...

Definition of HEARSAY EVIDENCE

: evidence based not on a witness's personal knowledge but on another's statement not made under oath

See hearsay evidence defined for kids »

Mr. Pauly writes:
"I talked to a person that had seen the love letters that Steele recently wrote to a White woman that he had never met."

and

"I predict that -JC will duplicate this post as soon as he finds it online."

Therefore, while you can't quote me regarding Mr. Steele's state of mind because I can't possibly know it, you can quote me in stating that Mr. Pauly is a prophet evidenced not only by my testimony but by the evidence here of my having duplicated "this post," which I just found.

Golly, I didn't realize that Mr. Pauly answers the NATIONAL ALLIANCE line in Las Vegas. For a time, I had VNN FORUM set to "ignore" Mr. Pauly and that's been patiently explained to him but, really, who is this thread about anyway?

__________________
If the American people ever allow a central bank to control of the issuance of their currency, the banks and the corporations that will grow up around them will, first by inflation and then by deflation, deprive the people of their property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. –Thomas Jefferson
 
Old November 10th, 2011 #2309
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry More Steamy Love Letters

I now have reports of love letters to three different White women recently written by Steele. He didn't learn anything after his love letters to his Ukrainian girlfriend Tatyana Loginova that he wrote from jail were shown to the jury. If he gets a new trial, his goose is cooked. These new love letters could show that he is dissatisfied with his wife and looking for a replacement. They will be a prosecutors wet dream.

On the other hand, these new letters really show that he went crazy after aorta surgery. This is the elephant in the living room that no one wants to talk about. His remark during his interview with Melissa Luck that "I like Obama." is incontrovertible proof that he is crazy. He has no clue what proper behavior is in his situation.
 
Old November 10th, 2011 #2310
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Fairfax Should Hang

Quote:
Originally Posted by America First View Post
Hmm, so the fatso serving time for placing them gets the small sentence.
The Federal informant indeed gets the sweetheart deal. He was the one who really endangered the public not Steele. He was not crazy and had no excuse like Steele did.
 
Old November 10th, 2011 #2311
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry First Hand Report on Hearing

I predict that -JC will duplicate this post as soon as he finds it online. This comes from an observer for Steele's website and is an interesting variation on the theme from the Judenpresse.

I have to hand it to Cyndi. She stands by her man. Unfortunately she doesn't have enough sense to tell him when he is wrong.

Quote:
http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=695#more-695

Edgar Steele sentenced at extended hearing, observer report, 11/9/2011
2011 NOVEMBER 9

Today, Mr. Steele was sentenced to a prison term of 600 months. That’s 50 years. Judge Winmill – who presided over the kangaroo court in Boise earlier this year – indicated the federal sentencing guidelines otherwise recommended a prison term of 720 months — 60 years.


Just after 9:00am the hearing (pretty much a formality) to announce sentence lasted until approximately 12:20pm, over an hour later the expected conclusion. This first-hand observation of the devastating blow to all the work we have done continues to prove two unequivocal facts: the Amerikan Judiciary, prosecutorial, FBI and policing agencies are corrupt and in collusion, and the public print and broadcast Media is overwhelmingly pro-system, running interference for said entities.

After the court preliminaries were discussed and initial prosecution and defense housekeeping was dealt with, Mrs. Cyndi Steele was given a chance to speak to the court. Her prepared statements would have run an hour (or more) all told, had Judge Winmill not interrupted twice, first to advise her that revisiting any Boise trial issues was not pertinent, whereupon he interrupted a second time to essentially shut her down before she had spoke her mind. Mrs. Steele talked much about her relationship and history with Edgar, their children, their lives. She made emphatic, directed comments to AUSA Whelan, FBI Agent Sotka and even the court. Much of the time she held her emotions from overflowing; still, her supporters could do little but watch as she verbally dressed-down the real victimizers in the room.

The Edgar Steele Defense Fund Board attended, along with 6 other dedicated pro-Steele supporters. There may have been some Larry Fairfax proponents in the courtroom, but this was not confirmed. The local Media was strongly represented. US Marshal’s staff, FBI agents were also present. Mr. Steele wore a white sweater over his bright-orange jail clothes. At least they did not have K-9 units patrolling the parking lot, though there seemed to be more US Marshals in attendance than at prior hearings in Coeur d’Alene.

When Ms. Whelan spoke to the court, there was an uncanny “chummy” feel about the back-and-forth between her and Judge Winmill. She and the Judge are consummate masters of presenting their dirty deeds with a polished luster of authority and truthful fairness. Ms. Whelan registered a soft complaint about the pointed remarks that Mrs. Steele had directed her way.

When Edgar’s attorney Wes Hoyt was asked to take the podium, he announced Mr. Steele would present his allocution to the court.

The next 40 minutes was spellbinding, and numerous times the room was hear-a-pin-drop silent, except for Mr. Steele’s voice. He enumerated the many lies, deceits and illegal/unconstitutional machinations that he had experienced right from the point he was arrested 6/11/2010. Twice during this span, Judge Winmill interrupted, once to “advise” that Mr. Steele’s revisiting of the Boise trial issues was not pertinent, and then to announce a recess – along with his concern that this hearing was “running over its expected time-frame”. Mr. Steele firmly stood up to the Judge saying he would speak his mind at length, no matter how long it took. There was a 15 minute break.

Mr. Steele resumed his presentation, very often looking back at his wife, at various members of the court. There were many times his criticisms – even damnations – flew directly at the Judge, who sometimes appeared attentive, sometimes distracted. Frequently he drove home the point that since he had not been heard speaking on his own behalf up to this moment, it was nigh time that he speak out. ”What’s wrong with this picture. . . Judge??” followed many topics he addressed.

As he had done with Mrs. Steele, Judge Winmill interrupted this segment perhaps 3 times, the last of which to draw a 15-minute limit (Edgar had been speaking for an additional 35 or so minutes). Mr. Steele did firmly proclaim his innocence and did state he believed all the charges should be reversed and that he be released.

It was tense as various attendees looked to the rear of the courtroom to the clock on the wall, trying to track when this last time limit would be reached. Mr. Steele noted he had many pages of allocution statements, then ended his comment at what seemed the moment the Judge would have perhaps forced him to take his seat.

Back to his “move-it-along” pushing, the Judge went through the sentencing guidelines, appeal and other housekeeping. After confirming no further responses from prosecution or defense, he had Mr. Steele stand (Cyndi also stood in the observer’s area) and pronounced sentence.

It was a very dark moment for our camp.

When the adjournment was announced, as people shuffled out of the court, Mrs. Steele with great upset and passion, loudly made her thoughts clear. After 10 minutes in the hallway outside the courtroom – where Media people hovered to see if they could pounce on Mrs. Steele, the court staff began prodding people to leave.

Here are some points that this writer made mental note of to recount here:

AUSA Whelan and colleague USA Mark Haas had at the ready their prosecution press releases, which they handed out in “old friends” fashion to Media, as if the master was giving bones to the dogs around his feet. This was soon after attendees exited the court.
During Mr. Steele’s allocution, perhaps 3 times he turned and emphatically pointed to 2 US Marshal men who were behind him as he stood at the podium, tongue-lashing them for snickering audibly when the manufactured Fairfax recordings were discussed. ”Right… go ahead and snicker” (or similar) was angrily sent their way.
In these many hearings Judge Winmill has presided over, he shows a pattern of sometimes rambling about his judicial supervision of the hearing flow, even sometimes deftly inserting a snide comment in subtle fashion. He did this when talking about Mr. Steele having “3 years court supervision upon his release”. This was so patently absurd, thinking that at age 116 Edgar would be released and have need for such supervision.
Just before the hearing was closed, Mrs. Steele’s attorney asked if she could have a few moments contact with her husband before all parties went their way. The Judge turned this over to the US Marshals in the court. Eventually no such last contact was granted.
Exiting the courthouse, now 4, maybe 5 Media outlets had set up cameras some dozen yards from the entrance, at the ready to get footage of Mrs. Steele’s heightened emotion as she walked with her attorney to the parking lot. She brusquely stated “No Comment!” and drove away.
The Media remained to interview the prosecution team, appearing a gaggle of peas in a pod. When Media reports are linked here on FES, the viewer will have full chance to see their for-show babble about “justice has been served, a guilty man has received his punishment”.
During his presentation, Mr. Steele clearly and strongly said “I am a political prisoner”.
ADL (“Anti-defamation league” — a pro-Jewish attack dog group) involvement with the judicial agencies was mentioned, pointing to their clear motive to vilify then silence Mr. Steele’s First Amendment rights.
Dear Amerikan “System”: you’ve won a significant battle. But you have not won the war. Your illegality and rogue targeting of citizenry in the nation once called America will be exposed in full. Edgar Steele will be exonerated and freed. For now, bask in your connivance, celebrate that you operate a dirty machine with evil intent, all behind the mask of continuing to buffalo the public.
 
Old November 10th, 2011 #2312
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Cyndi's Planned Statement at Sentencing

I predict that -JC will duplicate this post as soon as he finds it online. Here is the statement by Cyndi which was cut short at her husband's sentencing.


Quote:
http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=698#more-698

Text of Mrs. Cyndi Steele’s victim statement, sentencing hearing, 11/9/2011
2011 NOVEMBER 10
by admin
(Here is the full text of the statement Mrs. Steele had planned to present at her husband’s sentencing hearing. Due to constraint by Judge Winmill, not all of this was read into the court record.)


STATEMENT OF A VICTIM — CYNDI STEELE

YOUR HONOR

A. WHAT IS AT STAKE

THE TRUTH and JUSTICE are what’s at stake here today. It was my Mother’s life, my children’s lives and their futures and my life that were at stake according to the government. However, what is at stake is my husband and how this affects my Mother, our children and me. Also, how it affects my husband.

B. FAMILY AND MARITAL BACKGROUND

Ed and I first met on March 13th, 1984 and were married on April 27, 1985. To summarize our 26 years of marriage, I would have to say that we have a great marriage. We worked as a team in work, raising our children, helping out other family members whether it was his side or my side of the family, and in our dreams, whether they were our individual dreams or combined dreams as a couple. Perfect? No. Ed and I have done very well and had only one blip in our marriage 11 years ago. It was a rough time for so many reasons and we both made mistakes, which the counselor we saw was amazed that we were still together. Well, it was the strength of our love that kept us together, allowed us to forgive each other for our mistakes and to reestablish, as well as improve, our communications between each other. Without going into details, I will just refer to the Pina Colada song by Jimmy Buffett, which describes this blip in our marriage to a tea.

During the first 10 years, for me it was supporting my husband building his own law practice, where I worked a long side him as a receptionist, file clerk, paralegal, secretary and wherever he needed the help in his practice. It supported us financially and supported our desire to have and raise a family. At the same time, Ed supported my dancing, whether it was dancing with the Civic Light Opera or teaching, always giving me the time and space to pursue my dancing. And though these were really our individual dreams, they really became our dream. His dreams became mine and my dreams became his, because for the both of us the happiness of the other was a dream in itself. Yet, we had our common dream of us and raising a family, which was always our most valued dream in our hearts.

By 1990, we had 3 beautiful children. Our oldest daughter, who biologically was from my disastrous 1st marriage, Ed, of his own decision, asked and willingly adopted Nicole to raise, support and love her as his own. An unselfish act that I never even asked of him, for she was not his responsibility nor did he have a moral obligation to do so. However, out of his love for me and her, he chose to officially become her father; to raise, support and love her through all the good times and rough times of raising a child. As we added a son and another daughter to our family, most only knew Ed and I as the father and mother of 3 children. Ed and I strived together as a team to treat our children equally and fairly, to raise them as strong, moral, independent individuals, who would have the ability to successfully live happy, productive lives in whatever direction that their dreams would take them.

I stand here equally proud of the three children that Ed and I raised, though they are still at different stages and are on different paths they have become wonderful young adults and will be a credit to this world as they follow their own unique path. Our children’s accomplishments are their own, but Ed and I can humbly each take full credit for our teamwork in raising, supporting and loving them. We were an excellent team in raising our children. Raising our children was easy when we agreed, but when we didn’t, we communicated and decided the best approach to each issue together and then supported our mutual decision.

It was together that we left California in search of a better environment to raise our children and we moved to the beautiful state of Idaho. It was to be a place that was closer to the wholesome country that both Ed and I were raised in, instead of the city where there seemed to be so many more issues and potentially bad influences upon our children. This was a choice that Ed initiated because our family and our children’s welfare and best interests were far more important than any of the financial benefits to staying in California.

We, together, built a beautiful ranch and a place that we came to call “home.” As we had with our other homes, we worked together to make improvements, additions and this time, to build a place for horses, cows, pigs, chickens, dogs and cats. Actually, I should say that Ed did the work as I worked a long side him learning how to do the many things he already knew how to do. Ed performed the tilling, plumbing, drywall installation (including taping, sanding and mudding), building walls, clearing fields, building fences and anything else that a ranch requires. He hayed, he fed, ran a tractor and backhoe, shoveled and moved manure, he handled all aspects of horses and so many other jobs to list here. He, also, was involved with the cows, pigs and chickens we raised for a time. And, truth, the cows, pigs and chickens were more Ed’s dream, than mine, but we worked together. So, Mr. Haws lied about my husband when he stated, ED was “not much interested in, nor very adept at, taking care of the chores on a rural ranch property, a ranchette. He was not a rancher or a farmer.”

He could and he did do chores and more around our place than Haws probably even thought of doing. Well, wait, I’ll take that statement back about Mr. Haws, because I have not been witness to his life and that statement is just as unfair as his was about my husband, because he was not a witness to who my husband is. It just served his purpose of making him look like a lesser of a person, though I know many that have never ranched and farmed and that certainly doesn’t make them any less worthy. In fact, my grandfather who owned and ran a prestigious, dairy farm in Oregon would have been proud to have my husband work by his side and would have accepted him as his grandson-in-law because of his good character whether he was a farmer or not. But no, you have the word of Larry Fairfax, the lying, “pipe-bomber” who was more than willing to provide you with the “anticipated testimony” you expected at my husband’s trial, in exchange for not being charged with attempted murder and a “soft” plea deal.

And YES, Ms. Whelan, it was together our ranch was developed. Not just because it was “my dream.” The ranch and all it is, was by far more my husband’s idea than mine. He wanted to find a place for me to be able to have horses, because he got as much joy at supporting my dream as I appreciated and enjoyed the dream that we built together. The barn with an inside arena was his idea and of his making. The horses were just as much him as me, as he looked, found and purchased some of the herd himself. When it became more than we could continue to support, we mutually agreed to disburse most of the herd. That is why on the day of his arrest, there was only 4 horses instead of the 20-30 horses we were managing in the previous years.

Plus 3 of the outer buildings were for what were Ed’s dreams; a shop for his building projects, an equipment shed for working on cars and a 5 car garage, which he had planned for some of the classic cars he wanted to invest in.

C. CONTROVERSIAL LAW PRACTICE

At the same time, Ed had my support as he became active in defending our Freedom of Speech and other rights, which led him to representing many clients pro bono, speaking out about injustices, writing a book and many articles. And though his topics were considered “politically incorrect” in today’s society, because so many viewed it as being racist, I can say that they really haven’t listened and don’t truly know him. If they did, they would know that at the core is his belief of Justice for All and Special Rights for None. They would know that even though he believes this country is in serious trouble and fears the day will come that this country will be up in arms, he always advocated change through speech and through legal avenues. He always spoke against violence and has never been violent.

He has been put on “hate” lists and had many negative labels thrown at him, but I can tell you that the hate I have witnessed is from those very groups. One of those groups being the ADL, who this court used in official court paperwork as one of its bases to deny my husband bail, among other reasons being his writings, his book and his internet presence. That means the US Government denied my husband bail because of the way he exercised his Constitutional right of freedom of speech; shame on all of you for doing that to him. Agent Sotka, told me that he knew nothing about my husband, and yet he had all this false information that was fed to him by hate groups such as the ADL and the SPLC. Did he lie to me to try and get me to testify on his side? Well, that is witness tampering by the Government? Where are the criminal charges against him for committing that crime? He told me he knew absolutely nothing of my husband, that my husband was just a local person and was not an important person. So how is it that Agent Sotka could tell me that my husband was a liar? Was it his attempt to dispel my knowledge of my husband being honest (actually brutally honest) or was he just taking the word of the likes of the ADL, who cheer the demise of my husband because they don’t like the way he exercises his free speech. And what about those death threats that the FBI investigated but now denies any knowledge of? The likes of which death threats came to our young children and I and my husband. The terrified look of our daughter, then 9 years old, is still etched in my mind.

D. GOVERNMENT MANUFACTURES A MOTIVE

From the beginning this was a case in search of a motive. Well, there was none. First, when I was contacted by the Government agents, they were claiming that Ed’s motive involved life insurance. I knew this was wrong. This claim by them also proved wrong. So…, they then accused me of having an affair. In order to get me to believe their made up plot, the government agents lied to me and said that they had photographs of me that would support this specious claim. I knew that was a lie, too, but it still hurts to know that they would make up a lie about me like that to me. So, I am a victim, but only a victim of the slander by government agents and the pipe bomb a government informant attached to my car. I am not a victim of my husband, because my husband did nothing wrong. The recordings were an elaborate fabrication.

When that all failed, they latched onto information and selectively utilized Ed’s book research to manufacture a motive. The “Russian Bride” claim is so bogus as four witnesses testified. I knew that Ed was using these communications as his research and saw confirmation of the consistency between many different Russian women who were being exploited as a part of a human trafficking scam. Of course, it suited the government’s needs to single out only one of these women and then McAllister failed to put into evidence the many other women my husband had investigated as part of this scam. I am not as shallow as Ms. Whelan enjoys portraying, for if it was anything else other than an investigation that I knew it to be, I would have freed Ed and moved on. But, this was the background work for his next book to show how they prayed on older men in America. How every one of the 25 or so women he contacted made the same requests, in order, using the same language, send me candy for $25, send me flowers for $50, send me English lessons for $500; and thousands to pay for a trip for the woman to come to America. It was a repeated pattern, like a broken record and he was getting the goods on this scam. He had tracked it to a Florida company that was making a huge profit out of this and had talked to one of the translators sufficient to be able to expose the fraud; that is, until his arrest.

Oh yes, Agent Sotka, there was, also, his claim that my husband was cashing in silver without my knowledge. Just another lie, for it was for the purpose of paying down our debt which Ed and I had agreed upon from our discussions. Then Agent Sotka and Ms. Whelan claimed this silver we sold was the same $45,000 of silver that Fairfax had stolen. They knew better, because I had accounted for the silver the FBI had confiscated and I accounted for the silver that we sold, which matched my theft report. What was still missing was the $45,000 stolen by Fairfax. My husband sold $50,000 of silver and then he paid $15,000 in bills by the time he was arrested. The remaining $35,000 was still in our account, which gave me money to survive. But Ms. Whelan presented this to the jury and made it appear that the $45,000 Fairfax stole was somehow the same as the $50,000 my husband sold, when they knew it wasn’t.

The timing of when the government claims this plot began does not add up. They initially claimed it began on December 9, 2009, the very day my husband was checking out of the hospital from surviving the aortic aneurysm that almost killed him. He was still not thinking clear and was in such poor physical condition that he was brought home in a wheelchair. Unfortunately, this was 2 weeks before he was expected to be released and I was in Oregon taking care of my Mom who was also in the hospital. So our son came home from college and then we got a live in nurse to be with him until I could get back home. Then during trial they claimed it began in January and that doesn’t add up, either. I was home all of January, Fairfax was not around and the phone records show there were no conversations between Fairfax and my husband. My husband had 3 more procedures, with the last one on May 5th, which was another life threatening aneurysm nasal cavity and required emergency surgery. Again I was in Oregon taking care of my mom’s medical needs following surgery when Ed called to tell me that he was headed to the hospital for this emergency surgery. He bravely tried to convince me that my mom needed me more. However, knowing him very well, I could hear how scared he was, so I got someone to take care of my mom and immediately flew home. He didn’t know I was coming, because I didn’t want him to worry if I didn’t get there before his surgery. Especially since I wasn’t sure I could make it in the 5 hours I had from when he called. I managed to get there just as he was being taken to the operating room and the big smile and tears of relief streaming down his face when he saw me walk-in was priceless. He couldn’t have been any happier seeing me and knowing that I was going to be there when he woke up. This was not a reaction from a person who was supposedly plotting to have me killed. During his recovery, about the only thing he was able to do was sit and work at his computer as he suffered major headaches from the last surgery. It was only that last week in May that he was starting to be more mobile, but was still on a lot of medications to help with pain and sleeping, including the day of his arrest. Unfortunately, he was unable to follow through with the proper follow-up care and to this day suffers from headaches from the titanium clips in his head.

E. AGENT SOTKA/RECORDINGS

Before, during and after I listened to the recordings in June 2010, I was continually pressured by Agent Sotka as to what I was to believe, think and say, no matter what I knew to be true. I felt like I was being pressured to buy into the government’s story, weather I agreed or not and before I was provided any proof. It was evident from his tampering that he wanted me to fall in line with what the government was trying to get me to believe, that my husband intended to kill me. There was only one thing I was interested in, and that was the TRUTH and I was not making any decision on the authenticity of those recordings one way or the other, until I could hear them. I knew what I believed, but I know that belief is not necessarily truth. I thank God that I have had an excellent up-bringing, have strong morals and the strength to stand up for what is morally right, in spite of the pressure being put on me by the government to do otherwise.

I can enumerate a long list of the lies that were told by one government official or another, but for this moment I’m going to directly address the recordings. Recordings that I was to eventually learn were pure fabrications and were not true, continuous conversations between my husband and Larry Fairfax. And, though I have been accused differently, I took what the FBI told me seriously and did not align myself with my husband until after I had listened to the recordings and learned for myself that those recordings were not trustworthy because they were highly suspicious and unreliable.

Of course, it was 10 days before I was allowed to hear those recordings – well, that is 2 of the recordings, since I was repeatedly told by Agent Sotka that a 3rd recording wasn’t “ready,” yet. That is the recording from the day of my husband’s arrest. Apparently, that 3rd recording never has been ready, because to this day I have NOT heard it. Though, a recording is a recording and once recorded there is nothing to get “ready” other than push the play button, I was repeatedly denied the opportunity to listen to it. Since the official transcript of that 3rd recording showed that one whole hour had been lost due to technical difficulties, it is apparent to me that the government was again covering up evidence that could harm its case. Either they were not able to re-make the 3rd recording into an incriminating discussion the way that the recordings of June 9th and 10th were manipulated or there was actually proof of my husband’s innocence. There was only testimony by Agent Sotka and Officer Spike about this. However, Agent Sotka lied on the stand about me and probably lied about my husband as well.

When I finally was allowed to hear the recordings, I went in with an open mind, because there was only one thing I wanted, and that was the truth. I listened carefully and very attentively to both recordings and when all was said and done, I ended up leaving more horrified by my observation that the voices on the recording had been manipulated than by anything else. Frankly, I didn’t think that was possible after discovering a bomb on my car. But these police state tactics of fabricating evidence against an innocent person to make him a political prisoner just became a reality and I was then scared of the power of the FBI to create crimes that never occurred and blame my husband for them. A concept that I had never bought into, because I always think the best of people and never think bad about anybody until it is proven to me.

I was horrified, because of what I feared was going to prove that my husband wanted me dead, proved to me that I had just finished listening to two recordings that were fabricated to falsely convict my husband. A relief on one hand to know my husband wasn’t out to kill me, but, horrified that my government was out to get him. Yet, knowing that people who didn’t know my husband’s voice would be the ones to determine his innocence or guilt made me fear that my husband would not get a just trial. No one else was going to know his voice as well as I.

I was horrified, because I heard the word “bomb,” which was on the June 9th recording, which made me realize that the government had to know about a bomb as early as June 9th and that they were lying to me saying they didn’t know until June 15th. What scared me also was the fact that the government did nothing to search for a bomb or even warn me about the potential of a bomb when they knew on June 9th and sent FBI agents to my mother’s house on the morning of June 11th, which means they were willing to let that bomb continue to be attached to my car, at the risk of my life and the lives of everyone around me, so that they could make an example out of my husband. I was stunned when Agent Sotka’s excuse was because “he didn’t hear it,” since he had told me, on June 12th that he had listened closely to the recordings as they were being recorded and had taken notes of all the important statements, listing the ones he thought were threatening, but never any mention of a bomb.

Under the false impression that he only listened to the recording once, I had no choice but to accept that he missed that important detail. Of course, now I know that was a lie, since Agent Sotka testified he didn’t listen at the time the recordings were supposedly made. The point is, he testified that he listened to the recording three times before he sent out Larry Fairfax on June 10th. Twice after the download to his computer on June 9th and once the next morning in the presence of his FBI Supervisor Don Robinson and Traci Whelan. The testimony was that all three listened to the recording of June 9th on the morning of June 10th at the US Attorney’s Office in Coeur d’Alene.

How can anyone who is trained in law enforcement investigation say that the word “bomb” wasn’t heard on the recording after being listened to a total of 5 times, 3 times by Sotka, once by Whelan and once by Robinson? That is not just carelessness, it is criminal negligence for them to have missed it; or maybe he and Agent Robinson and Ms. Whelan did not want to admit they knew about the word “bomb” because that would defeat their little scheme to point the finger at my husband and put them in a precarious position.

If the word bomb was not on the recording, and Agent Sotka was being honest and Agent Robinson did not hear it and act irresponsible and AUSA Whelan didn’t hear it because it wasn’t there, then, I must ask, just exactly when did the word “bomb” get added to the recording, your honor? During the 6 days between June 15th when I discovered the bomb on my car and when I finally was allowed to hear the recordings on June 21st? Of course, when did the word “car” show up in front of the word “bomb,” because it wasn’t on the recording when I first heard it in June, and was not there until I heard the recording again in March?

So, if the word “bomb” was on the recording, on June 9th and 10th, then your honor, why wasn’t I warned about being in danger and a search for a bomb done immediately? Does this mean the government deliberately put my life and anyone around me in danger for a minimum of 5 days. Well, maybe less, since there is no proof as to when that bomb was put on my car. It’s claimed that Ed left the back door unlocked for Fairfax to put the bomb on my car May 27th. That’s a lie. I was the last one out of the house that day and the last thing I did was lock all the doors. Then there was Fairfax’ trip to Oregon on May 30th, which testimony didn’t prove that there was a bomb on my car at that time – it was testified that it wasn’t seen on my car. Was his trip to Oregon to actually cash in the additional $35,000 of silver, so it couldn’t be discovered as the $10,000 of silver he sold locally was discovered? Anyway, the two FBI agents didn’t witness any bomb on my car on June 11th, either. The only thing known for sure is that the bomb was on my car on June 15th when I was in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.

I was back in Idaho, (June 13th and 14th), 2 days before discovering the bomb and there were plenty of times that my car was out of my sight for long periods of time. Of course, this follows more closely to the anonymous tips we’ve had, including the one that Ms. Whelan so crudely laughed at, when presented the recording by my attorney at that time. The government knowing about the bomb all along, would go a long way towards explaining to me why a U.S. Marshal told me in this court on June 15th that the government wouldn’t be providing me protection just a few hours after I discovered a bomb on my car, and that didn’t make any sense because that was before they got Fairfax to come forward with a confession. How did they know I was no longer in danger, because I had just discovered the bomb, unless they knew about it all along and it was the only one?

I thank God every day that I decided to have my oil changed that day, just to pass time, to avoid further complications with car problems and that bomb didn’t explode. I still have nightmares over the mere thought of what could have happened if it had exploded. Then, what if I hadn’t discovered the bomb before pulling into the Federal Courthouse that day? Would it have been discovered by security and I would have found myself falsely arrested, too? Was that the plan all along? After all, Sotka admitted on June 15th that they were checking me out, so was Fairfax just their fall guy, because they weren’t expecting me to discover the bomb before my husband’s hearing? Is this why Fairfax claims he was stabbed in the back by the FBI, because he wasn’t supposed to get any jail time for his deeds, but was forced to accept some jail time since someone had to take the blame after I mistakenly found the bomb?

Even with all the above, and even though I was the best expert on my husband’s voice (with 25, now 26, years of marriage), the attorneys and I knew the recordings needed to be analyzed by audio experts. I wanted the recordings analyzed as to whether or not the recordings were authentic. As much as Agent Sotka was telling me that I had to believe the recordings were authentic, when (after hearing the recordings) I didn’t believe them to be authentic, I knew that my testimony wasn’t going to be good enough, despite it being the truth. Besides, with all the pressure and accusations being thrown at me, Ed needed solid verification. After all, I was well aware of what was at stake. If they were authentic, it was my life and I value my life first and foremost and will not put my life at risk for anyone. If they were not authentic, it was my husband’s freedom. My alignment is always with truth and justice, which is the way I have always done throughout my life.

In the end it didn’t matter, because the experts who could verify that the recordings were fabricated were denied from testifying, so the jury never heard the proof that the evidence against my husband was false. And, then the prosecution did its best to destroy me on the stand with their lies; Sotka testified I didn’t cooperate – yes I did, which the FBI Agent from Oregon testified that I did cooperate, making Agent Sotka a liar. The problem Sotka had was that I just wasn’t willing to lie for him. For instance, my husband did not threaten to divorce me – no, Sotka added the wording of divorce to my statement. When I tried to explain when the word “divorce” occurred in, I got cut-off, I was not allowed to tell the truth. Then Ed’s ineffective assistance of counsel did nothing to see that the whole truth was heard by the jury. Because Ed used the word divorce when he had just come off being on a respirator for 9 days and was hallucinating about a lot of things, because of the medical effects he was suffering from after the aortic aneurysm that almost killed him. And this was only one of the many truths that McAllister didn’t bother to elicit from me on the witness stand.

Then, as I learned after the trial, McAllister too, was lying to me. The most outrageous was that McAllister said that my husband did not want him to subpoena Dr. Papcun to trial, but assured me that he would be available to testify if allowed. Of course, then the flip-flop rulings, that he could not testify, then he could testify by video conference, then he could not testify by video conference, then he had to be there by 8:30 a.m to testify or he would be excluded as a witness, these rulings in sequence, hammered the final nail in the coffin, which denied the jury the opportunity to hear at least one audio expert; an audio expert that was prepared to be at trial, was willing to appear by video conference and then when that was ruled out, was willing to come back to the USA, which he could have made just a few hours later than 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 4th, 2011. He would have been there except for McAllister’s failure to follow his client’s orders and the flip-flop rulings and unwillingness to allow 8 more hours which would have been enough to get Dr. Papcun to the courthouse. Of course, if we would have had the time from when you ruled the audio expert could testify by video conference on Monday, May 2, 2011, by simply ruling that he had to be there in person to testify by Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 8:30 a.m., he could easily have made it.

One last point regarding the recordings presented at trial, they did not match the copies given to the defense. When I heard the recordings again at trial, I was flabbergasted that the recordings were yet again manipulated. I had informed McAllister, so he knew this, but again did nothing. At trial, there was the noise of a pack of tic tacs shaking, creating background noise that made it hard to hear portions of the recording, which clearly was a cover up for some defect that the government wanted to hide from the jury. I know this tic tac noise was not on the recordings previously given to the defense by the government, because I listened to those recordings many times. But, you judge would not do your job by holding a hearing on the motion for new trial and so that you could consider the evidence that the tic-tac noise was added after copies were made for the defense, which evidence proves the government was tampering with the evidence and the recordings were not authentic. May I ask: What does it take to get you to do your job?

F. MR. McALLISTER DID NOT DO HIS JOB.

Mr. McAllister literally missed every opportunity to present the threads of evidence that would have shown the Jury the entire story and proven Agent Sotka was lying on critical points. I do not know what it would have taken for Mr. McAllister to have done his job, but he certainly was preoccupied by his own grief over having taken bankruptcy and the prospect of losing his bar license after 37 years and a distinguished career. At least he was man enough to admit that he was incapable of defending my husband because of his personal problems. Isn’t that what the doctrine of Ineffective Assistance of Counsel is all about? Shouldn’t my husband have a new trial when his own attorney screws up so badly that he can’t even tell the difference between questions and answers, that he starts reading the answer from his preparation sheet, instead of the question? He got so flustered he could barely continue and almost immediately sat down without asking important questions that would have provided valuable evidence. This is what I would call pathetic – and a great travesty of justice. No one can ever say that my husband received a fair trial when his own attorney failed to perform as a trial lawyer – all Mr. McAllister did was show up and rely upon his reflexes developed after 37 years of practice as a veteran, but he did not offer one shred of the evidence available to prove my husband’s innocence. Why wasn’t there a hearing on the question of Ineffective Assistance of Counsel? From the Affidavits there was sufficient evidence to raise the issue to a moral certainty. How is it that the Government has such a strong hold on the court that it can’t seem to make an independent decision and only does what the prosecutor allows it to do? This court knows in its heart that my husband was cheated out of a meaningful defense by an attorney who was about to go under, like a drowning man, he could not help himself because he knew the disbarment was coming, yet he took the money and came to court every day to put on the pretense that he was defending my husband, deluding himself and fooling all of us who were watching. Mr. McAllister should have recognized his predicament and asked for help. The court should order that my husband is entitled to a new trial because his attorney, by his own admission, could not and did not effectively represent him.

F. GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE WHALEN

As shown by Ms. Whelan’s malicious attempts to portray me as someone who suffers from “Stockholm Syndrome,” and a slew of other false accusations and insults reveals her lack of ethics, immaturity and ignorance. In fact, no one, outside of the government’s attempt that is, influenced me on what position I was to take, because I had ONLY one interest – THE TRUTH.

Ms. Whelan’s accusation that they couldn’t deal with me because I had an attorney, was not true, either. I did not have an attorney until after June 15th. The attorneys I was calling that weekend, were for my husband, because no matter what the truth was, he had the right to representation. In fact, Agent Sotka knew the night of the 15th as he was giving my car back, that I hadn’t hired an attorney yet, because he advised me that there was no need for me to hire an attorney and told me that if it was his mother in my situation, he would advise her to not hire an attorney; he was using psychological tactics to try and convince me that he cared about me as much as he cared about his mother, which was very unprofessional and manipulative. Where was his care for me in regards to the bomb? Where was his care for me in telling the truth about me?

G. MY MOM

Due to the numerous and serious health issues my mom has suffered the past two years, with cancer and multiple surgeries, including a major bypass for which she is still in recovery for, she is unable to be here. She wanted to be here and was willing to risk her health, but the doctors said “no” and I did too, for this has taken enough of a toll on her already failing health as it is. If she was here, though, she would tell you about the care that Ed always provided generously throughout our marriage, including the month prior to his arrest. The amount of approximately $3,000 that he paid to allow her to have a short sale on her house and be able to stay in it until closing, so she didn’t have to try to move while she was so ill. He did this out of care and respect for her as she was an important part of our family. It is why he had a building site created on our place for a small manufactured home for if and when the day she would choose to move to be with us. His care for my mom is why he supported my trips to Oregon during those 6 months prior to his arrest, and even when he too was in need of care because of all his health issues. So, it was 6 months of going back and forth, tending to the one with the most critical needs for two people who I loved a lot. He knew mom needed help because of her being in and out of the hospital from multiple surgeries. He knew I was working to get her home fixed and sold for her. He knew I was teaching dance at her studio trying to keep her business a float for her, so hopefully she could return to her source of income when she recovered. He knew that it was important for me to spend some time with my mom, because he well understood how hard it would have been on me if she didn’t recover.

Those six month were not easy, but we were making the best of the situation and talking about when I returned home and when he was recovered from his last surgery in May about all the things we wanted to do. Ed even suggested that we take up ballroom dancing as we both had a passion for Dancing with the Stars and other activities we could enjoy together. We talked about finally doing some more traveling and seeing the world. When I wasn’t home, the phone became our best companion and treasured moments such as a card or flowers showing up at my mom’s doorstep for me, from my sweetie. When I was home, our time together was treasured with long talks and just being together. We would have done more, but he was still recovering from all the surgeries he had in those 6 months.

H. CONCLUSION

So a year and a half has brought us to this day where I’m supposed to stand here as a victim… a victim of my husband. How do I do that, when he is not the one that has victimized me. How do I do that, when the only ones I have been victimized by is Larry Fairfax, our own government agents, an overly aggressive woman prosecutor, and yes your honor, even this court system itself with its own prejudices has victimized me. Of course, this means that my husband is a victim as well.

Yet, no matter what I have said here today, there is only one thing that matters. Today, there is great injustice being done. As the alleged victim and the wife of the falsely accused, I have to ask your honor, that a stop is put to this injustice and the court free my husband so he can come home, where he belongs and so our family can be whole again. Otherwise, at least grant him a new trial so he gets a trial that is fair. He is innocent and has wrongly been convicted of crimes he did NOT commit. Otherwise, the court is condemning an innocent man and destroying his family. The court will not only be sentencing an innocent man to what is a death sentence, but it will wrongly be sentencing his children to live without their father and wrongly be sentencing me, his wife, to live without her husband. How am I supposed to see that as justice?

It has been the lies, the misconduct, the violations of my statutory crime victim rights, violations of the constitution, the unfair trial, ineffective assistance of counsel by McAllister and the false conviction that is causing my family to be destroyed, my finances (including retirement savings) to deplete such that I fear bankruptcy and a host of other issues, too long to list here. It is because of all these injustices that has made me a VICTIM!

Your honor, I understand that this court does not honestly know me, and what little is known of me has been under what I consider to be the worst circumstances ever. However, as Agent Sotka well knows, I will go out of my way to always do the morally right thing; as he witnessed when I went out of my way and expense to return an inexpensive pair of reading glasses that I forgot to return after they were loaned to me, but he wouldn’t let that be known because that would portray my good moral character. No, he had to lie about me. Well, fine, because I know who I am and can hold my head up high because I know the only thing I have stood up for is the truth. And if the truth was as the government claims, I wouldn’t be standing up for my husband here today, because as I have said, I will not put my life at risk for anyone. So the reason I’m standing here today, is because I know my husband is innocent and he rightfully should be at home or after all the misconduct, he at the very least deserves a new trial with counsel who can and will present his case.
 
Old November 11th, 2011 #2313
VikingWarrior
Kill The 'Kwa
 
VikingWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vinland
Posts: 1,473
Blog Entries: 1
VikingWarrior
Default

Loon

1. Informal a simple-minded or stupid person
2. Northeast Scot dialect a lad
3. (Historical Terms) Archaic a person of low rank or occupation (esp in the phrase lord and loon)
[origin obscure]

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

 
Old November 11th, 2011 #2314
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity
 
Leonard Rouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: With The Creepy-Ass Crackahs
Posts: 8,156
Leonard Rouse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingWarrior View Post
Loon

1. Informal a simple-minded or stupid person
2. Northeast Scot dialect a lad
3. (Historical Terms) Archaic a person of low rank or occupation (esp in the phrase lord and loon)
[origin obscure]

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Which definition are you construing applies to Steele? He isn't simple-minded, stupid, a lad, nor is he of low rank or occupation.
 
Old November 11th, 2011 #2315
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity
 
Leonard Rouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: With The Creepy-Ass Crackahs
Posts: 8,156
Leonard Rouse
Default

Persecution
(pûr'sĭ-kyū'shən)
n.
The act or practice of persecuting on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs that differ from those of the persecutor.

The condition of being persecuted.

persecutional per'se·cu'tion·al adj.

See Edgar Steele.

 
Old November 11th, 2011 #2316
VikingWarrior
Kill The 'Kwa
 
VikingWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vinland
Posts: 1,473
Blog Entries: 1
VikingWarrior
Default

Lenny, you need to read this exhaustive thread and see what Donald has unearthed, as a good VNN reporter. Sure Steele was on the Fed-Radar, but the facts remain, Eddy wanted to "off" his wife AND Mother-in-law so as he could be with his Eastern European honey.

...It's not rocket science.
 
Old November 11th, 2011 #2317
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry More Precise Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingWarrior View Post
Lenny, you need to read this exhaustive thread and see what Donald has unearthed, as a good VNN reporter. Sure Steele was on the Fed-Radar, but the facts remain, Eddy wanted to "off" his wife AND Mother-in-law so as he could be with his Eastern European honey.

...It's not rocket science.
While you are technically correct, this is unfair to Steele. He became insane in certain narrow aspects after his aorta surgery. As I have shown, this is the rule rather than the exception in severe aneurysms like this. He is not to blame for any of his behavior but he did essentially what the government claimed. I have personally explained this in detail to Cyndi by email many times.

His family and lawyer have to know and they are to blame. They are making a martyr out of him when he is not one. His now disbarred lawyer raked in $120,000 in attorney fees for a defense that would shame a first year law student. I think that Steele knows that he did what he is accused of but thinks that he has been able to successfully lie his way out of it. The jury did not buy it.

He has written more three steamy love letters that I know of to American White women from jail since he was convicted. He learned nothing from his love letters to Tatyana Loginova being shown to the jury. If he gets a new trial and the government produces these letters he is screwed. Even competent lawyers won't be able to get him off then. They provide proof of his dissatisfaction with his marriage and give a motive.

The lesson here is but for the grace of G-d go we. Any of us can have this kind of serious vascular surgery and wind up just as crazy as Steele is. We should pity him. Admittedly the government played its traditional dirty tricks at and before trial, but this has little to do with the final outcome. It does no good to blame the government for framing him when they didn't do so.
 
Old November 11th, 2011 #2318
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity
 
Leonard Rouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: With The Creepy-Ass Crackahs
Posts: 8,156
Leonard Rouse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Just like the other Steele cheerleaders, you have your head up your ass. I talked to a person that had seen the love letters that Steele recently wrote to a White woman that he had never met. I supported Steele so long as there was ANY possibility that he had been framed.
Name your source.
 
Old November 11th, 2011 #2319
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity
 
Leonard Rouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: With The Creepy-Ass Crackahs
Posts: 8,156
Leonard Rouse
Default

Disappeared, as usual, without answering the question.

You're a liar and/or a government agent, Pauly. And by government agent, I include the closely-aligned positions of ADL/SPLC operative.

How much are you being paid to libel Steele?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
The lesson here is but for the grace of G-d go we.
The lesson here is that you just let your veil slip, though you've been recognized by your activities for some time now.
 
Old November 11th, 2011 #2320
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity
 
Leonard Rouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: With The Creepy-Ass Crackahs
Posts: 8,156
Leonard Rouse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
While you are technically correct, this is unfair to Steele. He became insane in certain narrow aspects after his aorta surgery.
Extreme chutzpah. Donald E. Pauly, the cyber-psychiatrist, who diagnoses 'insanity' of political targets via the internet.

But wait, there's more. The political persecutee is only 'insane' in 'narrow aspects,' the aspects that align with the judeo-prosecution's case. Otherwise, he's fine.

Get that shit out of here, Pauly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
As I have shown, this is the rule rather than the exception in severe aneurysms like this.
You are not a physician, and even if you were you are in no position to make any diagnosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
He is not to blame for any of his behavior but he did essentially what the government claimed. I have personally explained this in detail to Cyndi by email many times.
You don't know what he did. And with friends like you, she sure doesn't need any enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
His family and lawyer have to know and they are to blame. They are making a martyr out of him when he is not one.
Pure kike kitsch. If you defend yourself, you're even more guilty.

Soviet-esque, itz.

Quote:
His now disbarred lawyer raked in $120,000 in attorney fees for a defense that would shame a first year law student.
How are Steele and his family to blame for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
I think that Steele knows that he did what he is accused of but thinks that he has been able to successfully lie his way out of it. The jury did not buy it.
Now you're a mind reader. And this is a(nother) nonsensical passage from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
He has written more three steamy love letters that I know of to American White women from jail since he was convicted.
Let's see them.

How do you know, Pauly?

How would you know, Pauly?

The only way you could know is if you're a government agent (or closely aligned, ie, an ADL or SPLC operative, for instance).

Or you're one and you're lying, which is by far the more likely scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
He learned nothing from his love letters to Tatyana Loginova being shown to the jury. If he gets a new trial and the government produces these letters he is screwed. Even competent lawyers won't be able to get him off then. They provide proof of his dissatisfaction with his marriage and give a motive.
Again, you have no evidence of other letters, just more unfounded assertions-as-fact.

You, like the US Attorney, always push the Loginova letter, but play-down the 14,000 other ones. The reason you do that is because knowledge of the latter puts the former in context. Steele claimed he was researching the 'Russian bride/white slavery' scam. The sheer mountain of correspondence aligns better with that claim than the notion that he was going to marry Loginova and kill his wife.

Loginova didn't even testify. She was 'interpreted' by a State Department(!) official on the other side of the planet in a video deposition. She has never met Steele. She doesn't even speak English. Who knows who sent that correspondence to her?

It doesn't smell right, which is consistent with the rest of the government's case--to say nothing of your perpetual smear job here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
The lesson here is but for the grace of G-d go we.
Again, I don't know anyone who uses this construction other than jews. It's weird, but it's also consistent with your activity here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
Any of us can have this kind of serious vascular surgery and wind up just as crazy as Steele is. We should pity him.
I'm pretty sure no one wants your 'pity'--and sure as shit not any more of your 'help'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
Admittedly the government played its traditional dirty tricks at and before trial, but this has little to do with the final outcome. It does no good to blame the government for framing him when they didn't do so.
Your contention is that some old guy got sick way the hell out in the sticks, went off his nut, and this elicited the response of the DC office of DoJ and the State Department.

Further, he gets a half-century sentence for his purported conspiracy to murder--a death sentence, effectively.

This is ridiculous. Even if Ed did what is claimed, the response is out-of-proportion by a factor of about a hundred.

You conveniently fail to mention the absurd story of career petty criminal, sporadic government informant, plea-bargain hopeful (and Bill Maher relative?) Larry Fairfax, who was the primary--sole, really--witness against Steele--not Loginova.

Either produce these 'new' 'love letters' you claim to have second-hand knowledge of--along with the name of your source--or stop libeling Ed Steele.
 
Reply

Tags
edgar steele

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.
Page generated in 0.58501 seconds.

VNN on Twitter