Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts
Local Blogs
Miscellaneous

Old December 22nd, 2004 #1
Rob Roy MacGregor
Senior Member
 
Rob Roy MacGregor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,630
Rob Roy MacGregor
Default The War On Christmas Is A War On The West...

WAR ON CHRISTMAS IS A WAR ON THE WEST

by Samuel Francis

December 15, 2004

December is not even half over, and already the war on Christmas has started. Out in the Red State of Colorado, where traditional culture supposedly thrives, the city of Denver has waded into a little cultural gunplay that is attracting national attention. But Denver is not the only battlefield. Increasingly, it looks like Christmas may be pitched in the same trashcan as the Confederate Flag.

In Denver, local merchants have for years sponsored a pallid festival called the "Parade of Lights," which sported Santa Claus but no Christian images. The "mood," as The New York Times described it last week, "was bouncy, commercial and determinedly secular." The Parade "shunned politics and anything remotely smacking of controversy, including openly religious Christmas themes that might offend." (Well, not entirely.)

It's interesting there's someone in Denver who thinks that "openly religious themes" in a Christmas event "might offend." It's even more interesting to consider that someone in Denver actually would be offended by such themes. But perhaps most interesting of all is that nowhere in the entire New York Times story, despite several references to "the controversy," is a single person or group identified who actually admits to being offended by religious imagery.

The people who were offended were local Christian groups fed up with the absolute refusal of local businessmen to mention religion at all. This year, the Faith Bible Chapel sought permission to run a float in the Parade of Lights that carried explicit religious themes, with a choir singing hymns and carols. Permission denied. Too controversial, you see. Can you imagine what would happen if somebody in a Christmas parade actually started singing "Silent Night"? The horror, the horror.

Michael Krikorian, a spokesman for the Downtown Denver Partnership, which sponsors the parade, says they don't allow "direct religious themes," and that includes "Merry Christmas" signs and singing or playing traditional Christmas hymns. "We want to avoid that specific religious message out of respect for other religions in the region," Krikorian smirks. "It could be construed as disrespectful to other people who enjoy a parade each year."

But the horror of being misconstrued apparently extends only to Christian themes. The Parade of Lights, as the Rocky Mountain News reported, "includes the Two Spirit Society, which honors gay and lesbian American Indians as holy people; a German folk dance group; and performers of the Lion Dance, a Chinese New Year tradition 'meant to chase away evil spirits and welcome good luck and good fortune for the year.'" Sounds sort of like a "specific religious message," no?

Nevertheless, denied permission to chase away the evil spirits of their choice, "hundreds" of Denver area Christians showed up on the sidewalks anyway and sang "carols about mangers, shepherds and holy spirits, handed out hot chocolate and spoke of their faith."

There you go. The witchcraft trials can be expected to start any day now.

In fact, nothing much happened, except the businessspersons now say they are going to have to "re-evaluate" the event. "This was always just supposed to be a cutesy parade, for the kids," says Jim Basey, president of the Downtown Denver Partnership. "The purpose was to get bodies downtown." No offensiveness for Basey.

Denver is not the only city to enjoy a little Christmas cultural warfare. The Washington Times reports that the mayor of Somerville, Mass., has issued a public apology for "mistakenly" calling the local "holiday party" a "Christmas party," while "School districts in Florida and New Jersey have banned Christmas carols altogether, and an 'all-inclusive' holiday song program at a Chicago-area elementary school included Jewish and Jamaican songs, but no Christmas carols."

In Washington, a school banned a play of "A Christmas Carol" because of Tiny Tim's prayer, and neighboring libraries banned Christmas trees. The website Vdare.com sponsors an annual scrutiny of the "war against Christmas." It has lots more examples.

Christmas, to be fair, is not an exclusively religious holiday, though Christians are entirely right to insist on preserving that meaning, among others. It's a celebration that has been around so long it has acquired non-religious meanings as well, but meanings that go well beyond Santa Claus and Frosty the Snowman. It's a festival that comes from the heart of the traditional West, which is why music, literature, films and common social customs center around it so much.

At least some of the people who want to abolish it are not intentionally anti-Western. They're people who have simply disengaged themselves from their own civilization and are entirely indifferent as to whether it survives or not. Being strangers in their own land, they no longer have a clue as to what Christmas and its symbols mean, and it's not only Christmas that's "just supposed to be a cutesy parade." It's everything else their civilization has created.

To find out more about Samuel Francis, and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate web page at www.creators.com.

COPYRIGHT 2004 CREATORS SYNDICATE, INC.
__________________
.

Tolerance is how far a mechanical part can deviate from the
norm before it screws up the entire machine.
– Any Mechanic


The Jews hate us because of our FREEDOM!

Holocaust® is a registered trademark of "G-d's chosen" predestined to "Rule the Earth".
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
 
Old December 22nd, 2004 #2
Whirlwind
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: S.E.PA
Posts: 1,626
Whirlwind
Default

Though I am not a christian, I find myself cajoling them to stand up against these attacks on their holy-day. Though I feel the christians co-opted the date, I insist they stand up for their beliefs. Don't want the jews to co-opt the date from them.
__________________
KILL YOUR TV! Or at least stop taking it more seriously than a goldfish.
 
Old December 22nd, 2004 #3
Abzug Hoffman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,483
Abzug Hoffman
Default

The (dual) citizens who were offended were Goldsmith, Thalheimer, and the rest of the judy store owners downtown.
 
Old December 22nd, 2004 #4
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς
 
Antiochus Epiphanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: flyover
Posts: 13,175
Antiochus Epiphanes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlwind
Though I am not a christian, I find myself cajoling them to stand up against these attacks on their holy-day. Though I feel the christians co-opted the date, I insist they stand up for their beliefs. Don't want the jews to co-opt the date from them.
Have you not been listening to any debate? Christmas/ Yule is an Aryan holiday that predates Christ's birth. It is the winter solstice which marks the end ofthe shortening of daylight, and the beginning of lengthening of daylight. Thus it signals rebirth of life and goodness.

Before Christ, Christmas marked the birth of "Mithras," a Roman solar deity also called Sol Invictus and related to Persian Zoroastrianism.

So, Christmas has deep roots even for pagan and atheist White folks and I encourage you all to embrace the Christmas cheer and dont be a grinch like the dirty zhids.
 
Old December 22nd, 2004 #5
Bonnie P.
Racist Donna Reed
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 216
Bonnie P.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
I encourage you all to embrace the Christmas cheer and dont be a grinch like the dirty zhids.

AE, this so inspired me that I stole it to use in my sig line (just for the season). Hope you don't mind!
__________________
"I don't wish to know how it is made. I only wish to see the effects."~King Ludwig II the "Mad King" of Bavaria
 
Old December 22nd, 2004 #6
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς
 
Antiochus Epiphanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: flyover
Posts: 13,175
Antiochus Epiphanes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raina
AE, this so inspired me that I stole it to use in my sig line (just for the season). Hope you don't mind!
permission granted. cheers!
 
Old December 27th, 2004 #7
Phantasm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
Have you not been listening to any debate? Christmas/ Yule is an Aryan holiday that predates Christ's birth. It is the winter solstice which marks the end ofthe shortening of daylight, and the beginning of lengthening of daylight. Thus it signals rebirth of life and goodness.

Before Christ, Christmas marked the birth of "Mithras," a Roman solar deity also called Sol Invictus and related to Persian Zoroastrianism.

So, Christmas has deep roots even for pagan and atheist White folks and I encourage you all to embrace the Christmas cheer and dont be a grinch like the dirty zhids.
Thank you for reminding us about this Antiochus Epiphanes!


This is an excellent example of how all Aryans have something in common during Christmas time. Christians like myself celebrate Christmas while our other Aryan Brothers and Sisters celebrate their holidays which commemorate the winter solstice. As a Christian... this has become a time of vigilance as well as Faith for me. You see... here in Los Angeles... our Jewish adversaries love to play games during the holiday season.

The Jews have managed to reduce the number of Nativity displays here in Los Angeles drastically... and because of separation of church and state... displays of the Cross are unheard of. However... the Jews love to display their Star of David whenever they can get away with it. I spotted a couple of obvious violations within the public domain this season. One was a Star of David displayed in a school window and the other was a menorah in a library which had a Star of David integrated into it. I complained verbally (causing a scene) and immediately wrote letters to the appropriate authorities on both situations. Both displays were removed within 72 hours.

Question for all you venomous anti-Christian time wasters:

How many times did you confront the Jews this year... and prevail?

Just curious...

 
Old December 27th, 2004 #8
Aryan Lord
Senior Member
 
Aryan Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,719
Aryan Lord
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm
Thank you for reminding us about this Antiochus Epiphanes!


This is an excellent example of how all Aryans have something in common during Christmas time. Christians like myself celebrate Christmas while our other Aryan Brothers and Sisters celebrate their holidays which commemorate the winter solstice. As a Christian... this has become a time of vigilance as well as Faith for me. You see... here in Los Angeles... our Jewish adversaries love to play games during the holiday season.

The Jews have managed to reduce the number of Nativity displays here in Los Angeles drastically... and because of separation of church and state... displays of the Cross are unheard of. However... the Jews love to display their Star of David whenever they can get away with it. I spotted a couple of obvious violations within the public domain this season. One was a Star of David displayed in a school window and the other was a menorah in a library which had a Star of David integrated into it. I complained verbally (causing a scene) and immediately wrote letters to the appropriate authorities on both situations. Both displays were removed within 72 hours.

Question for all you venomous anti-Christian time wasters:

How many times did you confront the Jews this year... and prevail?

Just curious...
We dont have a problem with them here in England.They were disposed of in the 13th century.Very few remain and most dwell within the City of London.
You need to be more active with your pest control Phantasm.
 
Old December 27th, 2004 #9
Alex Linder
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 38,076
Blog Entries: 2
Alex Linder
Default

How can you expect non-Christians to defend Christians when they won't even defend themselves?

Any fool can see it's jews driving Christianity out of the public square. Yet no Christian will say that. If Christians believed their own bullshit, they'd be worried about hellfire in giving in to the viper jews rather than fighting them.

Why should atheists look at them with anything other than scorn, based on their behavior? Why should atheists judge Christians by what they say they should be rather than what their actions show they are?

VNN has always supported the tiny, tiny subset of Believers who name and fight the jew -- and provided many links to their sites, and praise to their leaders. But for the vast majority, willing to tolerate any abuse in the name of love and suffering and martyrdom -- why should we have any more respect for them than the jews they serve? We shouldn't.

Christians, taking one with another, are people who:

- worship jews and israel
- embrace third-worlders
- forgive anything

I reject their approach to life as a "socially acceptable form of suicide," as Kurt Vonnegut decades ago described smoking.
 
Old December 27th, 2004 #10
Alex Linder
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 38,076
Blog Entries: 2
Alex Linder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R MacDonald
WAR ON CHRISTMAS IS A WAR ON THE WEST

by Samuel Francis

December 15, 2004

December is not even half over, and already the war on Christmas has started. Out in the Red State of Colorado, where traditional culture supposedly thrives, the city of Denver has waded into a little cultural gunplay that is attracting national attention. But Denver is not the only battlefield. Increasingly, it looks like Christmas may be pitched in the same trashcan as the Confederate Flag.

This column's the perfect example of why I have little respect for Canny Sammy. Let's see...here's how an honest analyst would approach the subject of Christianity being driven out of the public square.

Polls show that the vast majority of Americans loves Christmas and has no trouble with creches, carols, etc. Yet these are barred all over the country.

That leads to the obvious question: how is it that will of the people, supposedly the Highest Value in a democracy, isn't observed?

That leads to the conclusion, hmm, apparently overwhelming public sentiment is less powerful than some tiny minority.

That leads to the question, now just who constitutes that minority?

The obvious answer, given their positions in society, and 1,001 anti-Christian quotes, is the jews.

Does Canny Sammy say that?

No.

Him only have a Ph.D. in American studies. Him not analytical enough to figger out what's going on.

Him to fucking cowardly and obese to walk through the truck-hole creating by line-busting William Donohue who stunned the crowd by naming secularist JEWS as the force producing anti-Christian movies.

Now, someone quickly post where I'm wrong. Where Canny's writing the 10,001 article lamenting the de-christmasing of our society is heaps Important and very definitely Leading Somewhere.

Nah, Canny's just another Rightist fool who ignores the deep game so he can stay in eclairs.
 
Old December 27th, 2004 #11
Steve B
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 6,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder

Polls show that the vast majority of Americans loves Christmas and has no trouble with creches, carols, etc. Yet these are barred all over the country.

That leads to the obvious question: how is it that will of the people, supposedly the Highest Value in a democracy, isn't observed?

That leads to the conclusion, hmm, apparently overwhelming public sentiment is less powerful than some tiny minority.

That leads to the question, now just who constitutes that minority?

The obvious answer, given their positions in society, and 1,001 anti-Christian quotes, is the jews.
To coin a phrase: "Logical, flawlessly logical".
 
Old December 27th, 2004 #12
Phantasm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan Lord
We dont have a problem with them here in England.They were disposed of in the 13th century.Very few remain and most dwell within the City of London.
You need to be more active with your pest control Phantasm.
...
Point taken Aryan Lord... I'll keep that in mind.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder
How can you expect non-Christians to defend Christians when they won't even defend themselves?
...
“...won't even defend themselves?” I think my example contradicts that assertion. Furthermore... I don't recall asking for any “ non-Christians to defend Christians.”


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder
...
Any fool can see it's jews driving Christianity out of the public square. Yet no Christian will say that.
...
Excuse me again Alex... but I just said it. And while we're on this subject allow me to point out that one would have to go to a Jewish Temple to find the kind of anti-Christian venom that exists on this board. Looks like the Jews aren't the only one's “driving Christianity out of the public square.”


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder
...
Christians, taking one with another, are people who:

- worship jews and israel
- embrace third-worlders
- forgive anything
...
Kinda painting us all with the same brush aren't you Alex...? I certainly don't fit into any of those categories. You must be confusing traditional Christians like me with the mindless idiots portrayed in the media... especially when they do one of their slick little polls.

By the way Alex... I'm still waiting for one of you anti-Christians to answer my question.

“How many times did you confront the Jews this year... and prevail?”

 
Old December 28th, 2004 #13
Whirlwind
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: S.E.PA
Posts: 1,626
Whirlwind
Default

Yuletide greetings, A.E. Get off my back about your christmas. christians stole the date. Now it is being stolen from them. I know what time of year it is. The Winter Solstice. In my previous post I revealed my weakness, when I mentioned cajoling christians to defend their date. If I needed ridiculed for that post, it should be because I gave a damn about christians well-being. So, I guess I should thank you for helping me see where my loyalties should lie. Lose the fucking date now, for all I care.
__________________
KILL YOUR TV! Or at least stop taking it more seriously than a goldfish.
 
Old December 30th, 2004 #14
lawrence dennis
Anti-anti-antisemite
 
lawrence dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rocky Mountains
Posts: 1,265
lawrence dennis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder
That leads to the question, now just who constitutes that minority?

The obvious answer, given their positions in society, and 1,001 anti-Christian quotes, is the jews.
The truth that Sam Francis won't tell (at least, not in print or within range of a microphone):



 
Old December 30th, 2004 #15
lawrence dennis
Anti-anti-antisemite
 
lawrence dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rocky Mountains
Posts: 1,265
lawrence dennis
Default



More fun-fact cartoons can be found here.
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.
Page generated in 0.12805 seconds.

VNN on Twitter