Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 1st, 2012 #1
Gerry Fable
'God Belief, German Piety'

Default Anyone recognise this symbol?

I once had a dream of the above symbol as a young child. I remember that it terrified me because I thought it was a warning of some kind. A harbinger of death. Apparently, its message is the opposite according to the writings of Carl Jung. Apparently, the 'Christian-like' symbol in my dream, represents the individual and divine consciousness. A person who is close to individuation.

I have finally found this image after many years of searching, and it's on a NS site. Furthermore, X.I.'s hubby will confirm this because we both discussed this topic after showing him a drawing of the cross.

I am a big believer in synchronicity. Does anyone on here know anything about this symbol and its meaning? The only explanation I have found is a Jungian explanation. This NS site the picture comes from is a black metal site. So I think they did not intend this cross to be 'Christian.' But I could be wrong. Is it a Christian cross?

I reckon Steven Akins could be of help here. He is the resident expert on all things pagan and occult. What's the score?
"Man is not God. But he is God's birthplace. God exists and grows in man. If God does not come in man, He never comes~ Hence the German religion is the religion of high faith in man."-Alfred Rosenberg

Last edited by Gerry Fable; July 1st, 2012 at 03:28 PM.

Old July 1st, 2012 #2
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Default Re: Anyone recognise this symbol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Fable View Post

I once had a dream of the above symbol as a young child. I remember that it terrified me because I thought it was a warning of some kind. A harbinger of death. Apparently, its message is the opposite according to the writings of Carl Jung. Apparently, the 'Christian-like' symbol represents the individual and divine consciousness.

I have finally found this image after many years of searching, and it's on a NS site. Furthermore, X.I.'s hubby will confirm this because we both discussed this topic after showing him the cross.

I am a big believer in synchronicity. Does anyone on here know anything about this symbol and its meaning? The only explanation I have found is a Jungian explanation. This NS site the picture comes from is a black metal site. So I could be on to something here.

I reckon Adkins' could be of help here. He is the resident expert on all things pagan and occult. What's the score?
It looks similar to an Alchemy glyph or symbol, of which there are hundreds of different ones:

Then again, it could be something based on the insignia of the Thule Society:

Last edited by Steven L. Akins; July 1st, 2012 at 03:29 PM.

Old July 1st, 2012 #3
littlefieldjohn

Similarity to the 'Please- crucify- me -upside -down - & -not -like- you -did Jeesus' cross

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/st.-peters-cross-shirt

Old July 1st, 2012 #4
Gerry Fable

I have never, ever, come across this symbol that appeared in my dream over 35 years ago, since as a 12-year-old. The symbol is unique. I really do think 'someone' 'somewhere' is telling me something here. I hope it isn't a bad omen.

A former comrade died last week. Alan Woodmansey, 46, a former member of Troy Southgate's English Nationalist Movement. Alan was a devout Catholic but then embraced Heathenism, and the black metal subculture. I wonder if it is has got something to do with his death?

I know the intellectually challenged on here will wonder what the fuck I am going on about. Those familiar with Carl Jung however, will understand.
"Man is not God. But he is God's birthplace. God exists and grows in man. If God does not come in man, He never comes~ Hence the German religion is the religion of high faith in man."-Alfred Rosenberg

Last edited by Gerry Fable; July 1st, 2012 at 04:45 PM.

Old July 1st, 2012 #5
Bev
drinking tea

I can't tell you its meaning (varg might know, actually) but it's a common symbol of death/black metal music, many bands use combinations of celtic crosses, runes and upside down crosses Whispersorrow use it a lot.

They talk about logos on their Livejournal page but don't really explain it. You could always ask them.

http://whispersorrow14.livejournal.com/tag/english

Old July 1st, 2012 #6
Bev
drinking tea

Ooooh - spooky. You edited and added something in about metal just as I was posting.

Old July 1st, 2012 #7
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
I can't tell you its meaning (varg might know, actually) but it's a common symbol of death/black metal music, many bands use combinations of celtic crosses, runes and upside down crosses Whispersorrow use it a lot.

They talk about logos on their Livejournal page but don't really explain it. You could always ask them.

http://whispersorrow14.livejournal.com/tag/english

The inverted cross, which is often thought of as diabolical, is actually a Christian symbol, known as a "St. Peter's Cross", as St. Peter was allegedly crucified on such a cross in difference to the type on which Jesus himself was crucified, at least according to Catholic tradition.

Old July 1st, 2012 #8
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
The inverted cross, which is often thought of as diabolical, is actually a Christian symbol, known as a "St. Peter's Cross", as St. Peter was allegedly crucified on such a cross in difference to the type on which Jesus himself was crucified, at least according to Catholic tradition.

I did actually know that once upon a time, but I'd forgotten. It's a very common symbol in metal music, especially death/emo genres. The fans seem to think it represents death and putrefaction (which in a way, I suppose it does) and you can buy all sorts of alchemist jewellery with that and similar symbols on.

There's a new "fashion" starting up - not content with gauging their ears, they've started having big holes taken out of their ears in various shapes - the star is the most common, but I know someone who is planning on getting the upside down cross shape taken out of their ear. I'm not sure what she thinks will happen when it starts to heal up....

Old July 1st, 2012 #9
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
I did actually know that once upon a time, but I'd forgotten. It's a very common symbol in metal music, especially death/emo genres. The fans seem to think it represents death and putrefaction (which in a way, I suppose it does) and you can buy all sorts of alchemist jewellery with that and similar symbols on.
The inverted cross reminds me a bit of the tarot card called "the Hanged Man" which is always illustrated with a man hanging upside down by one foot. It has been suggested that this may tie into the legend of Odin hanging from Yggdrasil to gain knowledge of the runes...

Old July 1st, 2012 #10
Gerry Fable

Thanks for that, Bev.

It seems the black metal genre combine the Celtic Cross with an upside down crucifix. That seems to make sense.

There is a Jungian explanation for that symbol however. But it seems the black metal genre depict it for reverse Nazarene purposes only. However, I feel synchronicity is at play here. Alan was into the black metal scene (he may have grown out of it since last seeing him though) and two days after learning about his sudden death, I finally find this symbol (after 35 years) on a NS black metal site.

I believe Alan has become 'one' with the divine. I really do believe this. Forget about the black metal Celtic Cross and upside down crucifix. Think more Carl Jung's theory on the nature of dreams, synchronicity and the unconscious shadow.

Last edited by Gerry Fable; July 1st, 2012 at 05:57 PM.

Old July 1st, 2012 #11
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for that, Bev.

It seems the black metal genre combine the Celtic Cross with an upside down crucifix. That seems to make sense.

There is a Jungian explanation for that symbol however. But it seems the black metal genre depict it for reverse Nazarene purposes only. However, I feel synchronicity is at play here. Alan was into the black metal scene (he may have grown out of it since last seeing him though) and two days after learning about his sudden death, I finally find this symbol (after 35 years) on a NS black metal site.

I believe Alan has become 'one' with the divine. I really do believe this.
The Celtic cross is believed to have evolved from the ancient, pre-Christian symbol known as the solar wheel:

Some early Viking runestones incorporate nice depictions of solar crosses on them as well:

Last edited by Steven L. Akins; July 1st, 2012 at 05:56 PM.

Old July 2nd, 2012 #12
John Bull

The inverted crucifix is the ultimate blasphemy of Jesus Christ. It is a satanic occult symbolsm of the basest kind. Corruptions of the cross are ususally unintentional blasphemies, but blasphemies they are.

Part of the aim of the the anti - Christ is to subvert worship of the most high to himself by surreptitiously hiding his symbols in plain sight. The apostasy of the western established churches can be seen in the adpotion of these symbols and politically corrcect, non scriptural, ideology at the expense of the truth of the bible, every where.

The star of David, sun symbols, re branded 'logos' for public bodies and think tanks reveal this symbology and it pervasive evil inclination.

The star of David is a hexagram, an occult symbol from withcraft to cast spells or hexes. The inclusion and popularisation is a creeping menace in youth culture and is a dangerous and perverse gateway for moral degeneracy and a pre cursor for further chaos.

Brian Gerrish of Lawfull Rebellion has some interesting ideas about this.

Old July 2nd, 2012 #13
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
The inverted cross reminds me a bit of the tarot card called "the Hanged Man" which is always illustrated with a man hanging upside down by one foot. It has been suggested that this may tie into the legend of Odin hanging from Yggdrasil to gain knowledge of the runes...

Do you know, I have tarot cards but never thought of that. You could well be right.

Quote:
Thanks for that, Bev.

I believe Alan has become 'one' with the divine. I really do believe this. Forget about the black metal Celtic Cross and upside down crucifix. Think more Carl Jung's theory on the nature of dreams, synchronicity and the unconscious shadow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDyo1...eature=related
I'm sorry about the loss of your friend.

Second, I don't believe in coincidences. I believe everything has a meaning - what the meaning is is not always clear but it has a meaning, nonetheless.

Old July 2nd, 2012 #14
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
The inverted crucifix is the ultimate blasphemy of Jesus Christ. It is a satanic occult symbolsm of the basest kind. Corruptions of the cross are ususally unintentional blasphemies, but blasphemies they are.

Part of the aim of the the anti - Christ is to subvert worship of the most high to himself by surreptitiously hiding his symbols in plain sight. The apostasy of the western established churches can be seen in the adpotion of these symbols and politically corrcect, non scriptural, ideology at the expense of the truth of the bible, every where.

The star of David, sun symbols, re branded 'logos' for public bodies and think tanks reveal this symbology and it pervasive evil inclination.

The star of David is a hexagram, an occult symbol from withcraft to cast spells or hexes. The inclusion and popularisation is a creeping menace in youth culture and is a dangerous and perverse gateway for moral degeneracy and a pre cursor for further chaos.

Brian Gerrish of Lawfull Rebellion has some interesting ideas about this.
You really do support Jewish supremacism, don't you?

Do you not know that Witchcraft is closer to our own native, White, ancestral, religions than worshiping a dead Jew on a stick?

Look upon the face of our ancestral god, which was uncovered near St Albans in Hertfordshire, at the site of Verulamium, dating to between 160-190 AD:

Old July 2nd, 2012 #15
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
You really do support Jewish supremacism, don't you?

Do you not know that Witchcraft is closer to our own native, White, ancestral, religions than worshiping a dead Jew on a stick?

Look upon the face of our ancestral god, which was uncovered near St Albans in Hertfordshire, at the site of Verulamium, dating to between 160-190 AD:

This is making me uneasy. I've agreed with you twice in one day.

It always bemuses me that people shriek in horror about witchcraft and assume it's all sacrificing babies and what have you. Anyone that's taken an aspirin and believed it worked has used witchcraft. Anyone that has told their dog "come here" or "sit" and believed it understood is a witch.

Old July 2nd, 2012 #16
Michael Ross
Banned

Quote:
I'm 99% certain it's something to do with Orthodox Christianity. The line going across at the bottom is a dead giveaway.

Old July 2nd, 2012 #17
Steven L. Akins
Banned

The Orthodox church tends to use a cross with a lower diagonal bar, as in fig. 13 below:

Old July 2nd, 2012 #18
Michael Ross
Banned

Quote:
The Orthodox church tends to use a cross with a lower diagonal bar, as in fig. 13 below:
Yes, but the line across the bottom, regardless of the gradient, is something virtually exclusive to the Orthodox Church.

Old July 2nd, 2012 #19
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ross View Post
Yes, but the line across the bottom, regardless of the gradient, is something virtually exclusive to the Orthodox Church.
On the contrary, the lower bar's gradient is very significant. It represents jeboo's footrest which jerked out of position as he slumped at the moment of death. The upper bar represents an inscription above his head.

Old July 2nd, 2012 #20
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
On the contrary, the lower bar's gradient is very significant. It represents jeboo's footrest which jerked out of position as he slumped at the moment of death. The upper bar represents an inscription above his head.
The Cross of Lorainne, sometimes depicted as a Patriarchal Cross, is other times shown as a cross with two horizontal bars, as in the following figures:

Thread