Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts
Local Blogs
Miscellaneous

Old March 11th, 2004 #1
Steve B
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 6,907
Default Wotan! "God of the Aryans"!

Wotan aka Odin was a "was a shape-changer, able to change his skin and form in any way he liked". Dude rode around on "an eight-legged horse with the severed head of the dwarf Mimir, which foretold the future". "Hung himself from the tree Yggdrasil, whilst pierced by his own spear, to acquire knowledge. He hung there for nine days and nights". But it gets even more laughable!

"Odin has a number of magical artifacts associated with him: the dwarven spear Gungnir, a magical gold ring (Draupnir), and two ravens Hugin and Munin (Thought and Memory) who travel the world to acquire information at his behest. He also commands a pair of wolves named Geri and Freki. From his throne, Hlidskjalf (located in Valaskjalf), Odin could see everything that occurred in the universe".

HAHAHAHHA...AND YOU JOKERS CALL CHRISTIANITY A CROCK!!!! Man O' man I thought I was dealing with intelligent people heer! You clowns aren't any better than the CIers you always trash!!! Magic spears, magic gold rings, packs of wolves, 8 legged horse, shape shifting, severed heads of dwarfs which can see into the future, sees everything in the universe!!! Tell me O' wise and powerfull Aryans how this is any different than walking on water and bringing back the dead? Same bullshit....different name! Wotan my White hairy ass!!!!


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wotan

His role, like many of the Norse pantheon, is complex: he is god of both wisdom and war, roles not necessarily conceived of as being mutually sympathetic in contemporary society. His name has roots in the Old Norse word óðr, meaning "inspiration, madness, anger", and the god may have evolved from Odr. Odin (Óðinn) is also referred to as Vóden. Other variations are: Othinn; Old High German Wuotan; (German word Wut translates to anger, rage) Old Low German Wodan, Wotan; and Old English Woden, which appears to mean "furious", "wild", "mad".


His name, for the warlike Norsemen, was synonymous with battle and warfare, for it recurs throughout the myths as the bringer of victory. Odin was a shape-changer, able to change his skin and form in any way he liked. He was said to travel the world disguised as an old man with a staff, one-eyed, grey-bearded and wearing a wide-brimmed hat (called Odin Gangleri ("the wanderer")). Odin sometimes traveled among mortals under aliases Vak and Valtam.


He possessed Sleipnir, an eight-legged horse, and the severed head of the dwarf Mimir, which foretold the future. He employed Valkyries to gather the souls of warriors fallen in battle (the Einherjar), as these would be needed to fight for him in the battle of Ragnarok. They took the souls of the warriors to Valhalla (the hall of the fallen), Odin's residence in Asgard. One of the Valkyries, Brynhild, was imprisoned in a ring of fire by Odin for daring to disobey him. She was rescued by Sigurd. He was similarly harsh on Hod, a blind god who had accidentally killed his brother, Baldr. Odin and Rind, a giantess, birthed a child named Vali for the specific purpose of killing Hod.

Odin was a compulsive seeker of wisdom, consumed by his passion for knowledge, to the extent that he sacrificed one eye and also hung himself from the tree Yggdrasil, whilst pierced by his own spear, to acquire knowledge. He hung there for nine days and nights, a number deeply significant in Norse magical practice (there were, for example, 9 realms of existence), thereby learning nine magical songs and eighteen magical runes. The purpose of this strange ritual, a god sacrificing himself to himself because there was nothing higher to sacrifice to, was to obtain mystical insight through mortification of the flesh; however, some scholars assert that the Norse believed that insight into the runes could only be truly attained in death. Odin's love for wisdom can also be seen in his work as a farmhand for a summer, for Baugi, in order to obtain the mead of poetry. See Fjalar and Galar for more details.

Some scholars would see this as a garbled version of the story of Christ's crucifixion, but perhaps it is more likely that the poem shows the influence of shamanism, where the symbolic climbing of a "world tree" by the shaman in search of mystic knowledge is a common religious pattern. We know that sacrifices, human or otherwise, to the gods were commonly hung in or from trees, often transfixed by spears. (See also: Peijainen) Incidentally, one of Odin's alternative names is Ygg, and Yggdrasil therefore means "Ygg's (Odin's)horse". Another of Odin's names is Hangatyr, the god of the hanged.



Odin has a number of magical artifacts associated with him: the dwarven spear Gungnir, a magical gold ring (Draupnir), an eight-legged horse (Sleipnir), and two ravens Hugin and Munin (Thought and Memory) who travel the world to acquire information at his behest. He also commands a pair of wolves named Geri and Freki. From his throne, Hlidskjalf (located in Valaskjalf), Odin could see everything that occurred in the universe.



It was common, particularly among the Cimbri, to sacrifice a prisoner to Odin prior to or after a battle. One such prisoner, the "Tollund Man", was discovered hanged, naked along with many others, some of whom were wounded, in Central Jutland. The victim singled out for such a sacrifice was usually the first prisoner captured in battle. The rites particular to Odin were sacrifice by hanging, as in the case of Tollund Man; impalement upon a spear; and burning. The Orkneyinga saga relates another (and uncommon) form of Odinic sacrifice, wherein the captured Ella is slaughtered by the carving out of a "blood-eagle" upon his back.

More significantly, however, it has been argued that the killing of a combatant in battle was to give a sacrificial offering to Odin.

Sacrifices were probably also made to Odin at the beginning of summer, since Ynglinga states one of the great festivities of the calendar is at sumri, þat var sigrblót "in summer, for victory"; Odin is consistently referred to throughout the Norse mythos as the bringer of victory. The fickleness of Odin in battle was also well-documented, and in Lokasenna, Loki taunts Odin for his inconsistency.
 
Old March 11th, 2004 #2
Wulf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Most people are going to have a religion one way or another so isnt it better that they worship the "God of war and father of the slain" rather than a crucified jew? Hey I know, maybe we should worship 30 year olds who still live with their parents, hows that working out for the COTC lately?
 
Old March 11th, 2004 #3
Neptune_Towers
Member
 
Neptune_Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Neptune, NJ
Posts: 363
Neptune_Towers
Default

Wotanism is also a crock. All religion is based on superstition and ignorance. CI still is worse because it is a bunch of deliberate lies. You all know that the bible was written in fucking Hebrew for crying out loud! How the fuck is Hebrew anything but a kike language? It is the fucking national language of Israel!!!
 
Old March 12th, 2004 #4
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς
 
Antiochus Epiphanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: flyover
Posts: 13,175
Antiochus Epiphanes
Default

Religion is myth one way or another. myth is deep symbology. Just saying in a cavalier fashion "it's just a crock" is dismissing something you apparently do not understand without any due regard for the millions of Whites who "believed" and did more for our people than a handful of we keyboard peckers combined.

Requiring proof of those who assert the existence of God does not require constant provocation and blasphemy.

I dont see a problem with Odin or Jesus. The fact that Christianity deals with the wicked Jews only makes it that much more relevant than Asatru, wherein you could only sort of compare them in an allegorical fashion to dwarves or Loki. I think the story related in the Passion is much clearer and easier for the White sheeple of today to draw the right lessons from today than the Gotterdamerung, which is even more arcane, obscure, and inaccessible.

You guys seem to think it's dishonest or un-Aryan to use religion. I dont think so. I think it's using a tool at hand that has been mostly given over to the Jew entirely.

I've never had a problem with Alex Linder's comments about religion or Christianity but have welcomed them as legitimate critique on theodicy, and in terms of the well known corruption of churches in preserving the natural racial order, his comments have been absolutely on point. However, some of the other prattling I read here reminds me more of what some maladjusted "goth" teenager fresh from reading Jewess Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" would say. Those of you familiar with the rand cult will know what I refer to and understand the significance of adhering to "atheism" in that particular jew-run intellectual cabal. I'm hearing lots of the same crap here I used to hear from them, and it doesnt become those who would call themselves "Aryans" to act like Jews and wag your fingers like Caiaphas at Christ, "come down from your cross" and spitting on the cherished beliefs of likely most of your ancestors for the past 2000 years. I appreciate the critique of religion but the endless revulsion here seems rather strident.
 
Old March 12th, 2004 #5
IrishJay
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think it is safe to say the the large majority of Odinists/Wotanist/Asatruar do not take the myths literally or even believe that the gods and goddesses were literal figures.

I - and many others - view them as mythological figures that were created over time from real people who were legendarily made gods and goddesses because of prodigious deeds, feats of strength, skill in conquering, beauty, etc..

If we take them seriously as actual gods then we would HAVE to believe that Ymir licked man into existence from a block of glacial ice, which is just about as preposterous as the xian myth.

What they are; however, are figures that we can look towards as examples of how to live and paying homage to our Northern European ancestry. Our festivals, blots and sumbels are all a link to our ancient heathen past...the way we were meant to live.
 
Old March 12th, 2004 #6
Neptune_Towers
Member
 
Neptune_Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Neptune, NJ
Posts: 363
Neptune_Towers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJay
I think it is safe to say the the large majority of Odinists/Wotanist/Asatruar do not take the myths literally or even believe that the gods and goddesses were literal figures.

I - and many others - view them as mythological figures that were created over time from real people who were legendarily made gods and goddesses because of prodigious deeds, feats of strength, skill in conquering, beauty, etc..

If we take them seriously as actual gods then we would HAVE to believe that Ymir licked man into existence from a block of glacial ice, which is just about as preposterous as the xian myth.

What they are; however, are figures that we can look towards as examples of how to live and paying homage to our Northern European ancestry. Our festivals, blots and sumbels are all a link to our ancient heathen past...the way we were meant to live.
Bullshit... Would you like to wear fuckin animal skins and shit in the fuckin woods like a nigger? Let's move on and leave the superstitions to the niggers in Africa and use science and reason.
 
Old March 12th, 2004 #7
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς
 
Antiochus Epiphanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: flyover
Posts: 13,175
Antiochus Epiphanes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJay
I think it is safe to say the the large majority of Odinists/Wotanist/Asatruar do not take the myths literally or even believe that the gods and goddesses were literal figures.

I - and many others - view them as mythological figures that were created over time from real people who were legendarily made gods and goddesses because of prodigious deeds, feats of strength, skill in conquering, beauty, etc..

If we take them seriously as actual gods then we would HAVE to believe that Ymir licked man into existence from a block of glacial ice, which is just about as preposterous as the xian myth.

What they are; however, are figures that we can look towards as examples of how to live and paying homage to our Northern European ancestry. Our festivals, blots and sumbels are all a link to our ancient heathen past...the way we were meant to live.
I cant disagree with any of that.

I enjoyed reading Julius Evola's writings on Norse myth in "Revolt against the modern world." He derived many symbolic meanings and Traditional themes from them I was completely ignorant of for the many years since childhood I have cherished Nordic myth along with Greek myth and Christian stories as well. It's been harder for me to appreciate the Christian viewpoint and I shared much the same sentiment as the antis here, but have come to a more flexible synthesis today.

Thanks for explaining the value of considering myth as such. Can you talk more about this? Perhaps with specific examples?
 
Old March 12th, 2004 #8
Whirlwind
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: S.E.PA
Posts: 1,626
Whirlwind
Default

Even if you take this challenge on the level it is proposed, god for god, deed for deed; Christianity is weak.
 
Old March 13th, 2004 #9
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς
 
Antiochus Epiphanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: flyover
Posts: 13,175
Antiochus Epiphanes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlwind
Even if you take this challenge on the level it is proposed, god for god, deed for deed; Christianity is weak.
that's your conclusion. I'd like to ask you to elaborate on this. perhaps you could compare specifics and explain how you arrived at this conclusion.

my objective here is basically to engage in interesting discussions about religion with other White men who recognize the value of race and the importance of culture and are not weighed down with childish ideas of literalism. when I say not weighed down with literalism, I mean cutting both ways.

Literalism limits the spirtual development of the "believer" by contorting his reason into knots, when reason is not the issue. Typical Judeo-Christian evangelical silliness for example. I sadly see the same thing with CI: excessive concern with Christ's ancestry. Man, that's really missing the boat. God Incarnate his Son among the wickedest group of humans who kill him? What a story! And somebody things therefore they need to prove they're part of that wickedest ethnic group? Not me thank you!

Literalism also limits the development of the person who presumes religion to be utterly negated by reason. I dont like to use the word atheist for reasons Alex regularly explains at rm, but it suffices here. The idea is, anybody who wont consider what power myth may have on the human personality and culture.

So I say, cast aside this literalism. Discussing religion is not discussing science.

I recently found a good quote by none other than Dante regarding interpretation of peotic stories. I'll try to find it and put it here. Got it from an essay by Pietro Negri regarding symbolism in this book on "magic" and Julius Evola.
 
Old March 14th, 2004 #10
IrishJay
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune_Towers
Bullshit... Would you like to wear fuckin animal skins and shit in the fuckin woods like a nigger? Let's move on and leave the superstitions to the niggers in Africa and use science and reason.
Ummm......do we do that now?

Where in my post did you see me saying I want to remain in the past?

I said paying respects, not reliving it.
 
Old March 14th, 2004 #11
Vinlands Hammer
Berserkergang
 
Vinlands Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Vinland
Posts: 317
Vinlands Hammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
HAHAHAHHA...AND YOU JOKERS CALL CHRISTIANITY A CROCK!!!! Man O' man I thought I was dealing with intelligent people heer!
Well since your heer I guess we have one more idiot now dont we?
__________________
You can kill our kin but you can never crush our spirit.
The heathenpride in northmen's minds will always remain!
Like fire schorced earth we are reborn!
With autumns coldest winds we arrive!
Proud in our hearts
Unchained in our might we are pure heathen wrath unbound!
 
Old March 14th, 2004 #12
Whirlwind
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: S.E.PA
Posts: 1,626
Whirlwind
Default

A.E.: All myths to me. Wotan (Odin, Oden) sacrificed an eye and was nailed to the tree of life for 9 days or thereabouts (correct me if that is not exactly accurate) in the quest for knowledge. Which he in turn gave to man. Martyrs have been martyrs for any number of reasons. Jesus died for our sins? That seems like a very clever way of portraying the pertinent facts. Kinda jewish.
If I had to pick one, I would choose the god that sacrificed to help me, not the one who's sacrifice makes me feel perpetually indebted.
I cannot believe a just god would allow what I see everyday.
 
Old March 14th, 2004 #13
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς
 
Antiochus Epiphanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: flyover
Posts: 13,175
Antiochus Epiphanes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlwind
A.E.: All myths to me. Wotan (Odin, Oden) sacrificed an eye and was nailed to the tree of life for 9 days or thereabouts (correct me if that is not exactly accurate) in the quest for knowledge. Which he in turn gave to man. Martyrs have been martyrs for any number of reasons. Jesus died for our sins? That seems like a very clever way of portraying the pertinent facts. Kinda jewish.
If I had to pick one, I would choose the god that sacrificed to help me, not the one who's sacrifice makes me feel perpetually indebted.
I cannot believe a just god would allow what I see everyday.
hmmm interesting thoughts. Oden hung himself at Mimir's well for wisdom. When he came down he had the runes. The runes he engraved on Sleipnir, his spear. Wait a second. Is that his horse? What the heck did they call his spear? The spear of Longinus? J/k, that's what pierced Christ's side.

As Aristotle explained in the Nicomachean ethics, the noble and virtuous man is one who has abundance and gives not to gain but to share his abundance. Or so I recall. The giving evidences nobility. Eternal debt? That's a belly crawling Christoid's way of expressing it. I appreciate the notion of constant thankfullness for life and all of its opportunities, but feeling bad about your advantages is twisted.
 
Old March 14th, 2004 #14
Whirlwind
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: S.E.PA
Posts: 1,626
Whirlwind
Default

I'm not Odinist, so forgive any inaccuracy. But I believe their two main thrusts are hospitality and self sufficience. Hardly can be characterized as feeling bad about your advantages. Sounds like the mutual respect and compassion the other religions talk about. Only practical.
 
Old March 15th, 2004 #15
Tacitus76
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf
Hey I know, maybe we should worship 30 year olds who still live with their parents, hows that working out for the COTC lately?
This type of line is good for a few laughs among those who don't know the facts of why Matt Hale was living with his father.

The main reason was that after graduating from law school and passing the Illinois bar on his first attempt, the State of Illinois refused to issue him a license to practice law because of his religion. His obvious source of income was blocked to him. We can't have an admitted pro-White attorney defending Whites now can we.

He was then turned down by the Supreme courts of Illinois and the USA. For no other reason then his not-acceptable religion.

It's not so funny after you know more about the case. There is much more to it but it mostly involves more repression of Whites trying to unite and express themselves.

READ: Natures Eternal Religion
http://www.wcotc.com.au/holybooks/index.html
 
Old March 15th, 2004 #16
Tacitus76
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. Slovjanski
Ha ha! Otlichna! Slava Rossii!
The last thing that racially aware Whites need around the world is to fight among themselves over petty issues. The important point about religion is that whatever is your taste, it must have an prominent place for the racial heritage of Whites around the world.

Visit: http://www.skt-or.prv.pl/
http://www.tworca.org/index-b.shtml


READ: Natures Eternal Religion
http://www.wcotc.com.au/holybooks/index.html
 
Old March 15th, 2004 #17
T.Garrett
Senior Member
 
T.Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,382
T.Garrett
Talking Good Morning ThorsHammer and Demonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer1488
Well since your heer I guess we have one more idiot now dont we?
ThorsHammer1488

Am I the only one heer that can misspell ‘here’ and get away with it? LOL! Even the anti’s don’t do bitchin spelling scolds on me anymore, LOL., holey fucking krist on the jooish popsickle stick! I guess I’m too far over the edge gone, eh? Well heer’s to ya! Cheers ThorsHammer

T.Garrett
 
Old March 15th, 2004 #18
Whirlwind
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: S.E.PA
Posts: 1,626
Whirlwind
Default

Your brain must rationalize that fanatacism first. What you suggest seems more like the reaction to a stubbed toe. My brain will not allow fanatacism without reason.
 
Old March 15th, 2004 #19
Neptune_Towers
Member
 
Neptune_Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Neptune, NJ
Posts: 363
Neptune_Towers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. Slovjanski
Humanistic "science and reason" is what got us into this mess in the first place. Check out William Gayley Simpson's indictment of "science and reason" and see how we would have been better off being just a little bit more "superstitious" as you say.

Victory in our current situation requires fanaticism, which is a comes from the heart, not the brain.
More bullshit. Science and reason are the reason that your dumb white ass is sitting there typing at a PC instead of living in the woods holding your dick and a wooden spear shitting in the woods and wiping your ass with a leaf like a fucking nigger.
 
Old March 15th, 2004 #20
Steve B
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 6,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer1488
Well since your heer I guess we have one more idiot now dont we?
"Heer", the German word for Army! Most of us from German decent or those who have a familiarity with the Third Reich use the word "Heer" instead of "here" to make a point.

Got it bozo?

Erhalten sie irgendein stummeres?
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.
Page generated in 0.77274 seconds.

VNN on Twitter