Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts
Local Blogs
Miscellaneous


Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > The Personal Solution: Living White > Sex & Family
Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should parents be allowed to choose the gender of their children?
Yes 7 36.84%
No 10 52.63%
Undecided 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

 
Thread Display Modes Share
Old July 13th, 2006 #1
Sean Martin
......
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 9,397
Sean Martin
Default Should parents be allowed to choose the gender of their baby?

Ban expected on choosing sex of baby

PARENTS will be banned from selecting the sex of their babies for non-medical reasons as part of government plans for a shake-up of embryology regulation.

Caroline Flint, the health minister at Westminster, told MPs she was minded to introduce a "clear and specific ban" on the use of new techniques to choose a baby's gender.

Allowing parents to pick the sex for reasons such as "balancing" the make-up of their family might be a "slippery slope" to designer babies, she warned.

But Ms Flint admitted the ban would not prevent British people going abroad, where such practices were legal.

Giving evidence to the Commons science and technology committee, Ms Flint also indicated that rules allowing fertility clinics to block treatment for single women and lesbian couples would be scrapped.

This article: http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1017942006


Quote:

Comments
Firozali A.Mulla, Dar-Es-Salaam Tanzania / 9:59am 13 Jul 2006
Ban expected on choosing sex of baby
Now this is the news. If all, wanted the boys, where would we find girls? Alternatively, paradox. If all wanted girls, where would we find boys?


2. George, Edinburgh / 11:48am 13 Jul 2006
'Slippery slope' arguments can mislead and should always be questioned. If you succumb to that Mars Bar, is it inevitable that you will end up weighing 20 stone?

It is not at all obvious that letting parents choose the sex of their child would lead to 'designer babies'. We cannot know that without evidence, and we cannot obtain evidence if we ban it in advance. Ms Flint's fears of what might happen are not a sound basis for curbing freedom. Government should stop people doing something only if it can be shown to harm others; otherwise, it should let them be.

There are more than 200,000 IVF births a year, which is about a third of all births. Allowing sex selection could therefore create an imbalance in numbers and thus unhappy people who could not find a partner. It's hard to say which sex might be favoured, if either. Boys have more value in traditional cultures, but it's arguable that the future of the West is female.

Selection might create an imbalance, but not very quickly (at worst 0.4% a year, and probably much less). We should allow it and see what happens. If a problem develops after a year or two, we shall have plenty of time to solve it.

3. Dave, Western Isles / 3:17pm 13 Jul 2006 George

Good comments and well put. However, what's this about not curbing freedoms? To choose the sex of your baby and indeed going through IVF is not a freedom nor a right but an intervention paid for by the individual or us tax payers.

On the one hand I agree with your arguments but on the other hand Mz Flint has made a relevant point (surprisingly too for somebody who calls themself Ms).

You are FREE to make love, inseminate the woman you love and create life using natural methods but everything else outside nature is INTERVENTION, not freedom.

Hope this DOES offend those turkey baster wielding dungarees wearing fempots.
__________________
http://www.vnnforum.com/showpost.php...64&postcount=9
Doppelhaken, Draco, Richard H, ToddinFl, Augustus Sutter, Chain, Subrosa, Jarl, White Will, whose next?
 
Old July 13th, 2006 #2
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy
 
TwistedCross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,137
TwistedCross
Default

Should not even be considered. Why mess with Mother Nature more than we do right now? Just look in China where everyone wants a boy. Years later (today) there are a shortage of women.

Just say no to the sausage fest you will sentence your kids to.
 
Old July 13th, 2006 #3
Sean Martin
......
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 9,397
Sean Martin
Default

Search www.city-data.com and see what percentage of boys there are to girls in certain areas. I search every place I live and it usually comes up at lest 54% boys. Sure there are exceptions to every rules but I would say 90% of the towns in America have a shortage of women. Factor in the race mixers and lesbians and that cuts down even more.

Of course Zog is trying to cut out the males with their Israel led wars.

It may be a good thing if parents would choose girls over boys.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCross
Should not even be considered. Why mess with Mother Nature more than we do right now? Just look in China where everyone wants a boy. Years later (today) there are a shortage of women.

Just say no to the sausage fest you will sentence your kids to.
__________________
http://www.vnnforum.com/showpost.php...64&postcount=9
Doppelhaken, Draco, Richard H, ToddinFl, Augustus Sutter, Chain, Subrosa, Jarl, White Will, whose next?
 
Old July 21st, 2006 #4
JoeSixPack
Opponent of Semitism
 
JoeSixPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere 'round here
Posts: 1,175
JoeSixPack
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
I search every place I live and it usually comes up at lest 54% boys. Sure there are exceptions to every rules but I would say 90% of the towns in America have a shortage of women.
I disagree with the 90%. Perhaps it is that way around your area, but I have looked at a number of cities in Georgia, and many of those have a significant majority of females.

Such as Dahlonega:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Dahlonega-Georgia.html
Quote:
Males: 1,542 (42.4%), Females: 2,096 (57.6%)
Valdosta:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Valdosta-Georgia.html
Quote:
Males: 20,237 (46.3%), Females: 23,487 (53.7%)
And Savannah:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Savannah-Georgia.html
Quote:
Males: 62,039 (47.2%), Females: 69,471 (52.8%)
__________________
"Evidence linking these Israelis to 9/11 is classified. I cannot tell you about evidence that has been gathered. It's classified information."
-US official quoted in Carl Cameron's Fox News report on the Israeli spy ring and its connections to 9-11.
 
Old July 21st, 2006 #5
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby
 
odin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,876
odin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
I search every place I live and it usually comes up at lest 54% boys. Sure there are exceptions to every rules but I would say 90% of the towns in America have a shortage of women.
The country, as a whole, is 52% female.

Quote:
Allowing parents to pick the sex for reasons such as "balancing" the make-up of their family might be a "slippery slope" to designer babies, she warned.
And, what exactly is wrong with "designer" babies? Is it wrong for babies to be born without birth defects? Is it wrong for babies to be born that will grow up with exceptional physical fitness?

Last edited by odin; July 21st, 2006 at 03:57 PM.
 
Old July 21st, 2006 #6
JoeSixPack
Opponent of Semitism
 
JoeSixPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere 'round here
Posts: 1,175
JoeSixPack
Post

Doc must like to live in areas with lots of "available men" and shortages of women!
__________________
"Evidence linking these Israelis to 9/11 is classified. I cannot tell you about evidence that has been gathered. It's classified information."
-US official quoted in Carl Cameron's Fox News report on the Israeli spy ring and its connections to 9-11.
 
Old July 21st, 2006 #7
Sean Martin
......
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 9,397
Sean Martin
Default

You are the one searching the Internet for Negro male calendars. I used to think you were cool but now I think there is something seriously wrong with you.

I live in white areas, what can I say white people breed more males than females. Joseph (nice Hebrew name BTW) must like living in non-white areas. Didn’t you state get it’s first Lesbian governor or something in the past year or so?

Is that a picture you normally keep on your computer or is that for your wife when you can’t cut the mustard? I hear Creators have a problem with child birth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSixPack
Doc must like to live in areas with lots of "available men" and shortages of women!
__________________
http://www.vnnforum.com/showpost.php...64&postcount=9
Doppelhaken, Draco, Richard H, ToddinFl, Augustus Sutter, Chain, Subrosa, Jarl, White Will, whose next?

Last edited by Sean Martin; July 21st, 2006 at 07:13 PM.
 
Old July 21st, 2006 #8
JoeSixPack
Opponent of Semitism
 
JoeSixPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere 'round here
Posts: 1,175
JoeSixPack
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
You are the one searching the Internet for Negro male calendars.
You are the one searching the internet for cities with majority male populations.
__________________
"Evidence linking these Israelis to 9/11 is classified. I cannot tell you about evidence that has been gathered. It's classified information."
-US official quoted in Carl Cameron's Fox News report on the Israeli spy ring and its connections to 9-11.
 
Old July 22nd, 2006 #9
Sean Martin
......
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 9,397
Sean Martin
Default

When I make a land purchase I search the race, size and various other things about the land to see what type of place I am investing. That is why I make money. City-data provides all of this information and more including male to female ratio on one page.

You however are searching for pictures of half naked men. Since you are now unemployed I am sure your wife will need to get her motor started somehow. I guess that is how you will give her the jumpstart.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSixPack
You are the one searching the internet for cities with majority male populations.
__________________
http://www.vnnforum.com/showpost.php...64&postcount=9
Doppelhaken, Draco, Richard H, ToddinFl, Augustus Sutter, Chain, Subrosa, Jarl, White Will, whose next?
 
Old July 22nd, 2006 #10
JoeSixPack
Opponent of Semitism
 
JoeSixPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere 'round here
Posts: 1,175
JoeSixPack
Post

Insulting my family isn't going to make you look good Sean. That type of thing is why you aren't respected here.
__________________
"Evidence linking these Israelis to 9/11 is classified. I cannot tell you about evidence that has been gathered. It's classified information."
-US official quoted in Carl Cameron's Fox News report on the Israeli spy ring and its connections to 9-11.
 
Old July 22nd, 2006 #11
Sean Martin
......
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 9,397
Sean Martin
Default

How about I insult self terminated Jew Benjamin Klassen, will that help me look good on VNNF?

I have always been civil with you, but you wanted to start something and now you whine about it.

If I were in your condition, Sean Martin would be the last thing on my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSixPack
Insulting my family isn't going to make you look good Sean. That type of thing is why you aren't respected here.
__________________
http://www.vnnforum.com/showpost.php...64&postcount=9
Doppelhaken, Draco, Richard H, ToddinFl, Augustus Sutter, Chain, Subrosa, Jarl, White Will, whose next?
 
Old July 22nd, 2006 #12
JoeSixPack
Opponent of Semitism
 
JoeSixPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere 'round here
Posts: 1,175
JoeSixPack
Post

Schlock Martin, insult whomever you want but you aren't going to make me cry. Like I said, you are only going to make yourself look bad if you continue on your current path.

By the way, I'm not a Creator. :cheers:
__________________
"Evidence linking these Israelis to 9/11 is classified. I cannot tell you about evidence that has been gathered. It's classified information."
-US official quoted in Carl Cameron's Fox News report on the Israeli spy ring and its connections to 9-11.
 
Old July 22nd, 2006 #13
Sean Martin
......
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 9,397
Sean Martin
Default

You can insult my name. Not only do you act like an anonymous message forum is a high school popularity contest you act like you are still in high school.

Do you honestly think I care about what Creators and anonymous people like you think about me?

It only gets worse from here.

BTW shouldn’t you and your boyfriend Doppelhaken be scouring the net for naked Negro pics for your wives?


Also notice I have 5 red dots, do you think it matters from this point which path I take?


Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSixPack
Schlock Martin, insult whomever you want but you aren't going to make me cry. Like I said, you are only going to make yourself look bad if you continue on your current path.

By the way, I'm not a Creator. :cheers:
__________________
http://www.vnnforum.com/showpost.php...64&postcount=9
Doppelhaken, Draco, Richard H, ToddinFl, Augustus Sutter, Chain, Subrosa, Jarl, White Will, whose next?
 
Old July 23rd, 2006 #14
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy
 
TwistedCross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,137
TwistedCross
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin

Also notice I have 5 red dots, do you think it matters from this point which path I take?
Try just being yourself, deal with those here as you would in real life.
 
Old July 23rd, 2006 #15
Sean Martin
......
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 9,397
Sean Martin
Default

There is a lot of difference in dealing with anonymous screen names and dealing with actual people. In person I am very soft spoken and diplomatic. Given the setting I am usually in I am often the mediator and the one to settle disputes. I am similar to Brutusís online persona when you meet me in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCross
Try just being yourself, deal with those here as you would in real life.
__________________
http://www.vnnforum.com/showpost.php...64&postcount=9
Doppelhaken, Draco, Richard H, ToddinFl, Augustus Sutter, Chain, Subrosa, Jarl, White Will, whose next?
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.
Page generated in 0.11436 seconds.

VNN on Twitter