VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 28th, 2007 #1
ViV

Lightbulb Kosovo-Albanian leader Hashim Thaci: "I love Israel!"

Quote:
Hashim Thaci may be the tough-talking prime minister of Kosovo and ex-commander of the Kosovo Liberation Army, but he gushes over Israel like a kid recalling a trip to Disney World.

"I love Israel. What a great country! Kosovo is a friend of Israel," the grinning Thaci, 39, says in a Pristina hotel crowned by a miniature statue of liberty. "I met so many great leaders when I was there -- Netanyahu, Sharon -- I really admire them," Thaci continued, referring to former Israeli prime ministers Benjamin Netanyahu and Ariel Sharon.

With the province of Kosovo preparing to declare independence from Serbia following years of failed negotiations and the expiration of a United Nations deadline on Dec. 10 for an agreement with the Serbs, Thaci is poised to become the prime minister of Europe's newest country.

[...]

In Kosovo -- where Thaci's campaign adviser was an Israeli, and where a recent candidate for Parliament used a picture of himself embracing U.S. President George W. Bush on his promotional poster -- fears about radical Islam seem far-fetched.

Asked whether Kosovo was pro-Israel, Vlora Citaku, a spokeswoman for Thaci, laughed. "There is only one answer," she said. "We are pro-U.S."

Whole article: http://www.jewishexponent.com/article/14932/

UCK (KLA) leader Hashim Thaci with Jewess Madeleine Albright in 1999

KLA becomes TMK - Nothing changed except the name
Hashim Thaci, UCK leader; Bernard Kouchner (Jew) UN Administrator of Kosovo
Gen. Sir Mike Jackson (Jew) KFOR Commander, Agim Ceku, commander of UCK
Gen. Wesley Clarck, (Jew) NATO commander, October 1999 (source)

Quote:
Kosovar Albanian leader promises
to prevent revenge attacks on Jews

Jewish Telegraph Agency News - July 5, 1999

By Ruth E. Gruber

ROME, July 5 (JTA) -- The leader of Kosovar Albanians issued a written promise to safeguard Kosovo's Jews and their property.

Hashim Thaci met twice in recent days with a special envoy of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, Eli Eliezri, to whom he issued a letter ordering ``the entire Kosovo Liberation Army under my control to respect and protect all the Jews of Kosovo."

The KLA, the letter said, ``will also protect and preserve the property of the Jews of Kosovo whether they are present at the moment in Kosovo or whether they are absent and intend to return."

It also guaranteed safety to representatives of the JDC.

Despite the assurances, members of Kosovo's tiny Jewish community, commonly identified as Serbs, remain under threat of revenge attacks from Kosovar Albanians.

Speaking to JTA from Tel Aviv, Eliezri said the situation in Kosovo remained chaotic and dangerous for anyone not of Albanian ethnicity or not speaking Albanian.

Heavily armed paramilitary vigilantes target and threaten such people, including Jews, as Serbs or Serb sympathizers, whether or not they actively worked with the Serbs before or during the NATO air campaign.

The average Kosovar Albanian, Eliezri said, identifies Kosovar Jews, who do not speak Albanian, as Serbs. Indeed, some local Jews have close links with Serbs and Serbia.

``The government wants to control people, but they haven't succeeded yet," he said, adding that Kosovo's Jews are being threatened and ordered to leave their homes ``all the time."

Yechiel Bar Chaim, the JDC representative for the former Yugoslavia, said three Kosovar Jews were evacuated to Macedonia on Sunday.
``They had been directly threatened,'' he told JTA.

Last week, the leader of the Kosovo Jewish community and his family were evacuated after armed men ordered them to leave town.

There are believed to be about 40 Jews remaining in Kosovo.
For more background information, listen to the following two American Dissident Voices 1999 archive broadcasts, narrated by the late Dr. William L. Pierce:

http://www.natvan.com/internet-radio/ts/041099.mp3

http://www.natvan.com/internet-radio/ts/040399.mp3

Tags
albanians not white, israel lobby, jews, kosovo, serbia

Thread