Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Pump Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JC View Post
"
Pump Head - Cognitive Impairment After Bypass Surgery

Richard N. Fogoros, M.D.
You failed to note that this doctor makes his living consulting for companies that sell equipment for heart surgery. As I have posted before, I consulted for a famous Phoenix heart surgeon for 10 years and knew about the danger of time on pump. What I didn't know was that in the surgeon's locker room, it was well known to be ten times worse. Aorta surgery is ten times more dangerous yet. Ruptured aorta surgery is another ten times worse. It is a miracle that Steele is not a TOTAL vegetable and has ANY brain left.

If the public knew the risks of brain damage, heart surgery rates would plummet. Heart surgeons would be driving Toyotas and not BMW's. If you need heart surgery, get the best heart surgeon available and get ready for a substantial loss of brain function. We have had two forum members post here about it. One first hand about his experience, and the other about her father. Heart surgeons consider surgery a success if the patient is walking and talking afterwards and they get paid . It doesn't matter if the patient is now a semi-vegetable.

Steele had no choice. He was minutes away from death. Most patients have blocked arteries due to diet and a sedentary life style. They have a choice. Heart surgery takes their money and makes them vegetables. Exercise and diet changes do much more good.