Full Thread: Dialects
View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2019 #17
T.Garrett
Banned

Thumbs down Mario Pei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
Thank you for this interesting post, T. There's no doubt that it was wrong of Mario Pei to work for the evil, jew-controlled Department of War, and to promote globalism and the stupid and ugly artificial jew language known as Esperanto, but the claim that Sardinian is the language that's closest to Latin (or "the most conservative Romance language", which is another way of putting it) is widely accepted. Have you ever read texts in Sardinian and then compared them to Italian and Latin? I have, and I agree with the experts.
You're fluent in Latin, Sardinian and Italian? I'll look at what you have, I'm curious.

I think Mario Pei was a douche, he wasn't just 'wrong' Stewart he was a fucking traitor. That doesn't necessarily invalidate his investigations into Romance languages (which I'm sure were peer reviewed), its simply that when someone like this sellout opines on an issue of some import to Euro culture my first reaction is bullshit. And especially an issue concerning his 'native' Italy, which he stabbed in the back to curry favor with some of the slimiest anglo/jews that have ever breathed free air.

Like everything else, just my opinion.