View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2012 #5
Bev
drinking tea

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/editor-s-picks/these-men-took-my-innocence-as-they-lured-me-into-a-sickening-world-of-abuse-1.1079252
Quote:

The grooming of teenage girls is to be investigated by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre.

The move comes after two men were jailed last week in the north of England after they sexually abused vulnerable young girls.

But the problem is not confined to England as a brave Glasgow victim today speaks for the first time of her grooming nightmare...

Young girls in Glasgow are being targeted by gangs who force them into sex slavery.

The gangsters become the naive girls’ “friends” before using violence and intimidation to lure them into underage sex.

Speaking exclusively to the Evening Times, one victim has told her horrific story in a bid to make more people aware of the abuse being carried out in the city today.

Aged 14, Caroline (not her real name) was a “typical teenager” who loved nothing more than hanging out with her friends after school and the highlight of her week was a Saturday, when they would spend the afternoon shopping in the city centre.

But, by Caroline’s 15th birthday, her innocent childhood had come to an end.

She had been raped and sexually abused by dozens of men.

“One minute I was a normal teenage girl, the next, I was being forced to have sex with these old men.

“I had never even kissed a boy before – they completely took my innocence from me,” said Caroline, who turned 16 last October.

The teenager told how two of her friends became involved with a couple of older boys.

Caroline, who lived in Newlands, on the South Side of the city, explained: “My friends started going out with these two boys, so we all began spending lots of time together.

“But what we didn’t realise was that they were being used by the gang to lure naive girls into their underage sex ring.”

Caroline remembers every detail of how the gang took hold of her life.

“Our new ‘friends’ introduced me to an older relative – a man called Nasir.

He told me he was 21 and that he really liked me. I was young, stupid and naive, so I believed him.”

After meeting in 2008, Nasir began taking Caroline out regularly. He plied her with alcohol and showered her with gifts.

Caroline, who was educated at a private school, continued: “I thought he was so cool. I was having a great time – none of my friends had a boyfriend like this.

“I really had no idea that he was part of a gang. He seemed like the perfect gentleman.

“Soon, we were seeing each other every day. Nasir was so much more exciting than anyone else I knew.”

He was selling me. In just a few months I’d slept with more than 60 men

However, one day, Nasir revealed to Caroline, in the most brutal way imaginable, that he was in a gang – by raping her, in front of his fellow gang members, who, while laughing, recorded the attack on their mobile phones.