View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2009 #1
Greg Gerdes

Default Free and easy publicity

The Montana Standard has a daily circulation of over 18,000

Quote:
Book challenged at Kohrs Library In Deer Lodge

By Pat Hansen for The Montana Standard - 03/31/2009

DEER LODGE — A personal memoir has been challenged and a request made to have the book removed from the William K. Kohrs Library in Deer Lodge.

The book, challenged by Greg Gerdes of Deer Lodge, is "For Those I Loved," by Martin Gray. The book is a New York Times best-seller first published by Little, Brown & Co. in 1972 and read by more than 30 million people worldwide, according to Barnes & Noble Web site.

In it, Gray, a Polish Jew, tells of how he survived the German invasion, recalls his life in the Warsaw ghetto and Treblinka concentration camp, where his mother and brothers died, his life in the Soviet Army, and the building of a new life in the United States.

In accordance with Kohrs Library policy regarding complaints and censorship, librarian Nancy Silliman read the challenged book and informed Gerdes that she had decided to retain the book in question. Gerdes then appealed her decision to the library board.

Board chairman David Gregory said the board held a hearing to gather information. At that time, Gerdes allegedly claimed the author witnessing the Treblinka concentration camp holocaust is untrue and the book is anti-German hate propaganda.

During the hearing Gerdes presented a statement and showed the board $5,000 in cash saying he would donate it to the library if any one can prove there were graves at Treblinka.

A business card Gerdes gave the board indicates he is president of the National Association of Forensic Historians dedicated to "exposing historical fraud via the scientific method." No phone number was included on the card, but the association's Web site stated, "No matter what anyone thinks about the holocaust per se, one thing is eminently clear — the Treblinka holocaust didn't happen." It goes on to say there is no proof of mass graves, no indication that bodies were burned and that Treblinka was a transit camp where the gas chambers were, in reality, delousing facilities.

Peggy Kerr, president of the Friends of the Library, spoke against banning or censorship at the information- gathering meeting.

John Thompson, a Deer Lodge resident, described the library as a place of choices for the community, saying American people have a right to choose what they want to read.

Gregory said the board is not judging the book nor its contents, but will decide the issue based on three criteria: the library's collection management policy, the basic premise of intellectual freedom, and the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution that guarantees freedom of speech and of the press.

The board will decide the issue at a public meeting at 5 p.m. Thursday, April 16, in the Kohrs Library.
Link: http://www.mtstandard.com/articles/2...jggijagjhh.txt

And when I addressed the library board, I said I was going to make it short and sweet and let my money and research do the talking for me. I showed them $5,000.00 in cash and presented them with this:

Quote:
Would you like to have $5,000.00 donated to the William K. Kohrs Memorial Library in your name?

If you can answer yes to the simple question asked on slide # 26 in this Power-Point presentation on this internet web link: http://www.solargeneral.com/history/...kaHolohoax.pdf (alternate internet web link here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/13185547/T...linka-Holohoax ) as well as provide the requisite proof verifying your yes answer, $5,000.00 will be donated in your name to the Wm. K. Kohrs Memorial Library. For more information, please see a Wm. K. Kohrs Memorial Library librarian or board member, or contact Greg Gerdes - President of the National Association of Forensic Historians, Wm. K. Kohrs Memorial Library Patron and the - Deer Lodge Public Library Donation Challenge - Benefactor at: [email protected] (Please note that this $5,000.00 donation is separate from and in addition to the NAFH’s $100,000.00 reward.)
And there is more to come.

It didn't take much time or effort and virtually no money. All it took was just knowing my stuff and my willingness to put my money where my mouth is.

Like I said - free and easy publicity - regardless of the outcome.