Full Thread: Dialects
View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2019 #27
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking ahhhh ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
I linked to that Wikipedia article because it's filled with important information about the subject that we're discussing. I get the impression that you didn't read it or that you read it but didn't understand it.

But if you feel that that's not enough, then here's a link to a (small) Latin-Sardinian dictionary that you can read for free on the internet:

http://www.pittau.it/Sardo/voc/vocabolario.html

You can compare the two languages to each other and observe all the similarities. Of course, it helps if you also speak Italian because then it will become apparent why Sardinian is considered the most conservative Romance language (and thus the closest to Latin).
I read the article and understand it, I just don't agree with it. I gave the reasons why I don't agree and you responded 'well, that's your opinion' so as far as I'm concerned discussion over.

Thanks for the link to the dictionary, and no I don't speak Italian I only understand a little from being around folks who are fluent in the language here in NYC.

I'll check it out when I have a little more time I'm in the process of putting my boat in the water for the season and need to do a few upgrades on the electrical system and the electronics so I'll be busy with that for awhile. My 'black hole' in the water.

BTW I asked my goombah at Wine@79 if he knew of a good Sardinian red ...I buy this Tuscan Sangiovese to drink with my friends there, he's getting a few bottles that I'll put on the table this weekend and see if I hear a "get the fuck outta here" over supper.

Ciao for now buddy

Last edited by T.Garrett; May 16th, 2019 at 12:25 AM.