View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2014 #7
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick Beukeboom View Post
Awesome reviews and analysis Alex.
thanks. Best stuff on VNN in awhile
Thanks. I appreciate comments like this - positive OR negative - because this stuff takes quite a lot of time to do. I don't write about anything -- nothing -- unless I can pull useful lessons out of it. Every single thing I write has evergreen material. People should understand that. It's funny - there are millions of reviews of tv shows and movies, but they're not really intellectual considerations, they're simply plot rehashes and a few comments. This is a sad result of jews taking over the right. The old National Review and The American Spectator used to be full of this stuff. No more. Yet it's so much more interesting than policy-politics or electoral politics. You just can't find it anymore. To the extent there's any intellectual review of modern cultural products, it's just leftists whining about how it's not sensitive enough to this or that, or it's 'problematic' in some other way - and I wouldn't call this crap intellectual, it's just ideological vetting for semitical correctness.