View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2008 #149
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassanio View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll start watching today. Glad to hear that there are three seasons. Unfortunately Rome was cancelled after two due to poor viewership.

I liked both seasons, but the second season had too many sub-plots for my liking -- particularly the ridiculous jew subplot that you mentioned and the other subplot with Titus's two girls (one being a mystery meat).

I also despised the part when Atia (Roman nobility) had sex with Timon the Jew in front of her servants. That was jewshit.

And there was also that part with the honest and honourable Sikhs whom a Roman gangster tried to swindle. Didn't really enjoy that part at all, either.

I'll admit, however, that the rest of the second season was fantastic. I particularly appreciated how the Egyptian nobility was played by White actors.

Yes, I recall something now. He played an insignificant role, anyhow. Unfortunately the same can't be said about seaon two.
I got the first season of Rome from the local library the other day and so far have watched the first five episodes. I like it very much up to this point. I think I like Pullio the best, he's a kick-ass dude! Veronus too is an interesting character, there's a resigned melancholy about him that's compelling. Thanks for the recommendation, Bass!

I also watched Deadwood a few months back and became a fan of that series. You kinda gotta like a show that if they're going to have a negro character they give him a name like The Li'l Nigger General! Lol!
I also like how White folks refer to the Chinese as "Celestials". That always cracks me up!
I enjoy how the writers allow the characters to be as organically racist as they please without being judgemental. That's quite refreshing to see in any modern media production.