Full Thread: Edgar Steele
View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2013 #3270
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
It is beyond argument that Steele was sane from 2000 until his aorta surgery. Then he went crazy and has stayed that way. You are out of your depth on pump head. Start by STUDYING my motion. It is an excellent primer. ALL heart surgeries result in measurable cognitive impairment. Steele's is a rather severe case but not that unusual. What is unusual is the fact that he is still alive. I know of NO other cases of anyone surviving an aorta which blew an HOUR before surgery. That hour likely deprived his brain of oxygen in addition to causing some strokes. The surgery then caused hundreds of more microstrokes. His surgeon is to be commended for saving his life and not criticized for making him crazy.
Of course it's not beyond argument! I and several others (like heart surgeons in those medical sources) are arguing it.

I've read your primer.

Right - do you have any idea of how the human body works? Any at all? He was seated when his aorta blew. He felt it pop. He stayed seated for 15 minutes which allowed it to clot and save his life. He then got help in the shape of a helicopter staffed by medical personnel who probably had O2 on board.

Now, unless he held his breath for those 15 minutes (which I very much doubt) his brain was fully oxygenated from the start. Yes? No mention of the pulmonary artery which carries O2 round the body being ruptured so there was oxygen in his blood.

He was seated with his heart blowing blood through the aorta. I don't know if you know what the aorta does but it carries blood from the heart and down to the stomach before pumping it round the body. So let's just assume that for those 15 minutes, he didn't sit there doing some kind of merry jig but instead remained still, with no movement.

With a hole in the main pipe from the heart and Steele sat as still as a statue, there ain't no clot fragments being forced up to the brain.

Once the med staff got hold of him, he would have been given, if deemed necessary, anticoag therapy to disperse any clots.

And yet again, pumphead SETS IN WITHIN SIX WEEKS OF THE OPEN HEART SURGERY AND THEN SPONTANEOUSLY CLEARS UP WITHIN THREE WEEKS OF ONSET!

Last edited by Bev; February 8th, 2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: grammar crimes committed in my shock at finding myself using CAPSLOCK!!11!!