Full Thread: Edgar Steele
View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2010 #1096
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Acting As Your Own Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
The man who serves as his own attorney has a fool for a client but does a man who's been shot and performs first-aid on himself also have a fool for a patient?
Mike is ignorant of the origin of this saying. It comes from old Honest Abe Lincoln who was a high priced railroad lawyer. The most important case that he tried in his life was suing a railroad for attorneys fees. He didn't follow his own advice. He acted as his own lawyer and won. The $5,000 that he won then is $250,000 in current Jew money.

The situation in a gun shot is far different, depending on the location of the wound. First aid should be performed by the patient if possible. Several years back, a Russian doctor winter bound in Antarctica removed his own appendix successfully. If you are a reasonably good doctor you want to treat your own wound before you pay a quack to do it.

Steele is coming to grips with the fact that lawyers can't afford each other. Pauly's law is that any lawyer that you can afford is not worth having. There are no exceptions to that law. I have saved myself tens of thousands of dollars over the years by acting as my own attorney and have a track record of 70% success. I have cost the other side dearly in every case.

Acting as your own attorney in a civil case gives you a big advantage over your opponent if they have to pay a lawyer. You can bankrupt them by delaying tactics. If you are in a criminal case provisions have to be made for you to conduct your defense. Time spent in a law library is far cheaper than allowing a scum sucking lawyer to bankrupt you. The so called skill of lawyers is greatly overrated.