View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2012 #33
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
A fast-food shop worker has been jailed for four years for sexually abusing 18 girls in Greater Manchester.

Iranian national Homayon Narouzzad admitted 25 offences of sexual activity with a child at an earlier hearing.

The victims were aged between 12 and 15, and the offences committed while he worked at a takeaway shop in Bury between April 2010 and February 2011.

The 34-year-old, from Whitefield, was jailed for four years at Bolton Crown Court with eight more years on licence.

Narouzzad lived in a flat above the Family Guy takeaway.

The court heard that after befriending one girl he asked her to invite other schoolgirls to his address so he could carry out the abuse.
'Corrupting effect'

He paid the girls between £10 and £50, and bribed them with food and cigarettes.

The court heard some of the girls had been left psychologically scarred by the abuse.

One girl said she wanted to kill herself while another said she constantly washed herself because she felt "dirty".

Judge Maureen Roddy said during the sentencing: "Each of them has suffered significant psychological harm that is far more difficult to treat and cure than physical scars.

"The innocence of those victims was destroyed by your actions, you had a corrupting effect on them, paid them for their services."

Narouzzad came to the UK in 2000 seeking political asylum from Iran. He had no previous convictions and was granted leave to remain in the UK.
'Bad dreams'

He was arrested on 4 March 2011 after one girl told her mother about the abuse.

A police search at his address revealed a large number of CDs and magazines relating to a sexual interest in feet.

Officers traced the girls involved, with one aged 15, three aged 12 and the rest either 13 or 14.

The statement of one 13-year-old victim said: "Since this happened I feel down a lot and get very angry towards friends and family.

"Sometimes I wish I was dead. I have horrible things in my head, I have bad dreams, nightmares."

Iain Simkin, mitigating, said it was an "extraordinary case" as Narouzzad had not used force on the girls and there was no penetrative sex or touching above the ankles.
'Selfish crimes'

The court heard the defendant had blamed the victims and down-played his role during questioning by probation officers.

But in a letter to the judge, Narouzzad said: "Can I express my sincere apologies and remorse to the victims and their families for my selfish crimes?

"I am truly ashamed of myself."

Det Insp Jane Little, of Greater Manchester Police, said: "Narouzzad abused his position to prey on young and vulnerable girls.

"He reeled them in by offering them free food for friendship before progressing things further by offering cash for sexual favours.

"As in other similar cases, some of Narouzzad's victims did not recognise that they were being exploited and sometimes confused exploitation with genuine affection."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-14013109