View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2006 #60
Big Bawana

Default The first few Weissmuller Tarzan films

The first few Tarzan movies made by MGM starring Olympic swimming hero Johnny Weissmuller were huge box office hits, not only in the US but also in Europe and all other white countries.

The films were loosely based upon the Edgar Rice Burroughs novels about "Tarzan the Apeman" which revelled in unabashed white sumpremacy during the decades before Hitler came to power.

The first few Weissmuller films also portrayed African blacks as distinctly sub-human.

I know later on the Tarzan movies watered down the white supremacy message and became rather corny, but the first two films were bigger then than the recent Spiderman films were a few years ago. And for several decades white kids would play Tarzan in their backyards or in the parks or woods near their homes. I know I did. Tarzan movies were regular fare on Sunday afternoons on the local TV station while I was growing up. I attribute much of my inate sense of racial consciousness to watching these films, where blacks were shown to be more vile creatures than wild animals, and a single white man could beat them in their own element.

Also, Tarzan was a real Aryan inside and out. In the first two films, "Tarzan the Apeman" and "Tarzan Finds a Mate", Weismuller is probably still in his 20s and was a remarkable physical specimen even by today's standards. He is tall, lithe and naturally muscled (doesn't look like a weight lifter) with a natural athletic build. (Although ten years later he began to lose that lean Olympic physique.) And Tarzan has an Aryan character. He is direct and honest to a fault, and he instintively knows right thinking and right behavior from wrong thinking and wrong behavior and always choses the right path. He has good instincts and natural wits and superior intelligence.

I cannot think of any movie character that did more to promote the idea of blatant white sumpremacy to American movie goers than Johnny Weissmuller did in the role of Tarzan. And he did this for two generations of our people. My mother and her brothers and sisters loved Tarzan while growing up, and so did I. The message of white supremacy was so powerful and simple and direct that even children understood it.

What more can you say.