View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2014 #33
Alex Linder
Administrator

Ousted one-term U.S. Congressman from Illinois Joe Walsh says he's been kicked off his own radio show for trying to have a frank and honest discussion about race in America.

The Tea Party darling was on air Thursday discussing the controversy surrounding the name of the Washington Redskins when he used racial slurs like the N-word and C-word as part of what he says was a thoughtful comparison.

That's when the station cut him off with commercial breaks and they've since cut him off completely from his own show.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz35BwjNOuc

Walsh's language apparently included some unsavory slurs, which the 52-year-old husband and father chose to use on Twitter as he stormed away from the radio station.

'Found out if I said Redskins or Cracker or Redneck Bible Thumper, I could stay on. But if I said N***** or S***k, they cut me off,' he wrote.

Walsh then revealed to his followers that he would be off the air at least until Friday, when he was slated for a 5pm meeting with his producers concerning the incident.

It's unclear what their decision on the delicate matter will be, but what is known is that Walsh's show is very popular at the Chicago station.

In fact, The Answer website says that the former lawmaker's show was expanded to a three hour time slot just a few months after its debut.

'The only complaint was from Joe,' program director Marcus Brown said in 2013. 'He had more to say than we could fit into two hours, so we’re adding an extra hour and are moving his show to drive time in Chicago

'Joe isn’t just a rising star in talk radio. He’s a meteor, and his potential for success in this business is enormous.'