The Radical Press latest victim of the Canadian Human Rights Commission
B’nai Brith and Harry Abrams accuse the website of promoting “ongoing hatred affecting persons identifiable as Jews and/or as citizens of Israel ”
On January 3, 2008, Arthur Topham, Editor of the Radical Press responded to yet another politically motivated complaint – the type the Canadian Human Rights Commission love. The complainant this time is Harry Abrams and the misnamed League for “Human Rights” of B’nai Brith.
In their typical Orwellian way, the CHRC demanded answers to 10 questions, whose answers they will later use to send this case to a tribunal. From past experience the only answers they care to see are that your responsible. Whatever defence the victims puts up is just ignored. After all, with show trials, a defence is of little help.
Here is what the Radical Press wrote:
ANSWERS TO CHRC QUESTIONAIRE:
1. Do you own and/or control radicalpress.com? If not, do you know who own’s [sic] and/or controls this website?
Yes. I own and control radicalpress.com
2. What is the purpose of this website?
The Radical Press is a Sole Proprietorship business registered with the provincial government in Victoria , B.C. It was formed in 1998 when I began publishing a monthly alternative tabloid known as The Radical. The online version of this hard copy newspaper is known as Radicalpress.com . The purpose of the Radical Press and Radicalpress.com, like all news services, is to present to the general public news, information and opinions with which readers can better understand the world they are living in. The forum is provided, as is/was a Letters to the Editor page in The Radical, for public input, debate and feedback.
3. What is the intent of the information/documentation posted on this website?
See answer to Question #2.
4. Who is responsible for editing and/or posting the content of the information/documentation on this website?
5. How are the documents being posted on this website?
Documents are received from various writers on the net either via email or from their own websites or listserv or in hardcopy format or else written by myself and then republished on my site.
6. What is your relationship to radicalpress.com?
The Radical Press is my voice on the world wide web and the vehicle that I use to exercise my human right to freedom of the press and self-expression.
7. Who is the webmaster of this website?
I am the webmaster of radicalpress.com
8. Who is responsible for monitoring the forums on your website? What are your rules and regulations concerning the postings of messages on the forums? What is the criteria used to remove postings?
I am responsible for all aspects of monitoring the Radical Press forum. The rules and regulations are simple: no racist comments or articles are allowed. If this is discovered on the forum the post is removed and the poster is given a fair warning to not repeat their error. If they do they are deleted from the forum.
9. In reviewing your website, it would appear that radicalpress.com active [sic] links to organizations such as http://www.Stormfront.org
. What is the purpose of making these links available and active?
Again, please see response to Question #2.
10. Who is your present Internet Service Provider (ISP)? Where is it located? Please provide a copy of the ISP’s arrangement. Please provide a copy of the agreement with ISP.
All information regarding my ISP, its location and whatever agreements I have with it, are of a private business nature no different than my bank account and credit card information and passwords, etc. No organization, including the CHRC, has a right to this information. I have committed no criminal act and therefore am entitled to retain my legal business rights.