View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2011 #20
Craig Cobb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I know this may sound like a stupid question, but what kind of "savings" would you need to do this? As in what's the hiring ratio/ how fast do they hire and that sort of thing? I'm next to completely broke but would really like to get to that area (even though Colorado here is incredible, but as with most places, no jobs...), and especially get a decent job there. Has anyone on here actually gone there yet and gotten hired?
I literally slept on a bench above a grate for a at the invitation of a shop owner in Stanley. Also slept two nights in the tiny Stanley train station. You only have to be motivated. I have met a WN who arrived a couple of weeks after me. He posts on VNNF. I again fervently urge all WN who are without work or willing to go for a job upgrade to come immediately. You must have resolve and determination. It took me 6 days or a week to get a job. I was careful to scope the type I wanted--oil services. I could have driven cab at about a hundred a day or worked day construction or in a gas station, but I passed.

Casing jobs are very good. You gotta be young. There are 3 or 4 guys directly above the hole and a "stabber". He is suspended about 40 feet up in a harness. Stabbers make about $90K a year. Noble Casing and Joe's Casing are two outfits. The scale of all this is so massive that it makes an imprint on all who see it. I tell you, virtually everyone who gets here gets a job. It is that big. Example: A 6 or 8 story "micro" hotel was just built next to the WalMart in Williston. I don't know how micro or costly the rooms are, but it is odd, is it not, that a micro hotel of that size is even constructed in such a small town?

One tip: Do NOT tell your prospective employer if you don't have a place to live. Say you are staying with relatives who have been here a year or so. Try and arrive with a van or station wagon at the very least. Coleman makes a 1500 watt propane heater (crack your windows to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning)...so you could migrate as late as Sept. or even Oct.
Once you have a paycheck or two you can buy a used trailer or camper out of state where they are economically depressed.

To Ryan: Yeah, there are a few nigs here and too many spics. Which makes it annoying that WN's won't come. The casing guys I knew declared a few times a day in exultation that they were "nigger rich". Very funny, they were.
Can you imagine how dismaying it is for me that I cannot induce a single White to come here and work and change his life overnight?

The state sales tax is 7%--just up from 5% I think. Who cares when you are so well paid?

EDIT:
This school in the Bay area of CA will train you to get a Class A CDL truck driving license for $2,000 cash. Bring your CDL to the Bakken area of ND.
http://www.americantruckschool.com/ Guys in my company with a CDL make about $10K a month; if you have your own tractor and ancillary rig, the pay is $10K per week, not per month.