View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2004 #8
Silicon Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitler goddess
Remember the whole JBL/Eddie Guerrero storyline?

Haha Yes I do. Some of the highlights included JBL waiting by the US border to prevent mexicans coming in.. and the whole nazi shtick
in germany on the anniversary of the D-Day landings.

I understand your point though.. never has the WWF pushed the minorities as much as they are doing now.. Shelton Benjamin, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero, and the Wigga John Cena to name but a few.. But you will still notice that whitey comes out on top (albeit in a cheating underhanded capacity)

I dont think this has anything to do with the decline in wrestling.. I put it down to the lack of competition, and the new trend to introduce new wrestlers as 'Joe Blow - The Young Rookie' as opposed to giving them characters and gimmicks like they once did..

I ws offended once though.. and that was when they were running the 'Back The Mack' campaign and the '5 minute White Boy Challenge' where that boon Rodney Mack would beat up a whitey in under 5 mins.. and who beat him in the end? GOLDBERG!

In an interesting note.. that guy Heidenreich was going to portray a Nazi and that guy Kenzo Suzuki was going to play General Hirohito. But someone in the P.C. department put the jam on it.