View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2012 #2769
Roberto Muehlenkamp

A new thread has been opened on the Skeptics Society Forum:
Quote:
The "National Association of Forensic Historians" - NAFH (formerly "National Association of Forensic Criminologists, Archaeologists, Skeptics and Historians" – NAFCASH), a non-existing association consisting only of its "President", an obviously Nazi and White Supremacist fanatic by the name of Greg Gerdes, claims to offer $1,000 for each of a total of (by Gerdes’ count) 54 mass graves at the former Nazi extermination camps Bełżec, Sobibór, Treblinka and Chełmno that is proven to contain "the remains of - at least 19 bodies". The number is 19 because 19 is supposed to be "1/1,000 of 1 %" of the total number of people killed at these four camps according to Michael Shermer, or so Gerdes tells the readers of his website.

Applicants to the reward are supposed to post on the Skeptics Society Forum their evidence for each grave, in compliance with certain "official posting rules" that the applicant must request and confirm receipt of by e-mail. Said proof must then be «categorically endorsed by Michael Shermer (the sole appointed arbiter of the challenge), explicitly stating that said posted "proof" meets his own, "Skeptic" Magazine’s and the "Skeptics" Society’s claimed standards of proof». The required contents of the statement by Michael Shermer are included in a template of the proof submission to be posted by the applicant.

The "official posting rules" are changed at Gerdes’ discretion, a change having been introduced after my first proof submission on 15 February 2012 in order to make sure that, contrary to what is claimed on the NAFH website, the arbiter of the challenge is not Michael Shermer but Greg Gerdes himself.

The present thread starts with a presentation of Greg Gerdes in the manner I consider most appropriate – through his own words in a recent e-mail exchange related to the currently valid "official posting rules". There follows a commentary of and presentation/explanation of answers to «The N.A.F.H. - C.S.I. / Alleged "Mass Graves" Questionnaire», introduced as a prerequisite to be met by applicants prior to their next proof submission. This "questionnaire" was posted on the "CODOH Revisionist Forum" by one "Clem", obviously an alter-ego of Greg Gerdes, after the site on whose forum it had been originally posted (called "The Revisionist Workshop") went off the web. I’m addressing the "questionnaire" on the present forum as I have been banned from the "CODOH Revisionist Forum" (where censoring and banning inconvenient opposition posters is common practice, making a parody of the host organization’s claim to be a "Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust").

But first let Greg Gerdes introduce himself, through the aforementioned exchange of e-mails with this poster (whose e-mail name is "Guadalupe Salcedo", after a Colombian guerrilla leader in the 1950s). As Gerdes’ invective and general behavior is below the level of this forum, I have collected our e-mail exchanges at I have collected our e-mail exchanges at a place more suited to this kind of language.
This is that place.

Last edited by Roberto Muehlenkamp; April 11th, 2012 at 01:38 PM.