View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2015 #26
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate
Default Almost done:

An update to the above post. The symbol I used was wrongly misstated. It's used only on condensers. I don't yet know what it's called. But, microfarads apply to capacitors:

Since we've been residing in this apartment, we have been regularly experiencing lightbulb failure. A neighbor of mine has claimed likewise. This may be due to current fluctuations. This is easy to detect with analog multi-meters. The digital ones are never stable:

Capacitor Capacitor

Quote:
...Capacitors may catastrophically fail when subjected to voltages or currents beyond their rating, or as they reach their normal end of life. Dielectric or metal interconnection failures may create arcing that vaporizes the dielectric fluid, resulting in case bulging, rupture, or even an explosion. Capacitors used in RF or sustained high-current applications can overheat, especially in the center of the capacitor rolls. Capacitors used within high-energy capacitor banks can violently explode when a short in one capacitor causes sudden dumping of energy stored in the rest of the bank into the failing unit...

This is what it's going to look like. I have one more to do. But, underestimated my solder supply. Simple plastic sleeves will insulate the connections and fork terminals were decided on, since I don't ever use them in otherwise critical applications. Besides, if this condenser would to eventually fail, the entire assembly can get discarded, without having to melt solder on a common connection:

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; February 5th, 2015 at 07:23 AM.