View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2014 #1
H.B.

Lightbulb Financially speaking, how would you live your early adulthood again?

One of the most important questions you face, what will you living situation be?

If I had the chance to do it differently in my early adulthood, I would. No major regrets - I would just have been a lot smarter.

They generally don't teach this in the ZOG indoctrination centers or diploma mills and I did not always get more specific advice outside of the desirability of owning over renting.

Here's a ranking system which is roughly most least desirable to most desirable which allows the best hedge against risk and allows for the greatest potential for accumulation of wealth. It's by no means perfect. For example, I rank owning a home higher than living with relatives. However, if you live an area affected by a real estate bubble about to burst, it would make far more sense to live with relatives - or even rent - than it would be to own:
  • Rent expensively alone
  • Rent cheaply alone
  • Rent expensively with roommate
  • Rent cheaply with roommate
  • Live with relatives
  • Own
  • Own and rent out
  • Own free and clear
  • Own free and clear and rent out

I never had relatives nearby who offered to rent where it would have been convenient for all parties. Ideally, if that were the case, I would have jumped from: (1) living with relatives, (2) own and rent out, to (3) own free and clear and rent out.

What is your experience?

Last edited by H.B.; December 6th, 2014 at 01:26 PM.