View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2014 #18
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
You really have to see some of Carrey's dramatic films as well (and not just Truman Show); the guy is talented.
The Majestic didn't give me the urge to disembowel myself, as his films are wont. That's as far as I'll go.

Quote:
Also; I saw some interviews he did on Australian TV, and the guy is genuinely spontaneously witty, which is something that's not common among actors when they're not working from a script.

He told a great anecdote in one of his Australian interviews in regard to his gurning.

When he was young, he used to spend hours pulling faces into the mirror, and his mother told him, 'Stop doing that, or you'll see the Devil!'. Of course, the thought that he had in response to that was, 'Where is the Devil? I want to see him!', and that encouraged him to do it more than ever.
I remember hearing somewhere that he had a pretty rough childhood.

For me, (in his comedic work) he always came across as someone who is "on" all the time. Slightly manic. Just holding a note a little too long, if you know what I mean. Will Ferrell does this as well.

One of the consistently funniest guys over the past three decades has been Bill Murray. That guy is great in everything.