Full Thread: 'second-hand smoke'
View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2008 #38
Randolf Facto

Quote:
Which is why I was asking for clarification, you use strong words and only half mean them, I was wondering which half.
I use words exactly as they are meant to be used, given my frame of reference.

If you infer things that are not there, or otherwise misinterpret and then choose to bandy about even more words in picayune observations about cigars versus cigarettes, I can't help that... a tedious reality of internet threads, I suppose.

Quote:
As for your herpes comparison, it’s more like saying being struck by lightning is ok because car crashes are more common. Both are not good.
Excuse me, but your previous question was posed more along the lines of, given one's druthers, would you rather see people take their chances on a lightning strike (cigars) or a car crash (cigarettes)?

The correct answer would be, since car crashes are far more common than getting struck by lightning, I'd pick taking my chances with the latter... assuming, for the sake of debate, those were the sole choices.

As far as BOTH being bad, well... DUH, and thank you, Captain Obvious.

For the sake of friendliness and "getting acquainted" I deigned to extend the conversation... but forewarned, in the future I will not be so liberal with my time on Philistine "let's see if we can trip him up" Q&A.